Mon, Jun 3, 6:58 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 03 5:40 am)

Subject: Poser 11 SR5 is available

adzan ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 7:10 PM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 4:29 PM

Poser 11 SR5 is available from the download manager.

Updates Poser 11 to Version 11.0.5.32947

The Download Manager also has an update - version 1.0.6.32930 - so the download manager will update before SR5

Attached is the read-me for what has been Enhanced and Fixed...

Smith Micro Software, Inc. and the Poser team are pleased to announce that the Poser 11 Service Release 4 (SR4) is now available for both OS X and Windows. SR5 will update your installation of Poser 11 to version 11.0.5.32947

SR5 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:

• General performance and stability updates and improvements • Content Library improvements • Material Room improvements • Final Rendering improvements • Figure Creation improvements • Simulation improvements • Animation improvements • Import/Export improvements • PoserPython improvements • Queue Manager improvements (Pro Only) • PoserFusion improvements (Pro Only)

With your registered Poser 11 serial number, you can access and download updates via Download Manager (available at http://poser.smithmicro.com/poserupdates.html). SR5 Enhancements and Fixes, by Category

General

• Select tool: Now preserving selection upon ending vertex weight painting and scroll-wheel zoom. • Fixed case where performing Undo then Redo of a Graph or Custom Parameter palette deletion would cause instability. • Edit > Duplicate Prop now duplicates parented props and their children only, not the parent structure. • Fixed case where Edit > Duplicate on a magnet with a weight map would cause instability. • Edit > Duplicate: Modified the way attached deformers (e.g. Magnets) are handled. If a magnet is selected, Edit > Duplicate now duplicates the entire parent prop (including the magnet part). This is to prevent stray deformer parts. • Now writing auto-save file locations to Message Log palette instead of displaying dialog. • Delineated last-used path locations for different file types more clearly. • Enabled High Resolution support, improving experience on Retina displays (OS X only). • Additional GUI scaling fixes for high resolution displays. • Improved application stability by addressing some memory leaks. • Fixed case where lights changed position after changing light color. • Self-referencing dependencies are handled better. • Enabled setting of keyboard shortcuts that were already set via 'Clear' without requiring restart (OS X only). • Improved launch performance when a large number of high resolution images are present in the render cache. • Now ignoring animation layers when adding objects to or from content library, would cause missing geometry upon adding to scene.

Content Library

• Content Library: Library Tree thumbnail and Selected thumbnail sizes now properly remembered and restored between sessions. • Content Library: Fixed case where Item List view does not reset scroll position after a different folder is selected. • Content Library: Now initializing more quickly when a large number of high resolution images are present in the render cache. • Content Library: Corrected scale factor when value other than 1 was configured in General Preferences > Interface > UI Scale (Windows only). • Content Library: Further improved browsing performance, especially with densely nested subfolders or items. Added a caching mechanism to remember items traversed. • Content Library: Fixed a problem with using touchscreen to focus search text field. • Content Library: Various small improvements related to marking items as Favorite. • Content Library: Fixed problems with files with very long path names (OS X only). • Searching using category criteria (e.g. 'Figures', 'Pose', etc) now finds folders as well as items. • Search > Autocomplete setting now remembered and restored properly between sessions. • Search: Folder filtering of results improved. • Search: Double clicking folders in search results now locates them in the tree. • Search: Enabled Sort by: Use Count and Last Used. • Search: Improved handling of paths containing certain accented characters in Content Indexer. • Search: Fixed case where indexing extremely deeply nested folders would cause instability (OS X only). • Cloud search: No longer filtering everything when criteria (e.g. Category: Figure, Pose) are selected.

Material Room

• Simple Material palette: Enabled drag & drop of images/movies into image preview slots. • Advanced Material palette: Enabled drag & drop creation of image and movie nodes. • PhysicalSurface: Added scatter group support to SSS. • Texture Manager: Added 'Open in Explorer/Finder' option. • No longer reading or writing FireFly/SuperFly root selection when processing 'Selected nodes only' material files. • Fixed problems with node positioning when value other than 1 was configured in General Preferences > Interface > UI Scale.

Final Rendering

• SuperFly: Enabled rendering in separate process. • SuperFly: Enabled rendering in background (Pro Only). • SuperFly: Rendering in queue, separate process or background now obeys the number of render threads configured in General Preferences and Queue Manager preferences. • SuperFly: Setup progress/status bar is now more responsive. • SuperFly: Improved handling of Reflection_Light_Mult option. • SuperFly: Improved PhysicalSurface diffuse shading with normal maps. • SuperFly: Improved handling of tangent space normal maps. • SuperFly: Improvements to interpretation of Math > blender node. • Improved SuperFly versions of Poser procedural nodes, now behaving more like FireFly versions. Only improved noise is available, not traditional. • Improved stability when starting renders in rapid succession. • Enabled final rendering of measurements • SuperFly: Limitations on the number of textures are removed for Kepler and Maxwell-generation GPUs (Pro only). • SuperFly: Reduced memory consumption during GPU rendering (Pro only). • SuperFly: Reduced memory consumption when rendering on Maxwell-generation GPUs (Pro only). • SuperFly: Improved texture handling during GPU rendering on Kepler and Maxwell architectures (Pro only). • SuperFly: Improved host memory usage of GPU rendering, now works properly with textures of odd widths (Pro only). • SuperFly: Optimized launch parameters and memory headroom calculation of CUDA-based GPU acceleration (Pro only). • SuperFly: Enabled volumetric effects for GPU rendering (Pro only). Quality is limited compared to CPU rendering.

Figure Creation

• Parameters palette: Added parameter > Edit Morph... menu item that selects the morph target in the Morphing tool's Edit mode (renamed from Create mode). • Parameters palette: Added 'Convert to post-Transform Morph' on parameter context menu as complement to 'Convert to pre-Transform Morph' (Pro only). See Known Issues below for details on usage during pre-Transform morph editing. • Morphing tool: Changed morph editing workflow (Pro-only). Now disabling almost all functionality until morph target is selected or created. When user creates a morph explicitly, only the master body parameter is created initially. • Morphing tool: Added Rotate action to morph creation. • Morphing tool: Added 'Apply pre-Transform' option to Save a Copy As.... • Morphing tool: Now writing last edited morph per object to document. (Pro Only). • Morphing tool: Now preventing creation of morph targets on non-props or non-body parts (Pro only). • Morphing tool: No longer drawing vertex highlights in Morph Edit mode when no morph parameter is selected. • Morphing tool: Corrected value/dependency of morph parameter when painting props parented to a figure. • Morphing tool: Improved robustness and memory handling during editing. • Fixed a problem creating morphs on a parented prop. • Now displaying Grouping objects in Hierarchy selection dialogs to allow choosing figures that are parented to control props (e.g. during Figure > Copy Morphs From...). • Subdivision surfaces: Fixed a problem with subdivision involving geometry with degenerate polygons. • Subdivision surfaces: Fixed case where subdividing large polygons would cause UV distortion. • Subdivision surfaces: Disabled subdivision level GUI for non-unimesh figures. Non-unimesh figures will always be at level 0. • Setup Room: Fixed case where non-grouped polygons were not read after saving document with work in progress. • Vertex Weight Painting: Added single key shortcuts - add, subtract, smooth, weight and brush size now set by 1,2,3,4,5 (Pro only).

Simulation

• Fixed case where simulation results were lost after writing document via Save As... or Auto-save. • Fixed case where adding figure with multiple simulations to library would retain only one simulation. • Bullet Physics: Now saving simulation setup when adding compound figure to library. • Hair: Improved memory use when re-calculating existing Bullet simulation.

Animation

• Frame range changes are now fully undoable (including those that delete frames). • Graph palette: Selection Sync now enabled by default on first palette. • Graph palette: Changed accelerator behavior so that Ctrl/CMd+Shift+G behaves like a toggle (it removes all Graph palettes if there are any). Alt+Ctrl/Cmd+Shift+G will always create a new Graph. • Graph palette: Added 'Reset Graph Bounds' button and editable shortcut. • SuperFly: Enabled making movies as OpenEXR or Radiance image sequences.

Import/Export

• OBJ Import: Added support for disabling smooth shading via "s off". • OBJ Import: Corrected smoothing group handling. • OBJ Import: Improved handling of objects with texture coordinates/elements but no texture sets. • OBJ Export: Now preventing damage to textures when "Copy textures to destination folder" is enabled and destination matches source location. • GoZ: Ceased to re-use existing files in GoZ projects folder for new exports (Pro only).

PoserPython

• Now ensuring that temp directory exists upon add-on initialization. • Cycles nodes can now be accessed with poser.kNodeTypeCodeCycles[NodeName]. • Added actor.MagnetAffectedObjects() and actor.SetMagnetAffectedObjects(). • Added actor.ZoneVertexWeights() and actor.SetZoneVertexWeights(). • Updated collectSceneInventory.py script so that it includes altGeom files. • Print Info > ListFiles script now lists all textures used in shader nodes.

Queue Manager (Poser Pro Only)

• FireFly: Now writing Auxilliary render data again when rendering in queue (Pro Only). • SuperFly: Now correcting processing glossy and reflection nodes for rendering in queue (Pro Only).

PoserFusion (Poser Pro Only)

• Added support for 3ds Max 2017 (Pro Only).

Known Issues

• Figure Design: As of 11.0.0, BODY level Full Body value parms will be converted to TargetParms to be potential containers for subdivision-level morphs. • Morphing tool: When creating a new morph target that is intended to be used in pose (editing in non-zero pose), please delay conversion to pre-Transform until you are satisfied with the shape. • Morphing tool: If you are editing a pre-Transform morph target such as an existing JCM, please use the following process:

1. Choose 'Convert to post-Transform Morph' on the context menu of one of the parameters to be edited
  2. Use the Morphing tool to select and edit the morph target until you are satisfied with the shape
  3. Choose 'Convert to pre-Transform Morph' on the context menu of one of the edited parameters to finalize the morph target. • Morphing tool: Subdivision-level morphs cannot be applied pre-Transform. • PoserPython: PhysicalSurface NormalMap input is now of type kNodeInputCodeFLOAT instead of kNodeInputCodeVECTOR. • Queue Manager: Progress indication currently non-functional when rendering with SuperFly.

TRADEMARK & COPYRIGHT NOTICE Poser, Poser Pro, the Poser logo, and the Smith Micro Logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Smith Micro Software, Inc. Poser copyright © 1991-2016 All Rights Reserved. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 11 August 2016 at 7:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up sharing on FB

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

vitachick ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 5:48 AM

Installing now. Maybe now I will use it...

Win10  Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 5:56 AM

Thanks for the update.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 7:50 AM

Thanks and installed.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 9:15 AM

A belated thank you for the heads up!

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2016 at 2:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

New update and new mess, when using gens in Superfly I got artefacts!

It is M4 with Std Res texture.

Superfly.jpg

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 7:24 AM

Installed SR5 yesterday and on opening Poser 11 pro today found all sorts of things not working. Not sure if there's a clash with the OS but something's wrong. So I am restoring the computer from a time machine backup dated before I installed SR5; this will take about an hour. Will report back after system restoration. Problems include selection tool not working, some cr2 files showing as props and general mouse movement erratic.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2016 at 12:24 PM

Restored OS from Time Machine. Poser11 would not launch. Deleted Poser 11 and reinstalled from DVD. Poser11 launched but would not accept serial numbers saying they had been activated too many times! (Sounds like Adobe ...) Have contacted Smith Micro and now await help and restoration of P11. Was it the latest (SR5) that broke it? No-one else has reported problems with it so far. Found my copy of PP2014 so I at least have that, though I prefer Poser 11.

arrow1 ( ) posted Sun, 14 August 2016 at 12:02 AM

Be careful of this update as it mucked up all my Genesis 2 and 3 import DSON files that were working fine until I installed update! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

ypvs ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 6:27 AM

It's only a minor gripe- renders in the cache before the update are grey so no comparing with the current render

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 8:39 AM · edited Tue, 16 August 2016 at 8:43 AM

Have gone back to previous install (32600) and SM have sorted out the activation problem. Why did SM introduce these activation limits? How many of us are installing Poser on more than 3 machines (if that) ?

willdial ( ) posted Tue, 16 August 2016 at 7:52 PM

arrow1 posted at 5:52PM Tue, 16 August 2016 - #4279870

Be careful of this update as it mucked up all my Genesis 2 and 3 import DSON files that were working fine until I installed update! Cheers

How did it muck it up?

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 11:34 AM · edited Wed, 17 August 2016 at 11:36 AM

Humm ... search engine dont work well ... Stupid capital ...

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

bevans84 ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 2:08 PM

Win 10, I7, P11 Pro I'm quite pleased with the new update, really like the new morph brush updates (after I got used to them). More than pleased with Render in Background when using Cycles.

As far as Genesis or DSON, I can't say anything, don't use any of it.

inquire ( ) posted Wed, 17 August 2016 at 4:46 PM

I'm a Mac user, and it seems a Mac user has problems with the SR 5 update. Is it a poor update for Mac users, then? I'm still on 11.0.2 because of things like this.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 4:52 AM

inquire posted at 10:51AM Thu, 18 August 2016 - #4280244

I'm a Mac user, and it seems a Mac user has problems with the SR 5 update. Is it a poor update for Mac users, then? I'm still on 11.0.2 because of things like this.

I've gone back to the previous version; when I installed SR5 quite a few things weren't right. I'm waiting to see what other people post about SR5 before I try again.

inquire ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2016 at 2:23 PM

OK. Good to know.

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2016 at 10:36 PM · edited Wed, 24 August 2016 at 10:49 PM

Poser 11 Pro crashes on load for me since the update. No problem immediately before update. Windows 8.1.

Edit: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both with reusing my old preference files and with just backing them up. The problem persists. I see the opening screen only long enough to see it crash with the dreaded old message: "Poser Pro executable file has stopped working."

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Believable3D ( ) posted Wed, 24 August 2016 at 11:43 PM

Thankfully, I had saved my original download as well as copied over SR1. Unfortunately, I never copied over SR3 from the DLM, so my rollback is further behind than before I started. But at least Poser is working again. I guess I try again if they ever release an SR6. :

Really aggravating, because I was really looking forward to using Superfly in both Queue Manager and Render in Background. Some of the other improvements looked promising too.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Howy2012 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 3:19 AM

Since installing the latest update, any figure with subsurface scattering has a different "tint" for face/neck/head than for the rest of the body. Rendered, it looks like a bad movie makeup job... Anyone else experiencing this?

BTW - the recent update did fix about 80% of my external runtimes problem. Yea!

Believable3D ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 10:09 AM

Howy2012, that sounds like it has something to do with the introduction of scatter groups. I would try assigning different scatter groups to affected areas and see what happens.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 1:34 PM
Forum Moderator

Believable3D posted at 11:31AM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4281034

Thankfully, I had saved my original download as well as copied over SR1. Unfortunately, I never copied over SR3 from the DLM, so my rollback is further behind than before I started. But at least Poser is working again. I guess I try again if they ever release an SR6. :

Really aggravating, because I was really looking forward to using Superfly in both Queue Manager and Render in Background. Some of the other improvements looked promising too.

Could you file this crash with support.smithmicro.com I can't imagine why anything that was changed would cause a crash on launch. I'd really like for the devs to get a read on this. I want you to be able to use SuperFly in the background too,

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 1:51 PM
Forum Moderator

Jules53757 posted at 11:47AM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4279740

New update and new mess, when using gens in Superfly I got artefacts!

It is M4 with Std Res texture.

Could you send this to support. I see a small artifact, a shadow where the gen prop intersects the body. That's a know issue in cycles. But I'm not getting the weird geometric pattern. That said I HAVE seen that type of artifact but only in preview. Never in a production render. I need the devs to look at this.

support.smithmicro.com please.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 3:02 PM

Done!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 12:40 AM

Thanks, Nerd. I'm having trouble logging in to support. Requested a password reset, but haven't seen the promised followup email yet.

Howy2012 ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 6:18 AM

Believable3D posted at 6:18AM Sat, 27 August 2016 - #4281160

Howy2012, that sounds like it has something to do with the introduction of scatter groups. I would try assigning different scatter groups to affected areas and see what happens.

Thanks!

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 4:35 PM · edited Sat, 27 August 2016 at 4:35 PM

nerd posted at 4:35PM Sat, 27 August 2016 - #4281202

Could you file this crash with support.smithmicro.com I can't imagine why anything that was changed would cause a crash on launch. I'd really like for the devs to get a read on this. I want you to be able to use SuperFly in the background too,

Nerd, I'm not getting any sort of reset password option. (To be precise, the system is not sending me the emails with the reset instructions.) Are there problematic sideeffects if I open another support account? (I.e. is that going to lose my account history etc, or is support completely separate from that?)

Believable3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 9:03 PM

Well, the story gets weirder. When I upgraded from SR1 to SR4 this time around, I got the same issue (immediate crashing). So had to roll back again to SR1. I've even tried disabling my Avira A/V and Firewall, but doesn't help.

DocMatter ( ) posted Sat, 03 September 2016 at 5:47 PM

Hmmm... I was just about to buy Poser 11 Pro, but after hearing about all the problems with the new update, maybe I'll hold off.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2016 at 10:59 AM

Rarely, if ever, did I have an issue with Poser crashing, all versions from Poser 4 to Poser 11. Then SR5 came along. Every other click on the parameter dials, saving or using the graph caused a freeze or crash. Ended up deleting and reinstalling Poser 11, then updating to SR4. Seems to be stable again so far.

Dump SR5.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2016 at 1:48 AM

I had crash problems with SR5 as well, but they've gone away after installing an actual NVIDIA driver.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Believable3D ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2016 at 11:27 PM

I've always only used actual nVidia drivers, but your comment prompted me to make sure I was updated to the latest version to see if that would make a difference. No luck, upon install and startup of SR5, Poser Pro 11 immediately crashed. Once again I've rolled back to 11.0.1.31230, and everything seems fine once more.

Granted, I'm running a relatively low level graphics card (GeForce 550Ti), but I don't think I should be having these problems.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.