Sat, Jun 1, 5:32 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 27 10:13 pm)

Subject: TerraPak Hyper-Real Rendering Toolkit now available.

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 5:21 AM

Quote - If you buy it at Cornicopia do you still get the extra mats?
Thanks,
Marque

Yes.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2007 at 5:26 AM

Thanks that was fast! lol

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:15 AM

Well I'm stuck where do TerraTerrains and TGHarvest go?
Thanks,
Marque

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 11:46 AM

TerraTerrains can go in your bitmap folder.  I put the TGHarvest folder in Materials...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:49 PM

Haven't ever really played with Vue so wondering where the bitmap folder would be.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 12:50 PM

Sigh...wonder if that would be the folder called    .. bitmaps ..  lol
Thanks,
Marque

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 1:39 PM

Actually, as most of you probably already know, you can put any files in any folder you like, then add that folder to your collections with the 'new collection' button in any of the collection dialogs.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 3:29 PM

I just use the Bitmaps folder since this is the first place Vue will look for any graphic type of stuff (terrain brushes, jpg, tif, bmp, etc.). 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 3:40 PM · edited Tue, 25 September 2007 at 3:44 PM

I organize my files a bit differently. This is because I use Vue on both a laptop and desktop computer and I want all my files available to me on both devices. So I set up a folder "C:Vue" which contains a bunch of 'my' folders and looks like this:

C:Vue
--- MyAtmospheres
--- MyBitmaps
--- MyDocs
--- MyFilters
--- MyFunctions
--- MyMaterials
--- MyObjects
--- MyPlants
--- MyScenes

Anything which does not come preinstalled with Vue, goes into a folder in these folders. I typically have folders within folders as well. For instance in my 'MyAtmospheres' folder I have the following folders each with different atmosphere presets:

C:VueMyAtmospheres
--- Bad Weather
--- Chipp
--- Cornucopia
--- Lush Atmospheres
--- Monsoon Atmospheres
--- Overcast sampler
--- SkinVue2
--- TerraAtmospheres
--- thomasKrahn

This way, I only need to synchronize one folder between the two computers: C:Vue

FWIW, I use Allway Sync on Win XP to manage the synchronization. I also use Allway Sync to backup my C:Vue folder to an external hard disk-- and I explicitly set it to NOT PROPOGATE DELETED FILES. This way, just in case for some unexpected reason my sync gets out of control and deletes some/all files between the 2 computers-- I still have a backup.

That said, I've never had a problem with Allway Sync deleting files.

HTH,
Chipp

Yotna ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 11:48 AM

Hmm,

That is interesting so I could move the annoying 'my documents' folder into Vue.

Matter of interest do you need 2 licenses to use  on a desk top and laptop and what is your laptops spec?

I'm just about to purchase based on the tread and the info on site.

I will give you my feedback when I get time to play....

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:10 PM

Yes, you could move the my documents folder to Vue, but then you'll need to re-link the folder.

No, you don't need 2 licenses to use Vue or TerraPak for your desktop and laptop.

best,
Chipp

Philywebrider ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 6:55 PM

andrewe_665-seaview? is that another package, if it is where do I get it?

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:03 PM

Quote - andrewe_665-seaview? is that another package, if it is where do I get it?

www.3dcommune.com/3d/store/more_info.mv

Philywebrider ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:18 PM

chippwalters
Thanks!

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 8:10 AM

file_411388.jpg

The images look fantastic! I purchased a the pak, and I have a problem. with the install  It say to put the Terra Folders into corresponding Vue folders Atmospheres to atmospheres, mats to mats, etc. I can't find the Vue 6 Infinite folders. What am I doing wrong?

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:52 AM

Quote - What am I doing wrong?

Look in your My Documents for a folder named "e=on software"

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 10:58 AM

file_411396.jpg

Please look at my example, it shows My Documents>e-on software>..............I found some of the files, but I couldn't find files for TerraMats,TerraTerrains, or TGHarvest. Check the files on the example.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:02 AM

I replied to your question in your other post. For the record, you can put TerraMats and TGHarvest into the Materials folder, and TerraTerrains into your Bitmaps folder. Sorry for the confusion :-)

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:11 AM

I just have Terraterrains left now from the install of the TerraPak install. I was told the Terraterrain goes in the bit map folder, but I don't know where it is at. Where's the bitmat folder located?

The images here are great, I can't wait to start working with the Pak.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:21 AM

TerraTerrains can be installed anywhere as they are not 'linked' to any of the files. You use the terrains in the Terrain Editor to create different terrains. You should have a folder called "Bitmaps" next to the others (Materials, Scenes, etc.). If not, just create one there called "Bitmaps" and put TerraTerrains inside.

Philywebrider ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2008 at 11:24 AM

Thanks!

ralfakerkhoff ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 2:47 AM

Hi,

just purchased it yesterday along with the interior pak and Grid modeler and all I can say:

The Pak's are definitly worth the money.

Thank you Chipp for those great add on's.

Ralf

Cheers

Ralf

katibabi ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 3:46 PM

Will TerraPak and the GridModeler work in Vue 7 Infinite?  I am getting ready to upgrade and wanted to make sure before buying....

GaryMiller ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 4:33 PM

Oh sweet.  Gotta get this one fur sure

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 8:17 PM

TerraPak and GridModeler both work in Vue 7. VueTools will too, but you have to get a patch directly from me. InteriorPak needs some updating to work properly in Vue7 and I'm working on it :-)

katibabi ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 8:22 PM

Thanks for the quick response Chipp.  :)  adds to the payday buy me list

Perry6 ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 3:32 PM

Hi. I'm wondering how well TerraPak is working with Vue7? Also, I'm on a Mac. Any comments, suggestions, testimonials, etc. would be great.
-thanks, Perry

katibabi ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 3:36 PM

I'm using TerraPack with Vue7i and haven't had any issues.  I am on a PC though.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 13 March 2009 at 9:06 PM

There shouldn't be any problems.

Sharp177 ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2009 at 11:07 AM

Question does Terrapak work with Vue 8 Xstream? Thanks in advance.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2009 at 1:19 PM

Yep.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.