This year's Siggraph 2016 conference was my 10th. I've come a long way from the fellow who filled every possible second of his schedule with classes, panels, presentations and meetings. I've discovered that you have to leave time for the unexpected meeting or event. And you need time to relax and process what you have experienced.
Siggraph 2016 in Anaheim was a very satisfying and inspiring conference for me personally. This year, I decided to break with some of my conference habits and try new things. The reason for this is that the conference is so large (14,000 people this year) and deep (1,700 speakers and contributors) that you could go through the conference three times and never repeat yourself.
What follows are some highlights of my Siggraph 2016 conference experience. By the way, one of the great benefits of going to an event like this is that the experience helps clear your mind and break old thinking habits. If you make yourself open to discovery, you can come away from Siggraph deeply inspired and excited.
Be sure to read Ricky's full article at Renderositymagazine.com where he discusses the highlights of his Siggraph experience and shares his observations about the current technologies in computer graphics.
My Siggraph Photo gallery
- Gallery of the Week for March 19, 2018 - Music Genre Gallery
- Anagord, All-Around Vendor of the Year Video Gallery
- Rookie of the Year, JaMaRe, Video Gallery
- News of the Week for Feb 26, 2018
- News of the Week for Feb 19, 2018
- Honorable Mention Award 2017 - fabiana
- Announcing the 2017 Renderosity All-Star Vendor of the Year & All Around Vendor of the Year
- Artist of the Year for 2017 - Nyala
- Gallery of the Week for Jan 22, 2018 - Science/Technology
- News of the Week for Jan 15, 2018