Sun, May 19, 12:13 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 2:41 am)

Subject: Woot! My site's mentioned in 3DArtist #18 :)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 8:02 AM · edited Sun, 19 May 2024 at 6:44 AM

page 40, Vue section, on support/tutorials it mentions my site, and www.3dValley.com as well as www.incrediblylush.com
woot! does a little dance :)
just the site links but hey, nice to be noticed

nice to see Linda "Frenchkiss" getting some recognition for all her work :) (her plants rock! well, they are plants, not rocks, but you know what I mean :p)

3dvalley alas I'm not familiar with, sorry.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 12:52 PM

Well done my friend, much deserved..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 3:08 PM

Cheers bro! :)
well if I go senile least I can read me own tuts to remember WTH to do, lol! ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

tsquare ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 4:49 PM

Congrats!  I have your site bookmarked on my link bar so I can always get there quickly!

Teque

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 4:54 PM

Congrats..Long time coming and most deserving :-)

ddaydreams ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 4:58 PM

Congrats! that would be cool, I've never been published. Do they give you a Free Mag or subscription or do you still need to buy one?

If I get published I would have to have a few copies.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

gillbrooks ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 5:21 PM

Congrats !! Very well deserved.     I just might get a mention in #19 (just a Q&A thing)

It's a nice feeling to see YOU in print isn't it 😄

Gill

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 9:28 PM

bows thanks all for the kind thoughts! :)
well I learned so much from tuts years ago like "Brycetech" and since I can't do anything else constructive in life anymore, tuts let me do somehting useful ;)

Tsquare
woot I have a fan! :thumbupboth:

Chipp
ta bud, from a most serious Vue-under-the-hood maestro, it's appreciated :)

Ddaydreams
alas no, hehe ;) it's jsu tlinks and notes, Vladimir's Vue book mentioned me too which was real cool!

On non-art side I was published a couple of times in an RPG gaming mag (Polyhedron) and they gave me free copy iirc, but that was large articles, not just mentions.
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/adnd/htm/librium_subtalis.html
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/adnd/htm/print.htm
Also, one of their associated mags plagarized one of my pics lol, was ok the artist was given "background info" pics for what they wanted, he didn't realize my stuff was fan art, and only for refference, and did a direct copy of my "tradesman ship, hehe
they apologized and I got a mention in "Dragon" magazine
http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/adnd/htm/dragon_mag.html
so, this I guess means I am "Nerdus Rex" :lol:

Gill,
heck yes! ;)
oooh and grats!! :)

couple of years back, Niandji  was working with ImagineFX magazine which at the itme still did 3D art Q&As (it dropped doing 3D, sigh, thankfully,  "3DArtist" now fills the gap between artistry and technical stuff like 3Dworld's items)
Anyway, he used my trick of "Self HDR" in one of his tuts which was nice to see, and he asked me afore hand, nice fella, miss seeing him around :/

BernieS ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 11:28 AM

I see that Wabe has a gallery on the 3D Artist web-site now - maybe that's where we should all be heading?!?  :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.