Wed, Apr 17, 9:15 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 17 11:28 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

adh3d ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:02 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:03 AM

Yes,a blank  distribuible cr2 file with the rigging information in it.

Really great model.

adh3d website

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:30 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:31 AM

Quote - Yes,a blank  distribuible cr2 file with the rigging information in it.

You mean as a template for rigging the conforming figure?

How do I make such a blank cr2 file?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

A_ ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:05 AM

her arms still look a bit too short imo, but i could be wrong.
anyway, i think she's wonderful.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:14 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:16 AM

Odf

You mentioned ZBrush and Wings3D in your opening. Was she made using both or only Wings3D?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:18 AM

It's a hoot how she's always nude...with pearls on.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:29 AM

Quote - Odf

You mentioned ZBrush and Wings3D in your opening. Was she made using both or only Wings3D?

Only Wings3D. I might use ZBrush later for things like morphs, textures and bump/displacements map. But I haven't decided yet. There are some new programs on the market that seem to have an easier interface than ZBrush and might be good enough for my purposes. On the other hand, I already own ZBrush, and it's really quite powerful. ::ponders::

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:33 AM

Quote - > Quote - Odf

Only Wings3D. I might use ZBrush later for things like morphs, textures and bump/displacements map. But I haven't decided yet. There are some new programs on the market that seem to have an easier interface than ZBrush and might be good enough for my purposes. On the other hand, I already own ZBrush, and it's really quite powerful. ::ponders::

It'a amazing the things you're able to do with free applications. For some reason, I always feel to get the best results, you need the top of the top items. I never expect to get anything great when things are free. Funny enough the freebie clothing/textures in Poser disprove my theory everytime. Some wonderful freebies out there.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:35 AM

Quote - It's a hoot how she's always nude...with pearls on.

I admit it, I am a pervert. She looks a bit less naked to me with the pearls, and they were easy to adjust.

Maybe someone can suggest a simple dynamic dress or such that I could try to fit to her? It's no secret that I like to render nudes, but I wouldn't mind making some renders to show how she would like dressed.

corvas ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:43 AM · edited Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:46 AM
SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:43 AM

Attached Link: Little Black Dress V4

file_416878.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - It's a hoot how she's always nude...with pearls on. > > > > I admit it, I am a pervert. She looks a bit less naked to me with the pearls, and they were easy to adjust. > > Maybe someone can suggest a simple dynamic dress or such that I could try to fit to her? It's no secret that I like to render nudes, but I wouldn't mind making some renders to show how she would like dressed.

I think I'm turning into a female pervert as everytime I scroll pass, I can't help but to look at her plump lips. :biggrin:

Here's a sophisticated dress for a sophisticated lady. 😉

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:51 AM

Quote - I think I'm turning into a female pervert as everytime I scroll pass, I can't help but to look at her plump lips. :biggrin:

I have a vay to make you gay. :biggrin:

I'll have a look at the various dresses and see if I find one or two that I can adapt.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:55 AM

Attached Link: Dynamic Dress002 for V4

file_416879.jpg

Here's a shorter dress

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:57 AM

Quote - > Quote - I think I'm turning into a female pervert as everytime I scroll pass, I can't help but to look at her plump lips. :biggrin:

I have a vay to make you gay. :biggrin:

LOL. The hubby would be so disappointed. Hehe.

rjjack ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 10:30 AM

Quote - > Quote - Yes,a blank  distribuible cr2 file with the rigging information in it.

You mean as a template for rigging the conforming figure?

How do I make such a blank cr2 file?

i think this tutorial for obj2cr2 by PhilC can be useful

www.philc.net/OBJ2CR2_page3.htm

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 11:30 AM

Quote - Doing the rigging myself is actually a good learning experience. It has some influence on how I do the mesh topology, too, so it's worthwhile I have a go at it myself. It's just extremely frustrating to run into weird Poser bugs at every second corner.

All that said: if you're interesting in doing a rigging for her, phantom3D, knock yourself out. I'll happily to send you Antonia's files anytime. We could even think about using my own amateurish rigging for the free version and charging money for a 'phantom-enhanced' one.

Sorry, I missed this. First thing I read this morn was your post about the ABS as hip got totally caught up in it have been working with it since.  Sure I'll take a crack at rigging Antonia. I have to say though I really like your shoulder as it is . I wouldn't want any money for the rigging just to see people using some of my rigging would be enough for me.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 12:36 PM

The thought of synergy between odf and phantom3d makes me all a quiver!  Sounds like a better team-up than Batman and Superman! :lol:

At least better for us. :laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 12:41 PM

Quote - The thought of synergy between odf and phantom3d makes me all a quiver!  Sounds like a better team-up than Batman and Superman! :lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Definitely the A-team.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 5:16 PM

The work you two are doing is very exciting. I hope you are having fun!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - The thought of synergy between odf and phantom3d makes me all a quiver!  Sounds like a better team-up than Batman and Superman! :lol:

My thoughts exactly!

Definitely the A-team.

Better than the A-team! I'm hoping these guys actually hit the targets they shoot at! LOL  :lol: I remember the A-team for never even wounding the people they shot at. :laugh:

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:42 PM

Quote - Sorry, I missed this. First thing I read this morn was your post about the ABS as hip got totally caught up in it have been working with it since.  Sure I'll take a crack at rigging Antonia. I have to say though I really like your shoulder as it is . I wouldn't want any money for the rigging just to see people using some of my rigging would be enough for me.

Ex-cellent! ::rubs hands::

Send me a site mail whenever you're ready, and you'll get the files. If you do the rigging and bagginsbill does the the skin, she'll look so real that people will propose to her for marriage. :biggrin:

My trick for the shoulder is that I made her collar very flexible and use it in the poses, so the arm itself has to move less. But at the moment only the up-down direction works well, and I can't quite figure out how to do the other motions.

Incidentally, I was wondering whether I should bend her arms a bit at the elbows in the original geometry. Not too much, maybe by thirty degrees. It seems to be the easiest way to get a nice, defined tip there. Any thoughts?

odf ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 7:51 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Incidentally, while we were talking about giving her some clothes, I cleaned up my runtime folder and came across those 'big breasts' magnets I made a while ago. So I simply had to do a 'Naked Antonia in a temple' render which is now in my gallery and - for mysterious reasons - seems fairly popular.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:26 PM

Thats best to use the collar alot in the bend. and in truth it's also the way the human body works as well, ever try to raise your arm without using the collar shoulder? I can only get my arm half way up befor I have to use my collar-shoulder.

Yes it's a good idea to bend the elbo some to help with the forward bend , also it helps with texture stretch.  I'll SM you it'll take me maybe a week to get a good rigg working well. This is so cool to have people from here puting things together for a figure. Rendo might be the next hot spot for new creative works, for the poserverse.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 8:43 PM
Online Now!

I'm looking forward to doing textures.

To me Antonia (and BTW: I have a granddaughter with that name) looks more human than the mil gals.
I do like texturing the Vics and even the G2 gals and guys but this lady looks like she is going to be so much more enjoyable to work on.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 9:57 PM

I'd be happy to test any rigging. I've beta-tested rigs for Sixus1,Teyon,and Philc. I never use stuff the way that makers envision, so I make a good beta-tester, If you guys need one. I don't know any way to help more, than just cheering.

Of course, once I get her, I can make clothes for her. ^__^V,,

odf ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 6:10 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I checked some dynamic clothes for the Vickies today. The singlet by svdl turned out the easiest to adjust to Antonia. Render here!

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:54 PM

file_417418.jpg

Thought you all might like to see the progress on the rig. I don't have all of Antonias materials loaded but these pics are just to show the hip rigging (the hardest part I think.) 

In this first pic this is just the hip leg- bend using the normal one hip, looks pretty good.  But with the second hip..............................

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:57 PM

file_417419.jpg

With the second hip, you can take out the leg crease completely or anywhere inbetween the two.  Also it flattens the buut slightly and shortens the hip so it don't look so long. It's totally adjustable for any position you need.

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 8:59 PM

file_417420.jpg

In the next pic you can see the bend from behind.  The genital will have a body handle set up so you can pull it back or move it around as you wish for best natural looking placement.

corvas ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:01 PM

wow this is looking so great
excellent work WOW

Diogenes ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:03 PM · edited Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:06 PM

file_417421.jpg

In this last pic you can see an extreme bend of the hip leg, in this one there is a crease as there should be but the leg is not flat as a pancake and looks pretty natural.  I think these are some pretty good settings for the legs and hip and a good place to start putting in the body handles that will give you even more controle over the shape of the hip area in these bends.

Haven't had much time to work on over the week but this weekend is totally open for me to get lots done.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:16 PM

Good lord! Amazing!!! Thanks for the show and tell :)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 9:38 PM

Very nice work! You are KING of the Set-up room! Looking very good and showing us loads of promise. :laugh:

odf ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2008 at 10:41 PM

Wow! Those renders look AMAZING.  Especially the last one. I wouldn't have thought it possible to get a bend like that to look so realistic, but you've achieved it many times over. You are indeed the king of the set-up room. I'm so glad you're doing her rigging.

In the meantime, I'm re-doing her teeth. I didn't have them separated at first, which is probably fine in most renders, but might look weird in closeups. No pictures yet, though, as I've just started.

Let me know when you've got the grouping nailed down, phantom3D, so I can merge it back into the modified geometry. If you're going to do JCMs, those should probably wait until I've got the teeth and tongue finished, so we don't have to worry about changed vertex numbers and such.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 12:41 AM
Online Now!

wow!
I know, someone already said that but it's got me awed the way you have her posed.

I can hardly wait to get my greedy little hands on her to start some textures. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 2:03 AM

Quote - wow!
I can hardly wait to get my greedy little hands on her to start some textures. :)

Hehe, I know that feeling.

Let's hope I don't suck too much at UV mapping. ;)

rjjack ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 3:06 AM

OMG!  fantastic bending and setup, can't wait to play with her too ;-)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 7:17 AM

wants it!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 7:48 AM

awesome!

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 11:40 AM

Impressive!!!!!!!

A_ ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 5:07 AM

wow.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 6:41 PM

file_417547.jpg

Well the rigg is getting there.  Have alot more added now. Hands and feet next (fingers and all that UGH!)   Then have to run her through a gambit of poses and fine tune, but looking good so far.

corvas ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 7:04 PM

Awesome

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 7:13 PM

Nice!!!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 8:09 PM

Looking better and better! The hands always suck to do.  Could be worse. We could all have TWELVE fingers that are tentacles!  Aliens are still working on their set-up rooms hands and to busy to come here and visit!  That must be why there are no visits on-going.. :laugh:

210x2 ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 9:27 PM

WOW ! What a gorgeous model odf, great job. She has a very distinctive look, very beautiful.🤤 Looking forward to playing with the final version. And to phantom3d, my god man, what an incredible job of rigging. I swear I don’t look that real when I bend over. Unbelievable !!:thumbupboth:

odf ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 10:15 PM · edited Sun, 09 November 2008 at 10:16 PM

Wow! That looks amazing, phantom3D. I'm so excited that you made her bend so well.

If you want, you can leave the hands and fingers to me. I didn't find them very hard to rig, just a bit  tedious. Although, knowing you, you'll probably have a better way to set up the thumb than what I came up with. 😄

Then again, I'm busy shaping her teeth right now, so I'm not particularly short on tedious work. If anyone has some good reference images of dentures lying around, let me know. I did a quick Google image search and find some useful examples, but more can never hurt.

Diogenes ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 11:12 PM

Thanks odf,  I'm glad you like the rigg. I will probably finish the rigg out,  This rigg is new (has some new stuff in it ) First time I've tried some of it, so it's fun working it all out. Little slow going, always is, have to run it through so much testing and small corrections here and there, but once it's finished, it's a new rigg I can hook up to other figures too. I'm pretty happy working on it, I needed something new to build a fire in me again.

cheers,

Mike.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 2:09 AM

Quote - Thanks odf,  I'm glad you like the rigg. I will probably finish the rigg out,  This rigg is new (has some new stuff in it ) First time I've tried some of it, so it's fun working it all out. Little slow going, always is, have to run it through so much testing and small corrections here and there, but once it's finished, it's a new rigg I can hook up to other figures too. I'm pretty happy working on it, I needed something new to build a fire in me again.

I'm glad you're having fun and getting some use out of this. Can't wait to get my greedy fingers on the rigged Antonia.

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 3:04 AM

I've only just seen this.... great work !

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 10:28 AM

Phantom3D,I am your fan :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.