Tue, May 21, 5:06 AM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 21 2:51 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

KageRyu ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 12:28 PM

I really dislike the changes to the wishlist. It is ugly, dark, hard to read, and much harder to sort and view at a glance.  The one feature that could have been a saving grace (to set the number of items per page so I do not have to scroll through multiple pages) still does not exist.  Also, I dislike these radical visual changes every few months.  It's painful to have to keep readjusting to new layouts, and running into features that just bog down my browser on slower connections.  I can no longer view the site at all from the coffee shops wifi (no images load, pages time out, because it's too bandwidth intensive).  Pick a style and keep it for a while please.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 1:08 PM

I hate it and now I accidently hit something on my keyboard that is making all the letters in Italic. I hate the way you have to click on each promo sperately to see it and then close it and open the next one. A real pain. I like the arrows that took you right to the next promo. I also hate that my shopping cart is not totaled until I buy it so I can't see how much money I am spending. Cheers, Sherrie

wiz ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 1:25 PM

Tried it on Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.

Windows 7, OS-X 10.9, iOS 7.

30 inch, 24 inch, 13 inch, and iPad.

The improved site is a disaster on all browers, systems, and monitors.

As so many others have pointed out, no matter what the monitor size, this site only seems to work well full screen. YOU ARE NOT WORTH MY FULL SCREEN! OK, moving past your fatal hubris.

When you try to move an item in your cart to the wishlist, the entire bright and garish window imediately goes to black, except for a small spinner (the spinner is miscentered and wobbles as it spins, too). It comes back as bright and garish four seconds later.

Full screen on a 30 inch monitor 24 inches away from the user, the effect is rather like the lights going out, and then, after a few seconds worrying in the dark, something explodes. It's so intensely jaring that it's almost painful. First time it did it, I wanted to duck under the desk.

(I'm not exagerating about it being like the lights going out. A modern 30 inch monitor has as much light output as an overhead light fixture. 10s of watts. You don't flash that at the user unnecessarily).

Proper human factors would have been for the spinner to appear on the existing screen, then disappear, since nothing on the screen really changes, except that the "wishlist" button you just clicked goes away.

There's no need to blast the user into the middle of next week with explosions just to make a button go away.

Of course, decent code wouldn't have needed 4 seconds to move an item from one short list to another, so even the spinner is unnecessary, but that's another issue.

The wishlist has a conventient feature where you can check a bunch of items, click "add to cart", and viola, you've got a bunch of items moved from wishlist to cart. The cart has nothing like this to move items back to the wishlist (you should be managing those two similar lists from the same code. Shame on you).

In fact, either the code is severely buggy, or your idea of a proper workflow is broken, because the individual "wishlist" buttons on shopping cart items add the item to the wishlist without removing it from the cart. You have to go throug a second "delete" operation, with a second set of "plunge into darkness then explode" delays.

Seriously, why would someone add a cart item to their wishlist and want that item to remain in their cart? Do you think they're going to buy a bunch of them?

How about this. You click the wishlist button, the item is pretty much instantly moved from cart to wishlist, and a gentle animation, taking under 1 second, closes up the gap in the cart list.

helgas ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:17 PM

Quote - I hate it and now I accidently hit something on my keyboard that is making all the letters in Italic. I hate the way you have to click on each promo sperately to see it and then close it and open the next one. A real pain. I like the arrows that took you right to the next promo. I also hate that my shopping cart is not totaled until I buy it so I can't see how much money I am spending. Cheers, Sherrie

Hi Sherrie,

You can still go from one promo to the next. On the first huge promo go to the middle of it and hover over the right edge. A thingy will show - nor really an arrow - that you can click to move to the next promo. Really brilliant once you can locate it. Took me a while to find it.

Same with the shopping cart. I also looked for a total. Since everything is so huge I didn't see that it moved to the top of the page. Scroll up and you will find it. We have to learn to think big not just see big.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 2:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

It really does suck, sorry to say.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 3:04 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 3:08 PM

I am more than certain that the sales dropped after the last updates and will continue to do so. At this point I don't think renderosity can do anything about it apart from going back to the drawing board.

I think something like a quick tips or a breakdown of how the new site works would have been a good idea, rather than just leaving everyone to find there way around pretty much in the dark.

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 5:20 PM

Quote - I am more than certain that the sales dropped after the last updates and will continue to do so. At this point I don't think renderosity can do anything about it apart from going back to the drawing board.

I think something like a quick tips or a breakdown of how the new site works would have been a good idea, rather than just leaving everyone to find there way around pretty much in the dark.

Here is a link to the Front Page article that went out Monday as well as a broadcast to our members.

http://www.renderosity.com/marketplace-improvements-cms-17146

Please feel free to sitemail or email me at anytime and I will do my best to assist you in resolving any issue you have with the site changes.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 6:06 PM

The front page only gives a very basic explanation of the changes.

My biggest problem is that the site search still kind of sucks. You can type in something like V4 Anime Hair and you will only get if lucky five or so related items and a much larger number of unrelated items.

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 6:34 PM

Quote - The front page only gives a very basic explanation of the changes.

My biggest problem is that the site search still kind of sucks. You can type in something like V4 Anime Hair and you will only get if lucky five or so related items and a much larger number of unrelated items.

If you type in "hair" then you use the left side to drill down to your particular item.

So this is what I just did.  I type hair, then Victoria 4, then select Anime and you get 8 results.  Is this what you are seeing? Now remember we are still moving products in the correct departments and working with our vendors so that these things are properly placed.  I understand it is different but we hope that the end result will be more effective once it is fully completed.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 6:38 PM

The end result will be the same as it always is. The customers are going to have to adapt to a system they don't like or just not buy from the store anymore, or at least untill the next update.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 8:45 PM

Quote - The end result will be the same as it always is. The customers are going to have to adapt to a system they don't like or just not buy from the store anymore, or at least untill the next update.

Sadly, you are exactly correct.

They simply blame it on an aversion to "change" rather than listening to the feedback they're getting.

But, here's the bottom line - you make it too hard to find what the customer is looking for and they'll go where less effort is required.

Now for my bottom line - if I can't tell who/what a product is for FROM THE WHAT'S NEW PAGE, I'm not wasting any of my time trying to find out.

As it is, I never go past What's New anyway, so making that painful only means less sales.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:36 PM · edited Thu, 26 June 2014 at 10:50 PM

Yes I agree, I have stated it before. The only items I have purchased recently have been the ones that have been 60 percent off, and today was the last day of the sale. I don't see my self spending anymore money  anytime soon. The worst thing is the real people getting hurt by this are the vendors. Which is why you see more and more vendors either having multiple store fronts or making exclusivity deals with other sites. Other sites who are more willing to admit when thay have made a mistake and are also more willing to work with the vendors and comsumer base because they know we are where their income comes from. What I would presonaly like to know is, When will companies follow one of the oldest guides to good business. If its not broken, don't fix it. Look at Microsoft. Everyone I know that needs a computer to actually work hates windows 8. Why, because its broken. They tried to implument some very stupid things and now no one wants the Xbox One. People hate the Kinect and now they had to release a Kinectless Xbox one for the same price as the PS4 and guess what is happening. No one is buying it. Another very important thing companies need to learn is, You are never too big to fail.

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 12:00 AM

Well, I know this has been mentioned before, but I'm finding it really difficult to navigate the store.

I liked being able to select..the software I use, the figure I use, and the item I wanted, clothing, hair, poses ect. Is there a tut or an explaination somewhere showing how to use the new market place?

3006 ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 7:02 AM

I try to rummage into the new shop .... but sorry, that makes no fun.

Now it´s a Horrorshop.

I don´t like the new design.

GeofiX ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 9:43 AM

Please change the green price text color, I need to see the price Clearly

But green on grey?

You could change it to the orange used in "Content Advisory(ies)" or anything with an equal contrast

The rest of the site looks OK so far. Hope you have few problems with it

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 10:51 AM · edited Fri, 27 June 2014 at 11:02 AM

I actually don't mind the green on grey but the shade green could be brighter. I usually use this shade of green. What I would like to see changed is the default font color when I am trying to write a review. I can't read what I am typing at all. That should be changed to black.

http://www.colorcombos.com/00FF00-hex-color

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 1:15 PM · edited Fri, 27 June 2014 at 1:17 PM

I've been sick and have lost my kitty, so I had not seen the changes til today. All I can say is each time this site changes I feel like I'm losing a friend. Seems like it is harder to keep up each time. sigh :(

FFD

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 10:59 PM

As others have said, the Thumbnails are way too big.  They are huge, and some big thumbnails and some smaller looks very awkward and displeasing to the viewer.  There should be uniformity in size and the thumbnails should be smaller, maybe half what they are.  

Also on the product pages, the products promos are far too big.  One has to do a lot of scrolling in this layout to see everything, and if I can't even see the promo picture of the item I am browsing without scrolling to see the whole thing, then scrolling more to see the price, the content, etc, etc, then I am going to lose interest and probably not buy that item.

I don't like the fact there is no frame around the product and decription below that separates it from the body of the page.

Please change the layout to something more usable and friendly and less ugly.

On the plus side, I do like the purchased icon.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 9:15 AM

The pictures and text are way too big. I have a 27 " screen monitor and it is overwhelmingly huge~!

Nosiferret ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 1:29 PM

Love the new page design. My only issue so far with the new layout is...

1. Is it possible to have 1 thumbnail size for the shop gallery? I like the larger thumbnail images. 

2. When looking at the different images for a product, I miss the auto close when I've reached the end of the images.

3006 ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 3:00 AM

3D Models 3D Figure Essentials

What a sense free information. I have to know, for what figur this item is .

Renpatsu ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 8:21 AM · edited Sun, 29 June 2014 at 8:23 AM

After playing with it a couple days I can safely say the only way I can deal with this is to "favorite" vendors and not browse the site. Based on the emails I may buy or buy not then, so vendors I don't got on my favorite list likely won't get any sales at all from my end. In the past I browsed quite a lot through the site, as one was able to get a quick overview, but that is not the case any more. Overall this "revamp" remains a quite amateur-ish attempt in my view.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 8:51 AM

Is the feedback being taken seriously at all?

Things like font colors should be easy to fix. As it is now it is almost impossible to read (prices, discounts) and makes shopping a real turn off.

You could at least offer an alternative color and font scheme

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 9:04 AM

You guys should take a good, hard look at RDNA's site (when it comes up again), I managed to get a quick look at their new site before it went down again, and it looks AWESOME! It has obviously been designed by professionals, not just slapped togethter by amateurs, which is the impression I get of Renderosity now..  sigh

Shame, I've been spending 100-200 $ a month on Rendo lately, but I guess I'll give that money to RDNA and HiveWire now..

Cimaira ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 10:15 AM

OK, I've browsed a couple of days. 

I managed to figure out how to "drill down" to find some of the things I want. However, I still have a few items that really bother me.

1. Lots of real estate under those huge thumbs in the marketplace, so how about some info ..

WHAT IS IT? -not just 3D Model Essentials, that tells me nothing.

WHAT IS IT FOR?-- Poser, DAZ, Vue, Bryce? I really don't want to have to click to a page, only to find out it is for a software I don't use.

I too liked the auto close on the product previews.

And this may just be me, and a dumb question, but once I've drilled down, and can finally choose Poser as my software of choice I get too many choices.

Do I choose Poser 9, and hope that all the past posers items are covered or do I have to click each version of poser to see all the items in that catagory? 

told ya it was a dumb question, lol

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the new marketplace layout at all, but I can live with it if some of these changes can be made.

I do like the darker colors, but reading the red & green prices and discounts is difficult. 

Oh well, just my two cents :}

helgas ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 1:24 PM

Thank you for the improvements to the Wishlist. It is almost perfect.

Two improvements would still be desireable:

1. Changing the color of the Price to something we can read and

2. Bringing back the little Banners on the thumbnails for Prime and Prime Classics.

I am missing out especially on the Prime Classics. The red is very hard to read and the eyes have to move constantly from thumbnail to text. Back and forth until the eyeballs give up.

The little Banners were perfect and nothing got missed.

Please, can you consider these small changse and make the Wishlist 100% again?

As I am typing I realize how much I am missing the spellchecker.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 1:26 PM · edited Sun, 29 June 2014 at 1:34 PM

The Renderosity marketplace is garbage. It's been bad for a while but now it's pathetic. What is worse is the people managing the store are not any better. For those wondering if the site feedback is being taken seriously, it's not.  I have been a member of Renderosity for a long time and I can tell you that they do not care what the people think, because the site will continue to make money. That is all they care about. The site feedback is pointless. It has never changed anything in the past and it's not going to.  It's here for people to vent their frustrations and that's it. They say give the people working on the site and the artist time to adjust and finish fixing what needs to be fixed. Give them a few months and it will suck. Like I said before the end result will be the same. The customers are going to adapt to a system they don't like or move on to another market place. I personally wish I could purchase what I need directly from the artist and vendors and cut the middleman completely out. The site is ugly and hard to navigate. Those massive icons, I have a 19 inch wide screen LED monitor at work and a 28 inch LCD at home and those icons hurt my eyes on both.  Apart from here where its black on white, the text is hard read and again hurts my eyes. Get use it people because this is things will be for the forseeable futuer.

Fenier ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 2:44 PM

So a lot of people here really seem to dislike the opening of new tabs.

So I wrote a Chrome extension that fixes it.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search-extensions/Renderosity%20Site%20Fixer

Only available for Chrome, this will, when on renderosity.com, allow you to click a thumbnail and proceed directly to the Product Page, without the Page opening in a new tab.

Hope those of you who dislike the current setup, find this helpful.

If there are other common requests which can be handled with JavaScript, let me know and I can see if I can add them to a future release.

If you find bugs with the above, please send me a PM and I will address.

-Fenier

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 3:34 PM

How do you search for say..Characters for M4? All that is available in search is 3d Models>Character..then you have to sort thru every 3d model there is..

Searching is very difficult now...

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:02 PM

Just type in M4 Characters

When ever you want something type in the Figure and what you want.

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:04 PM

Thank you! I didnt know this..so I guess we dont have to use the filters anymore..just type in what you are looking for. Thanks so much! :)

LithiumDreamsStudios ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 5:18 PM

Digitell: Actually, if you type in M4 characters, you will be disappointed with a mere 63 items. Half of which aren't even character packs. If you want to filter out characters, type M4 in the search box, then scroll down. On the left hand side is a navigation pane that will help you filter out what items pertaining to M4 you are searching for.

Sadly, even this leaves out a significant number of the items available in the marketplace. I have to join my fellow concerned shoppers in regards to the "New and improved" marketplace. Some of the features are great. The wishlist improvements, for example, have thusfar made a significant impact for me when shopping. Unfortunately, a majority of the other so-called improvements have actually been a hinderance to shopping here.

The navigation pane should not only be available after a search. This should be a line item filter system available at any time on any Marketplace page. The search is still limited in functionality because if a product's title doesn't have the search term in it, it will not return in your results. This is a horrible disadvantage to the Renderosity store that has been a long time complaint. I find it difficult to understand why there is so much aversion to changing the way the engine calls and returns search terms.

I really wish someone with some clout would be reading and paying attention here, because having my go-to search engine for Renderosity be Google or similar, off-site engines... is sad, frustrating and borderline unacceptable.

(Also, a tip for those of you browsing via Firefox, if you find the content of a particular site to be too large or too small, holding down your Ctrl button while scrolling up or down with your mouse's scroll wheel can artificially force a zoom in and zoom out. You may find you have to reverse it when returning to other sites as they will be too large or small based on how much you resized things. I'm uncertain if this works the same in other browsers, but it should. You can use it to resize icons in folders and on your desktop as well.)

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 5:28 PM

Hi LthiumDreamsStudios,

Thank you! I didnt even note the left side links..this is a help. I have been having such a hard time finding anything since the revamp of the marketplace. It is frustrating I agree!  I too hope someone with some clout pays attention..it really needs some attention! Thanks for your help!

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 11:56 PM

I don't have time to read through all the posts... but

IE 11 with win7

1. THANK YOU for fixing the hot link in the drop down under Members to GO to our wish lists and cart!!! 

2. the COLORS of the  prices and other words under the product images are still TOO DARK... maybe no one will ever change them, but if you just LIGHTEN the red and green, it will pop out/off the dark gray better so we can see it!!

3. It was NICE to have the TOTAL I had spent for the month listed on the RENDER REWARDS NOTICE, - Even when I had passed the $100 mark...this keeps me informed about how many of my Prime items I can get 'for free' the following month (this is the way I use my rewards, primairly)

4. I am NOW confused about how to SEARCH a particular vendor's store...I could have sworn that Fabiana did a character/skin texture for Dawn... but I can't get the search to show it in the "search this store" at the top of her store page. Either my memory is faulty or the search engine is not working. I put in "Dawn" and got her hair fits but not much else...

AND the MAIN SEARCH engine seems to have been limited again. I put in Dawn Hands in trying to find LunchLady's hand poses... but the search would NOT work until I put in "Dawn Hand Poses"... I wish we did not have to be so specific? (that was the way the search engine USED to function!) Dawn and Hand should have done it? 

I have no idea if some of this is a bug or not...so how do I know where to put it? SPELL CHECK worked in my posts BEFORE- it does NOT work now!!!!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Vaskania ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:03 AM

Quote - So a lot of people here really seem to dislike the opening of new tabs.

So I wrote a Chrome extension that fixes it.

There's already one that exists called Death to Blank. It strips links that contain _blank forcing the new tab/window, except it works on all sites and not just Rendo.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:16 AM

I really don't like the new search to find what you want 'feature' at all. ;(

The old way was much much easier to find what you wanted and allowed you to browse categories potentially buying things you didn't even know you wanted. 

Now you search, 1/3rd of the items you want to see actually show up (if you're lucky!) and then you get to sort that 1/3rd into even less results. I don't know, I can't fathom how this is better than before.

The more I use it, the more I hate it. 

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:51 PM

Quote: "Also, bring back the memory size list that used to be beside the name of the product zip on the download page."

Yes! The memory size up front was very helpful!!

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:56 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 12:57 PM

Can we please shrink the product titles and

other super large text to a more normal size?

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:06 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:15 PM

I posted my difficulties with the unruly thumbnail size images and vendor oversize images in the bug thread because it was so bad I didn't think it could be actually intended. The font color choices are pretty bad, too. I agree with the posters here.

The best way to describe the current layout is if you went to a movie theatre and had to manipulate someone's smartphone blown up to screen size with a mouse from the front row.

I'm starting to feel bad for Renderosity, which has become one of my favorite sites. At the same time it's kind funny watching a train crash, though, if I'm only an observer. I recognize that you have to move forward or die and smart phone purchases are another potential venue not to be missed. Apparently this may become a lesson how not to implement such a platform. Or maybe Desktop is really dead and my contributions are meaningless.

Under this format I probably won't be doing much shopping here (too painful), though I'll consider taking a chance and re-upping PRIME if there's a big enough sale in July.

PS I have faith if it is really bad Rendo will recognize and fix it. I feel they're listeners.

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:10 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:22 PM

SABBY, YOU MAKE ME LAUGH!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I NEEDED THAT!

JUST FOR THAT I'M GOING  TO GO TO PRIME AND BUY ONE OF YOUR CHARACTERS!

PS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE EVERBODY WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE NEW THUMBNAIL SIZES TO TYPE THEIR ISSUES IN THE MAXIMUM FONT SIZE.

(Oh, to be a catalyst and a troublemaker. Sorry Stacy, Tina, for being a Stinker, but I couldn't resist adding some humor to this!).

Mithoron ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:36 PM

Images overall are way too large.  I bounce around to different desktops from 29" to 15" monitors, from desktops to laptops to tablets, and in ALL of them the images are just too humongous to be navigatable.

Preview images of items are extremely large, and even on at 1900x1080 resolution you have to scroll up and down to see the entire image.  What ever happened to lightboxing the images so they self-size based upon your system settings?

It is like somebody's first attempt at web design and did not know any of the tricks about self-sizing images, setting multiple display options to show more than 2-3 images per row in the Marketplace, and even sizing down the fonts and using "web-safe" colors.  Back in the day sites were designed around 640 pixels, then 800 became the standard.  Nowadays you can make a website designed around 1024 or 1280 and be fairly safe, but it looks like whomever designed this site had at least double that resolution or was working off dual monitors.  "Know your audience" should be the first rule of the design...and in this case the site if failing.

If the intent is to drive away vendors and shoppers because they cannot find anything easily, congratulations, you have succeeded, but if you really intend for the site to be functional, realize some changes are not good, and there were good points to the old design.  I'm not saying it was perfect, but it was at least functional compared to the current design.

Overall, three main things can make the site much more user-friendly:

1. Automatic sizing of preview images to suit different monitor resolutions

2. Ability to decide how many images per row you want to see

3. Go back to the old "breadcrumb"/filter/search engine

These three simple changes would eliminate the vast majority of complaints with the users. 

And don't get me started on the forum font and space sizes!

DavidGB ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 2:47 PM

Since the website change I seem to be being bombarded by emails from Renderosity about this or that far, far more frequently than before.

This is a waste of time - Renderosity's and mine.

I've just been comparing store displays. On my laptop, browser window sized as normal for me (full depth, near but not quite full width), I get:

DAZ3D: two rows, three items per row = 6 products

Renderotica: two rows, three items per row = 6 products

Hievwire3D: two rows, three items per row = 6 products

ShareCG (OK, not a store, but ...): 3 rows, three items per row = 9 items

Xurge3D: 3 rows, three items per row = 9 products.

But now:

Renderosity: 1 row, 2 items per row = 2 products.

Two. TWO.  Two items per screen, and even that only after having to scroll down two screenfuls of sponsored items first.

Like another poster earlier in this thread, my health is such that I suffer pain using a computer, browsing .... SCROLLING. And the more scrolling I have to do, both the stronger the pain and the longer it endures. But now the Renderosity store and freestuff (the only bits of the site I normally use) require THREE TIMES as much scrolling as many other stores, even more than others.

Too much scrolling. WAY too much scrolling. Renderosity may as well not bother emailing me. I am buying nothing further here until and unless there is at least a display option that lets me see at least 6 items at a time in my browser window in the store.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:28 PM

Another thing that I am having loads of trouble with is none of the Readme files are working.

Sabby ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 4:34 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 4:35 PM

3dstories your post before mine made me laugh which is why I did it.

Tho honestly when I am on the site, I feel like I'm looking at a calendar my grandma has, with the super big letters/numbers.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 8:54 AM

Like most folks, these changes are not improvements.  I suspect that the people that ok'ed the changes don't actually USE the store.

Quick question - Did you realize that you broke the customer's ability to check to see if any of their products were updated?

Example:  I check once a month to see if any products are updated.  Under the old system, I click on update, I would get every product that was updated - in order latest to newest.  With the reset, I now only get the updates PER PAGE!  I can only check 50 items at a time - why is that a problem? I own 2,335 items - which means I would have to scroll through 467 pages to see if I had any products updated.

With a store - functionality should be king, not eye candy.  This isn't rocket science.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 8:59 AM

Don't forget the they also broke the readme's. 

Mithoron ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 9:11 AM

Quote - Don't forget the they also broke the readme's. 

The readme issue is pretty sporadic.  I've fund most of them if I click them a few more times, eventually a readable one appears...all the others are just XML text.  I have a feeling that one is more database-related and may not need any coding, just time for all the readmes to cache properly.  But yes, it is yet another annoying "feature" to the new changes  :/

BerdacheBear ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 12:12 PM

Anybody else notice the sliding images above the check-out/shopping cart box? If you want to click on either of the end images, all you can do is "shift" the images. Have to go up to Search and type in the name of the image you want. Is that normal?

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 4:54 PM

Please, PLEASE, Please CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE GREEN AND RED TEXT!!!

***IF YOU DO NOTHING ELSE... PLEASE!??!?!

***IS ANYONE LISTENING??????

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

esper8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 6:11 PM

Roll back the marketplace to it's previous useable state, admit that the job has been bungled.

Read, digest and act upon the points raised in Feniers' excellent post (page two of this thread.)

Follow the Golden Rule: Do not, under any circumstances, upset your customers!  And quite frankly, these "Improvements" have upset quite a few

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.