Sat, Jun 1, 2:22 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Styles noel

$11.95 USD 30% Off
$8.37 USD

Subject: Winter collection of fabric [8 materials]

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:26 AM · edited Sat, 09 December 2023 at 3:40 PM

file_221749.jpg

I made snapshots of the collection of fabric materials I am preparing for this month's challenge. In each picture, the material is used for the t-shirt only. I will post a zip file of the materials when they are all done in the free stuff at the end of the challenge. Part 1 : - Wool - Silk - Red Velvet

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:27 AM

file_221752.jpg

Part 2 : - Raw fabric - Denim - Chain Mail

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:29 AM

file_221754.jpg

Now for a jacket. Part 3: - Black Leather - Red Leather (with bumps)

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:11 AM

Those all look great ~s~

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:48 AM

They look excellent!!! Fantastic work!!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:58 AM

They are all beautiful. Love them

Larry F ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 4:08 AM

My goodness! What a great exhibit! I love 'em!

tesign ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:28 AM

Lovely character :) Is she for real?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 5:35 AM

That's fabulous work on those materials!

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:27 AM

These are all wonderful!!! Great job. :) Irene

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 7:36 AM

Since Varian beat me to using a large cloth for the materials, I took a different approach and tried materials directly on a shirt model. In my experiments, I found something interesting. When I tried to use a 'fuzzy' material (perfect for wool for example), half of her shirt dissapeared. The shirt is made of 3 elements : left collar, chest, right collar. When I am using a fuzzy material, her left collar just dissapears. I am using a plain vicky 1 model, with a plain t-shirt from the standard clothe pack. Her skin is a freebie I found somewhere (called 'jena'). Any idea about this glitch ?

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 12:00 PM

These are excellent, Laurent! :D I especially like the wool, denim and red leather. If you have more to show later, maybe could you bring the camera a bit closer to the shirt, to see more of the fabric materials? Though I must say I like your model; that's one of the nicer views of Vicky I've seen! The weird missing pieces when using fuzzy settings..."probably" related to some kind of memory issue, possibly even a sort of conflict with OpenGL -- I'm only making guesses.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 2:37 PM

Definitely not an openGL issue - I disabled that at least 10 minutes after my first install of Vue :) The problem appears (or disappears :) ) when rendering, so it is not a problem of openGL. I will try to make an enlargement on the next materials.

Varian ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 3:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12368&Form.ShowMessage=337434

Here's a link to an older thread where Bloodsong ran into a similar problem with fuzzy settings on a terrain. Apparently fuzzy doesn't like mesh objects. So, it's not just you or this model. It's something strange in Vue 4.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 4:31 PM

I don't think "fuzzy" ever did like mesh objects. I don't think that Fuzzy can handle alot of polygons like some of the other functions can.

tradivoro ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2001 at 10:03 PM

Wow Laurent, this is really, really great... A great display and the fabrics are really real looking...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.