Tue, Apr 30, 12:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Anyone buy Daz's Lorelei for V4 - visible seams?

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 12:53 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 6:18 PM

I purchased Lorelei for V4 at Daz and the texture has visible seams on the inside of her legs, under arms and hands. I emailed them, and I get a generic "Please reset your downloads and clear your cache". Reseting my downloads without the merchant fixing the problem is useless. This render was in firefly. I can fix it in Photoshop, but at $14. on sale this is ridiculous. Has anyone else bought her and have this problem? Thanks PS this is why I prefer to buy here at RR. Excellent customer service. TY, service folks!

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:04 PM

make sure you have high enough render settings.  I used to get problems with Milan till I started using outrageous render settings and she's fine now.

I normally have pixel samples up round 26 and the one that's better the lower it is (can't remember the name offhand) set to 0

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:11 PM

I used the final render in Poser 7 firefly. I did not notice this with Milan, but I will check. Nevertheless, i would think merchants would know how to do seamless textures.

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:21 PM

I have a feeling it's more to do with the render than the figure.  I get seams on any model when I import them into Vue but you don't see 'em in the render

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

jonthecelt ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:35 PM

drifterlee, have you unchecked the texture filtering on each texture in the material room? P7 automatically turns filtering on, and it's now a texture-by-texture option, rather than one choice on the render settings screen. Several people have complained about the effect this has on their renders, with seams and all sorts showing up. I seem to recall that stewer (I tihkn?) wrote a python script which turns off all texture filtering in all textures being used with one simple button click - might be worth a hunt.

Hope this helps,

jonthecelt

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:43 PM

I mentioned this in the other place you complained about this drifter, but:

I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall that DAZ has a 30 day money back guarantee.  I've normally had a helpful response from their customer service, but it sounds like the operator who handled your e-mail was confused.  I'd suggest trying again, perhaps even calling during business hours if they still have that option, and if they have nothing to say about the quality of the textures, try asking for a refund.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 2:10 PM

Like I said, I don't want a refund. I like the character, I just would like the texture to be fixed. Nothing else I have bought from RR or Daz has seam problems, so why this particular texture?

ruby_dragon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 2:54 PM

Quote - I just would like the texture to be fixed.

Know what I think is cute? (Can I gripe here for a moment?) --> Hearing things like makes me wonder about what I could possibly be doing wrong ?? - Just recently tried uploading "Liliana" (100% my own, full character package) -- and I was denied? "Because '[I won't even both saying which site it was]' said "They all ready have many high quality V4 character packages." 

Could you blast any bigger hole through my artistic self esteem? Especially when I see so many out there as it is - what's wrong with Lili?? I guess how that hits me in my brain is "if a texture with viewable seams is worth $14, why was mine denied?" That boggles my artistic self-esteem done ever more so.  I do not like complaining, but one always has such high hopes of their own "babies."

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-029.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-027.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-028.jpg
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-031.png
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-035.png
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w61/ruby_dragon_JD/V4-040.png

(snicker) Was it something I said? LMAO ;-)

*hugs*
-Jen Dyck

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:03 PM

I had the same problem with Milan and when I asked Danae about it she recommended that I switch off the texture filtering in the offending parts in the Mat room. It works really well and I've had to do this with other character textures.

My Facebook Page

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:13 PM

nice texture - the face morph is a bit angular for my liking but the skin is nice :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:22 PM

This is the first texture except for a beginner that only asked $5.oo for their product that I have had problems with visibel seams. The beginner admitted they had problems with seams, and the product was cheap so it was not abig deal. I know Ute (Syltermermaid) has left RR as a merchant because she said they are not accepting any more V3/V4 characters. Very sad. So it's not only you. Also, when you buy a product, it should work. We should not have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:31 PM

Sorry, what is RR?

¤~Giolon~¤

Gongyla ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:13 PM

We had an experience with Daz and a scales texture. It had impossible seams at the neck. I complained, had to wait for the "artist" to solve the problem and when I finally got a message this was done and I could redownload, nothing (!!!) had been done. So I complained again and asked my money back. I got a refund, o yes. But it was only a part of what I paid. So this refund policy is only partial.

Yet they do sell Stonemason's merchandise...

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:24 PM

Giolon: Im not having a good day, and if you do not know what RR is then I question, why are you here in OUR forums?

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:31 PM

Quote - Sorry, what is RR?

Renderosity at a guess

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:04 PM

Correct.

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:06 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:08 PM

Quote - Giolon: Im not having a good day, and if you do not know what RR is then I question, why are you here in OUR forums?

So RR is Renderosity?  If so, I've never heard it referred to by that before, only Rendo', (R)'osity, or RMP for the Renderosity Marketplace. I don't appreciate rudeness as a response when a serious innocent question is asked.  Having a bad day is no excuse to be rude to someone asking for information.  Don't assume that just because you know something, anyone else asking about it is an idiot.

¤~Giolon~¤

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:41 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:41 PM

This would be an edit to my last post if I still could.  I'm sorry if that last post came off harsh.  It's not my goal to further hostile feelings here.  I was surprised at being (what I felt to be) attacked for asking for information.

¤~Giolon~¤

Fyrene ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:14 PM

Giolon, I have to agree. I wasnt sure if RR meant Renderosity either. Same here, heard RO, RMP, Rosity, but never RR. That was very rude of Drifterlee!!

Now, how could they deny a V3/V4 product saying "they are not accepting any more V3/V4 characters"???  Every day I go to the RMP and see V3 and V4 characters being sold! Are you sure Ute left?? I still see her posting her packages including product showcase gallery and forum.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:19 PM

Ute emailed me and said she left. That Renderosity would not accept anymore V3/V4 characters from her and to try Miki and Apollo. Here is a quote form her recent IM "forget selling character in Renderosity, they just rejected my Mercedes and told me she would look to similar to Holly!!! We know already since a while it will come!!! Character which are made only with Merchant resources will be rejected, they are not unique enough and even mine who are made 90% made with photos from real people didn't get away and I use a resource only for the base!!! They told me I have to except it because the Market Place would be saturated and only special packs would come out!! I just uploaded Mercedes by Poser Pros and 3DCommune!!! So if you want to start than by 3DCommune!!! Poser Pros also reject if you have not at least 60% own texture in a pack!!! 3DCommune seams to be still okay janedj sells there and I know she use only resources!!! An other place would be Shattered elegance!!! I have also just aplied for a vendor licence there!! "

Fyrene ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:31 PM

Ah! That is a shame. She offers beautiful second skins as a bonus for her characters. She wont have a problem at 3D Commune. I know. I sell there exclusively. The testers are fast and extremely helpful.

Requiring 60% own texures in a pack is not exactly supporting merchant resources is it?? What a shame!!

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 6:37 PM

Sorry again! This has been an awful day for me personally. No excuse for me!

Fyrene ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:17 PM

Drifterlee, we all have those days. Some more than others. Sending you big hugs :)

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 8:05 AM

Thanks for the hugs, I need them.

jancory ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 8:06 AM

Ute isn't leaving the RMP by choice--she loved it here, had a thriving business that often strayed into BestSeller territory, numerous loyal fans & customers, & did (& does) creative, unique V4 & V3 characters.  She's been forced out by the Management here, who has decided that neither her characters nor her promo's are "good enough" to be in their store anymore.  Despite having made them thousands of dollars....Many other character makers here have been treated with equal shabbiness.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Damsel ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 1:19 PM

drifterlee, I can't imagine what problems you are having with the Lorelei product. I bought her also and below are two images of what I have. The first is a screenshot before render and you can see some faint lines like you do on quite a few models which means nothing after rendering...the second is after a simple Firefly render in Poser 6. No special settings just set at one mark before the final setting. I get no lines at all in the render.

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot. 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
 --Pablo Picasso-
-

LiquidRust ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 1:21 PM

Hi drifterlee, I am wondering, would you mind posting a few finished renders of these seams?

I'd like to take a looksee. :]

I have never had seam complaints in the paste, so I'm wondering what could be going wrong...

Thank you,
Johnny
LRP

DAZ_kevin ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 5:42 PM

I have been contacted by a few people, asking for clarification.  DAZ and PoserPros are still accepting characters for V4/v4/ A3...etc...
I would be highly suprised if RMP or another shop was not accepting them either.  I could see a store encouraging an artist to explore characters for another figure, if they felt they were saturating the market... but not refusing them based soley on being for V4...

procchi ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 8:49 PM

Drifterlee, Might I ask what your render settings are for Lorelei? 
The reason I ask this is I was working on a pic with her, and did a test render - wth the Automatic Render Settings slider at the default level (two 'ticks' above draft - and saw visible seams.  
I checked everything else was allright, set the slider to 'Final' and re-rendered.  
No Seams.

So, having seen seams appear at low quality renders might be a problem, and changing your render settings might make the difference.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2007 at 11:29 AM

Quote - That Renderosity would not accept anymore V3/V4 characters from her .

Just stepping in to state that this is a false statement.  The Renderosity MarketPlace has implimented Quality Control measures to protect buyers.  This implimentation has been requested from buyers and vendors alike for several years in our annual surveys.

I just want to make it clear that products are not turned away because of any certain character.  There are a number of things that the Quality Control Review Team look for in ALL packages.

Now I'll bow out of here and get back to my little corner of Renderosity :)  If anyone has any quesitons, please feel free to contact vendors@renderosity.com 

Sorry that this is off topic of the original post, but clarification was needed on comments made that we're not accepting V3/V4 characters packages any longer...... NOT true!

Debbie M.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 2:30 PM

Drifter lee, I had an issue with this character in regars to the hands not matchingwell.  But I too love the basic texture so am keeping her (although Ireturned Tabitah because the body texture seemed to mainly be noise and didn't look as good as the face - at the neck and torso)

I'm  not having a seaming issue on lorelei but I too would like to see an example of what you are getting.

I tend to have issues with polylines on my renders even raising the shadow bias doesn't help, but it's not lorelei specific.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.