Fri, May 31, 6:34 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: Vue9 System & Upgrade?

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 12:37 PM · edited Mon, 23 October 2023 at 4:17 PM

I probably sound like a complete idiot even asking the following questions, but pride be damned.

I've been using Vue since Vue5, am currently running V8.5 Infinite and am preparing to download Vue9Infinite. When I run V8.5I, it's slow. Takes a lot of times for things to load and catch up, even with relatively small (92mm poly) files and with a relatively light texture load.

My current system config:

CoreDuo Quad 2.5 GHz, Intel Q8300 Vista 64 bit, 8gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 220 card w/ 1 gb ram

Questions:

1. Do I need to upgrade any component in my system to help speed/performance?
  2. Is there some system maintenance I should be doing that would help speed/performance?

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 1:03 PM

No to both your questions, 8.5 sucks big time especially if you use Poser imports. Slow isn't the word for it, crawling through molasses is more like it...
I went back to using 8 Infinite a long time ago because it imports Poser content without all the slowness of 8.5.
I too am currently downloading version 9 and am hoping that the issue with 8.5 has been fixed, I've heard it has, otherwise I will continue to use Version 8...

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 1:42 PM

Thanks, Fixer. Good to know.
I know I've taken to "downstepping" to Vue7.5 to build the scenes, then reopening them in 8.5 to render (as the rendering is improved, though slower).

Glad I didn't jump into another 8 of RAM and a new video card.

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 4:12 PM

Just ran it and imported one Poser figure on it's own with dynamic cloth...Not impressed, too much longer to show in the World than 8 does.
Looks like I'll be sticking with 8 for now..

The GUI is a lot different too, I'll need to re-learn it I think... LOL!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

MNArtist ( ) posted Sun, 17 October 2010 at 4:19 PM

Quote - Just ran it and imported one Poser figure on it's own with dynamic cloth...Not impressed, too much longer to show in the World than 8 does.
Looks like I'll be sticking with 8 for now..

The GUI is a lot different too, I'll need to re-learn it I think... LOL!

Interesting. I'm just loading my first figure in - very simple (2 of Dinraul's dinosaurs) - and with this, it's MUCH improved over what I was experiencing in 8.5 Time will tell, however. This is pretty simple.

Agree about the interface. A few quirky things like the atmo editor/load being one button now.

Another thing that was goofy in 8.5 was the size of the poser imports. It looks like that's been fixed.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 5:51 AM

I just loaded 3 fully dressed figures and kept their poser textures in vue 9 64 bit mac version and it loaded very quickly, and conform to scale kept accurate in the vue import too.
the only problem I am having with vue 9 so far is occasional crashes and moving the camera sometimes jumps out of control or doesn't move at all and I have to manually move the camera using the arrows inside the vue picture window instead of using the camera controls.
Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 18 October 2010 at 1:28 PM

There are 3 different Poser SKU's or whatever they're called listed in the Vue setup, so maybe I'll try a different one to see if that improves the import time..

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.