Sun, May 26, 7:10 PM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 8:20 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: My freebies

zippy ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 6:57 AM · edited Mon, 25 March 2024 at 3:19 AM

I am sorry some of my freebies were previously for sale, but are now free, this is due to circumstances entirely beyond my control. Blame our stupid UK government for it's crazy and spitefull attitude towards us disabled folk. Frankly I don't really give a toss that they wouldn't let me contribute ALL MY POSER SALES towards my sick pay, but whatever happens I'm damned if I'm going to let my stuff go to waste, so it's now free. I may not be able to work in a proper job, but I feel I'm at least helping other folk in render art to sell their stuff.

adelightfuldeb ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 7:06 AM

I totally feel where you are coming from. I have the same problem, can't sell anything or its considered "work" and I will lose my disabilty.  Stupid Governments don't know the difference between hobby & work! 

Allstereo ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 7:08 AM

Hello,

Please, give a link

zippy ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 9:13 AM

adel, selling anything must be notified to the government, that is only right and fair. My problem was they gave me permission to sell my stuff, then suddenly changed their mind. I have a letter from them to prove I had permission. I would never ever do anything dishonest. The DWP's problem is they aren't up to date yet with e-commerce, they just don't understand it. And by the way, my MP knows all about my 'hobby' so I'm certainly not up to anything dodgy! My 'hobby' is officially approved of as 'therapeutic work', but now only if it's free.

Allstereo

If you want my feebie website, it is -

http://www.zippys3dmodels.co.uk

Other than that I have some freebies here in the Renderosity section, search for 'zippy'.

TheHalfdragon ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 11:39 AM

UNholy crapp zippy that blows that you can't keep your sales goin to help you with things not covered in your medical if you're on disability (the states does the same thing apparently) but thank you ver very much for making them still available.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 11:43 AM

Hey zippy, why not add this little blurb about govt. idiocy as a part of the readme in your fils and solicict donations based on that fact. I feel certain a fair number of your customer base wouldn't be adverse to a donation-ware situation. It's a fairly common practice across the web.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Indoda ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 11:52 AM

Sorry to hear that you are not able to make a little money out of your hobby. Thank you for making your models free rather than throwing them away. 

I like what bobbystahr says above - add a little appeal to your readme

Take care

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

zippy ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 12:22 PM

bobby, I wouldn't dream of asking anyone for donations, this stuff should always remain free if I've posted it as free. I've often suggested to people on my web site that they can, if they wish, give something to charity, and that's the way I'd rather do it. I'm happy to pay my way in the Poser stores, same as anyone else.

It isn't just our government being difficult...they'd have to trust people like me to be honest, and then 'other people' take advantage of that, rip the government off, and then it's the honest people who suffer.

Tell you what though, what would be nice would be if more people posted 'thank you's' when they download freebies...they can't all not speak English. Getting thank yous always encourages me to do more. My website downloads ammount to several gigabytes every week, with only a handfull of thanks. What puzzles me is that I rarely see any of my stuff listed in the galleries, so where the heck it all goes to is just a total mystery!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine it must be hoovered up by aliens from other planets!

zippy ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 12:23 PM

Thank you all for your kind comments:)

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 1:04 PM

First, it's very nice that you are generously giving them away, and second, it's extra nice that you explained so people who bought them previously will understand why.

I'm sorry that this has happened, but also appreciative!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

zippy ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 1:28 PM

Thank you Alisa for understanding I didn't want to offend people who'd paid for my stuff.

I'm sorry I'm complaining, I must sound very selfish, but none of you know that I'm still a bit raw and upset because my Mum died very recently. I've lost the person who always gave me the most encouragement and reason for being alive. Having intensively cared for her for many years I now feel a bit lost now I'm on my own and not sure what to do now I've got no one to look after. That's why I'm trying to do some more models.

Lot's of you have been very kind today and given me many thanks for my latest freebies...that does make me feel better. Thank you:)

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 1:59 PM

{{HUGS}}

No need for apologies.  You're going through a really rough time - been there with loss like that and still am with caring for elderly relatives.

If creating models helps you, that's great - and your lovely models help others and bring them joy, too!!

My heart is with you. Hang in there!!

Cheers,
Alisa

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 30 April 2011 at 11:41 PM · edited Sat, 30 April 2011 at 11:43 PM

Quote - , so where the heck it all goes to is just a total mystery!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine it must be hoovered up by aliens from other planets!

Y got me there...I posted 2 packs of 3D radio models[9 in total] some years back when I had more modeling time and although both have been dl'd over 1000 times last check, never a thanks or a spotting in a render...hovered up by aliens is good by me....LOL.. ...nice work by the way....y may see some of your stuff in my TG2 renders once I convert them to .tgo....I'll let ya know.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

trumarcar ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 2:24 AM

So sorry to hear of your troubles, Zippy - it is a very difficult time for you.

You are the last person who needs to apologise for anything, but thank you for telling us a little of why you are doing this. Your models are wonderful and bring so much pleasure to others.

I always wonder what happens to freebies, but have come to the conclusion (and hope) that people are so busy using them that they don't have time to comment!!

All the very best to you. Hugs.

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 7:24 PM

Bummer!  But thanks for explaining, and turning your loss into our gain.  Always loved your charming works!

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 11:38 PM

Very nice stuff! Thanks much! Sorry to hear of your troubles - quite familiar with that kind of thing through some family members. Best to you!

zippy ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 1:34 AM

I feel so embarrassed now, sounding like I'm whinging. Sorry, it's just my anxiety playing up again. Just wanted to make it clear I wasn't trying to earn money for myself, but to give every single penny back to the government to help with my sickness benefits. Apart from that I really enjoy making things that people can use, as do all the other folk who contribute so much to render art. I'm just a very small part in what goes on here.

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2011 at 10:15 AM

Really, I don't think you sounded like you're whining.  You sound like you're just dealing with some challenging life issues, but doing your best to make the best of them and do some thing you enjoy that brings happiness to others. Many people can relate to some of what you're dealing with, and also appreciate your contributions :)

Cheers,
Alisa

zippy ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 9:11 PM

Zippy is working on, and will be releasing a new freebie castle model sometime soon...and that's all due to your encouragement.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2011 at 11:13 PM

:-)

Cheers,
Alisa

zippy ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 9:52 AM

My new castle is now up in the Renderosity freebies.

Alisa ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 4:58 PM

Beautiful - thanks so much!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2011 at 6:10 PM

Thank you.

SteveJax ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2011 at 12:44 AM

Thanks for your generosity.

3Dave ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2011 at 10:55 AM

Many thanks and best wishes

cschell ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:26 PM · edited Sat, 04 June 2011 at 4:29 PM

good luck sir and ty... i've used your plants a couple of times... they work very nicely... and as for that gov't stuff... no worries... didn't sound whiny... i think you just voiced rather apropriately a beef just about everyone has or has had when dealing with the "suits" that seem to want to make decisions that affect lives without first considering the lives they affect...

personally i think that it should be a law that if you work in the social services you should first be required to live atleast a year on what you expect others to live from before you can start making decisions that affect the lives of the recipients... but that's just me...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.