Sun, Jun 2, 2:45 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 02 2:17 am)

Hanna G8.1F

$16.50 USD

L'Homme Mankini

$12.95 USD

Subject: Well its 7:45am East Coast Time....

TalleyJC ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 6:53 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2024 at 6:59 PM

Its 7:45am Sept. 30th.... Do you know where your P5 patches are? Actually I think CL will need to re-issue the cd's. With that many bugs, a 750 meg patch is going to take a while to download. Especially at 56k. Wonder if its possible if Poser users can slow down the internet downloading. Sort of like the butterfly in australia flapping its wings and changing the weather in new york. }=0P

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 6:59 AM

7.45am? have they had time to even smell their coffee yet? you're in a bit of a rush aren't you?

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:00 AM

He he, it's still 4.45 am where CL is located, let them at least finish their breakfast ;-) Hope they have a good connection, every Poser 5 owner will run for the download button when the patch is announced!

Kelderek ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:01 AM

Crossposting... Great minds think alike, c1rcle ;-)

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:09 AM

lol yeah kelderek :) it's 1.05pm here now, so it'll be late afternoon/early evening when I finally get the patch, I reckon with the missing stuff we're looking at 20Mb minimum download so I think you might see something happen to the internet later, by the way have you been reading Terry Pratchett books TalleyJC?

mcturbo2 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:21 AM

Well now I see that everyone is here and awaiting the greatest event in history just like that of the X-Box release. Hum, I wonder who will have the fastest mouse clicking finger. Has everyone remembered to do your finger to mouse clinking warmups. hehehe

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:29 AM

did they get round to releasing the xbox then? can't say I noticed.

ziggy3d ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:48 AM

Ill just settle for my Poser 5 to actually arrive!

ziggy3d ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:54 AM

Was Shipped Thursday but everybody gets lost trying to deliver where I live.

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:54 AM

when is yours supposed to arrive ziggy?

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:55 AM

Yeah... second that ziggy3d.

hogwarden ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 7:57 AM

Mine was despached on Friday. Could arrive any day this week, I suppose! ... But important things (like marketplace cheques) have a tendancy not to arrive at all!

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:00 AM

got my fingers crossed for you that it's today

TalleyJC ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:13 AM

What I was thinking was that if the patch was ready, the site would have been updated late last night.

saxon ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:16 AM

Mine came 30 minutes ago, not installed yet, thought I'd watch Neighbours first! then download the patch and be ready to go...

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 8:28 AM

Neighbours? good grief!!!!!! Is poser5 really that bad that you'd torture yourself with that?

saxon ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:04 AM

I blame the chief fairy! The Archers were enough for me...

narsil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:22 AM

Just Sitting here refreshing the Curious Labs download page
c1rcle has the ight idea. Get the Pratchett out.
-Narsil today is dressed in a fetching "band with Rocks in"
T.Shirt (from a promo for the Soul Music animation)-

Checks web page - still nothing-

Saxon, I think you need to see somebody about these unhealthy urges.(Neighbours!)

checks web page again - still nothing

Seriously I think that the patch will probably be at least 20Mb (what with updated CR2's for judy - did they really plan to make her look like an Alien. You do not really notice it until you have done something in the face room
and flick between face room and pose rooms that until
you press the "apply to figure button" our judy looks distressingly like someone (something?) that would do strange things to cows!

Check website again - still nix

Oh well time for the book again (First LensMan by E.E."doc" Smith - thirties type pulp sci-fi)

PaulC

Moonbiter ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:56 AM

I took the day off* to be a part of the historical "Patch Watch '02" and I'm reading Jordan but that's just me. *Okay I confess, my son is sick and it's my turn to stay home with him :)

JOE LE GECKO ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:58 AM

Talley, after the butterfly effect ( chaos theory ), we are proud to announce you the firefly effect : users will get the patch before the software ( lol ) Sorry, still waiting for my P5 ... :)

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 10:59 AM

cringe not The Archers, please anything but that!!!! lol narsil, I must try to get my hands on a Soul Music video & please nobody let Judy near any cows.

TalleyJC ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 11:45 AM

Well judy is an Alien and she doesn't want us to circumvent her plans. I can't use the face room for more than 2 minutes without it crashing. Clearly she doesn't want to be altered. Keeping in mind the level of Beta testing that went on... I am thinking that Judy amd Don's names should become Helen and Tommy. This I think would best honor the beta testers. (Anybody have a guess as to why I choose those names?) Muahahahahahahahaa (evil laugh)

ziggy3d ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 11:53 AM

Woohoo finally it arrived from a rather grumpy delivery man, who had probably been trying to find my home for the last hour! Play time

TalleyJC ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Well in all fairness.... CL [(by my calculations)](http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html) has until Tuesday, OCT 1, 6:00am New York time because in Hawaii it will still be midnight 9/30. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

thgeisel ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:08 PM

my p5 is running smooth without a patch.some minor things that cold be fixed.but no crashes. ???Whats wrong??? ?? did they send me a beta??? Will the patch fix it??? Will i get the final release for free??? So many questions :-))

narsil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:25 PM

Do you know -I was wondering that I have been running P5 in the background, photshop open, web on stuff like that Its slow but P4 was slow with the stuff I've been running. To quote Pratchett- I wish they'd find the butterfly that has been causing all this trouble and tell it to stop it. Remarks about Judy's strange attractor will be ignored ;-)(mathmatical joke there) check website - nothing

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:41 PM

Not sure what time it is there, but's it's 19:37 as I type this is in Frankfurt, still no sign, I checked bbother support and downloads... later jb

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:41 PM

That should be "both the" some day I learn to proof read :)

martindj ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:48 PM

It's October 1st here in New Zealand. Since we are a day ahead of the rest of the world, why is it that I always get patches a day later than everyone else? (Watch out, I've just seen two butterflies flapping their wings.) David.

narsil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 12:52 PM

Well it's coming up to 19:00 GMT Time for Narsil to cook dinner. I've been checking the sie now since 07:00 GMT I'll download it tomorrow if anything happens got to wade through some work after dinner writing a book review "Physics of Chaos in Hamiltonian Systems." I can hardly wait :-( See you all on the morrow PaulC

Jcleaver ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 1:01 PM

Two butterflies aren't a problem. They'll just cancel each other out. I'd be worried if there were three however.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 1:34 PM

...better three butterflys than meeting Granny Weatherwax on the road to Bad Ass. Wouldn't mind running into Nanny though... ...ah Pratchett... does anyone know when his next book is due out?

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 1:43 PM

anyone know what it's going to be called? I'd feel safer bumping into Susan Death than any of the witches. Still no sign of the patch tho, I think Binky ate it.

saxon ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 1:59 PM

Ahh all this soap stuff is what happens to you when you start animating, hours and hours of render time. Not that anyone cares but I think Poser 5's fabulous, an absolute gift to animators. Dum dee dum dee dum dee dum Oooh, tme for Eastenders. Still nothing on the site then. Farscape was good, anyone understand it? Hey ho...

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:05 PM

that's not the new series of Farscape is it? oh F***** I forgot it was on.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:06 PM

Hey CL it's MONDAY!!! lol Marque

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:08 PM

this is what happens when you spend the whole day playing with the materials room.

gryffnn ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:26 PM

Growing up in Buffalo, NY I thought it would be wonderful someday to see Australia and New Zealand. What a shock it was to figure out there's a thousand miles of ocean between them. First time I really understood how big the world is. Couldn't have imagined I would be able to send a virtual wave hello to someone in NZ: Hey there, Martindj! And join into a global chat with folks in Frankfurt, Wales, etc. As to Judy, I'm glad to have her, although without hair she does have that alien look. In some ways her face is easier to morph that other figures' - I've made dozens already - AND the morphs can be moved to other P5 figures. Elisa/gryffnn

gryffnn ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:30 PM

Hey Legume, we're up to the challenge - overlapping gripe-fests, double-decker gripe-fests, second and third order gripe-fests, footnotes* to previous gripes... * back to work for gryffnn

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:47 PM

"Two gripes for the price of one" Woohoo! :P

mcturbo2 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 2:52 PM

I have an question: Has anyone tried to call CL? I have and just keep getting their answering machine. This is starting to make me wander...

narsil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:07 PM

this is for c1rcle

I lust secretly in my heart for Susan Death. The funny thing is that Terry P has captured the essence of being a teacher (I know I'm married to one, sometimes she says things that could have come straight out of the" Thief of Time "

I hope Binky enjoyed his snack - CL looks as dead as one of his riders customers

latest DiscWorld is due out 4th November. Its called The Night Watch - a Samuel Vimes novel.

Hey Martindj would those pesky butterflies be early arrivals? "She who must be obeyed" stayed out in NZ for a number of months and goes into misty eyed rapture when ever anybody talks about it. Must go back some time.

Back to work for Narsil and his paralysingly boring book.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:09 PM

I wonder where you're wandering mcturbo2.... Is it time to start a rumor? Maybe Kupa has been kidnapped by space invaders! The bastards! We could all be a part of some galactic experiment on creative people. How much anxiety can the human artist take, before we leave our computers and go ourside? I know I have not yet reached my limit! I'll brave the crisis! Besides, P5 works pretty good for me. Going out to lunch... its 1:08 Pacific time here. A little less than 4 business hours left to go!

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:11 PM

narsil, You are my hero! I live for new pterry books. Wonder when he's going to become a proud papa? Thanks! Jim

narsil ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:12 PM

pdxjims Perhaps Kupa has been abducted by Judy? (see above on Judy's alien ancestry) PaulC

martindj ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:14 PM

To be honest, there are no butterflies in New Zealand yet - it's early spring. They must have been tired old moths from my wallet, now empty after buying P5. My P5 arrived about three weeks ago, and others are still waiting! I guess NZ is not that far away from other parts of civilisation (Australia excluded) after all. David.

mcturbo2 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:16 PM

Thanks for pointing out my mistake pdxjims. See what all this waiting can do to a person.Hehehehe

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:18 PM

yay Vimes is back :) he always has a way of saying "Sir" & making it sound like "you bastard" :) You don't think CL have run off to the Bahamas do you? j/k guys. I bet NZ get's loads more visitors since LOTR came out.

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:20 PM

It will be better if they get all the bugs worked out before releasing the patch. I've patched Vue d'espirit 4 or five times now and it gets a bit tiresome. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we will all be happy with the results when it is released.

saxon ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 3:42 PM

What and miss all this fun.... I'm sure someone just stood on my toe...

praxis22 ( ) posted Mon, 30 September 2002 at 5:36 PM

Wasn't me :) But, it's now 00:28 in Frankfurt, Brokaw is about to do his thang on CNBC so it's officially Tuesday, so I'm going to bed, if it arrives, I'll grab the patch tomorrow. Anyone got a copy of the latest P5 manual (print quality) handy? It appears to have disappeared from the CL site. later jb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.