Sat, Jul 27, 12:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 25 3:26 am)

Subject: Poser 13 Release

Yandex1969 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:28 AM

I've been learning AI as Studio 5 is becoming vapourware and Poser (as just demonstrated) is still we-don't-know-what-to-do-ware.  250 bucks for a Kai's Power Goo interface, legendary instability, and content that came from the Poser 4 days?  No thanks!  You burned me with Poser 11.  It never ran more than a half hour without crashing and all you did was make excuses. 

And don't get cocky Daz, Studio has become a mish-mash of ancient code that hardly works anymore.  Blender and AI....here I come!

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:31 AM

The Poser 13 content is downloaded from the Poser library ... Purchases, then click the Included tab. 

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:43 AM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:43 AM

Guess I'll be waiting

xtxN6qUQ09LUtKP14rpfR0lpTHC4Orj8L2H770Nv.gif

FOR

JADrwAOV2noDJuq8USRE5YFXTtPMmttGSUfiJaxf.jpg

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 10:54 AM

As they have said the Program download only contents the program and a minimum amount of content required to get Poser 13 up and running.  If you already have content from a prior version you don't have to download it again if you don't want.  however, they have updated a lot of the content to have Super Fly materials.  Anything that starts with P13,such as the Hivewire figures.  So if all you need is the program it is now about 448MB instead of the 1.6GB that poser 12 was.  

The one thing I like about the new program is how fast it is when rendering.  I can now get a decent preview render in about 15 seconds using a GTX1080 video card.  That card wouldn't even run OptiX under Poser 12 and now it is the fastest renderer for Poser 13.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 11:39 AM

I usually make my final renders for promotion in 10 - 30 sec using Poser 11 at a size of 4000 + never liked the superfly engine, especially when it is for commercially used renders. Superfly would just slow down production no matter how fast it might be.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 11:58 AM

I was hoping for a Poser 11 upgrade path as well. Nothing. Its still cheaper to buy upgrade to 12, then 13, but that just sounds like crazy way to do it. I can understand they might feel money lost by allowing upgrade path for older versions, but it will be more money lost. E=on did the same with Vue, and I left. Yeah , 1 guy, but how many more? At least Poser isn't subscription. 

Was seriously hoping to bail out of the DS trap and get back to my roots, Poser, but I'm not seeing that happen. To much invested in DS and what appears to not be much of a stretch in achievement to Poser 13.  

Is there a content list someplace?  

It would surely be cool for some new content too, but from what I've read this is an early release and there are still pieces that are not complete. 

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 11:59 AM

and I'm not seeing the excitement of the old days, at all

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:49 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:52 PM

Well I am still totally exited

iKawsrneBgZeeG601ZydieV2CeYs4yFR3KfXmU60.gif

About the incoming Poser Drama

YToDaNZ3ZUG6oYWO8QfM9NjT4Ma1FSYngD0TmPNh.gif

weiesnbach ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 12:50 PM

No upgrade from  11? I'm going to be flat out as blunt as I possibly can--I skipped 12 because I could use Blender to accomplish most of what 12 offered in conjunction with 11--I still run 11, and I'm not about to pay a full price for 13 when I can use Blender for free, and I can. 

At this point it would be simpler for me to  just move my entire workflow to Blender than to pay $250 for something that isn't even close to the capability of what a free alternative offers. I don't know if you guy realize it or not, but you're shooting yourself in the foot here. The only reason I keep Poser around is the simplicity of the toon renders(literally that's the only render engine I use)--and in case you missed the memo your two largest competitors(DS and Blender) are both completely free.  

Don't get me wrong, I love Poser, long time user, but it's no longer worth the asking price--not to downgrade anyone involved with its production, but look around you--there's now a limited amount of high quality models that are compatible, and those models have very limited clothing/accessories, and if I'm going to have to jump over to Blender to  create clothing and accessories, I might as well just stay in Blender and save myself the return trip. 

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:36 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:36 PM

It just makes me remember the Lucky-Bags in the 70's as kids we just loved them and could not wait getting some little cash on the weekends to get one of these. They had a cone form ( Cone Paper bags ) full of surprises and candy ! 

This release of Poser 13 just gave me a happy backflash. Good marketing strategy, Improvements that you can't see as there for later upgrades, content that you will find out what they are after you purchase and open that Lucky Bag. Walking and talking Models that you will see once you made your investments. 

Well that sure is Funny and I am amusing my self big time, for sure ! I just hope not to loose more clients that use poser in the near future.

C4PBVhVJqL40uhjK3WmwXS6HXwY1Nl3JGc6zvSr3.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:38 PM

So, what's the new figure? Is there one?

tim ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:40 PM
Site Admin

@vopehov506 We have updated the Downloads page at https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads to allow content downloads for each supported version of Poser via web browser.  Thanks for the heads-up.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:01 PM

tim posted at 1:40 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460018

@vopehov506 We have updated the Downloads page at https://www.posersoftware.com/downloads to allow content downloads for each supported version of Poser via web browser.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Well that is great once you can access the Poser 13 products, right now they seem to be the old versions from Poser 12  but I guess you will manage to fix it quiet soon. No-one could expect that all works perfectly the first day.

Content is still dated from 2020 - 2021 and is for  Poser 12

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:07 PM

Hmm. If i understand it correctly the new content is available from the in program tab instead of separate download.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:08 PM

So...anyone know if there's any new content, compared to Poser 12?

Not complaining, just want to avoid downloading and installing everything, if it's already installed.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:14 PM

Right now it seems to be still the old Poser 12 content that comes along with Poser 13 unless there is an error. Would be nice to see a listening of the updated content but as long the upgrade dates did not change I doubt that they been upgraded.  

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:24 PM
Online Now!

The materials and folder organization of the new included contents have changed. It is highly recommended to remove the previous contents before installing to avoid mixing new and old files that use different materials and folder structures. If you just overwrite the old included contents, it will make a mess. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:26 PM

vopehov506 posted at 2:14 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460036

Right now it seems to be still the old Poser 12 content that comes along with Poser 13 unless there is an error. Would be nice to see a listening of the updated content but as long the upgrade dates did not change I doubt that they been upgraded.  

From the release press notes/ email:

We are happy to report that an exciting new figure is in the works for Poser 13 and will arrive soon with delivery accelerated by the new content creator tools.  Watch the PoserSoftware newsletter in coming weeks for related announcements.  

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:28 PM
Ken1171_Designs posted at 2:24 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460040

The materials and folder organization of the new included contents have changed. It is highly recommended to remove the previous contents before installing to avoid mixing new and old files that use different materials and folder structures. If you just overwrite the old included contents, it will make a mess. 

Thank you for the tip.  As an aside the first thing I did was install all of the scripts I have of yours, quite painless and they all launch so it looks good.  i will check them out when I have some content to work with.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:34 PM

Oh great, if Ken's scripts launch, I am in. It's that simple !

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:35 PM
Online Now!

hornet3d posted at 2:28 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460045

Thank you for the tip.  As an aside the first thing I did was install all of the scripts I have of yours, quite painless and they all launch so it looks good.  i will check them out when I have some content to work with.
Some of my scripts will need an update to accommodate the changes in P13, like there were plenty of changes on the Cycles materials nodes, and some other changes. This directly affects the "MAT Edit" script, since the Physical Surface shader root node has been changed. I already have a new version that handles it, but I couldn't release it until P13 was out, which has just happened today. I will sent it out to the store, which Rendo may take some time to update it (I cannot do it myself).

Due to the extensive changes in P13, it's hard to tell if it may break other scripts I made for P12. This will be an adaptation period, so please let me know if you find anything that breaks my scripts in P13. :)

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:38 PM

Your Make Physical script is an absolute game changer for material room for idiots like me to convert old textures. It should be IN the program imo, but at least this way you get compensated accordingly. :)

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:39 PM

Tuff for the ones that have an organized external runtime finding all the files to be removed, I mean allot have single runtimes with all the stuff they like and they sure are not small. Meaning you need to create a new separate runtime and hope that some of the double files are not accessed through the main external you also have loaded

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:42 PM

I wouldn't be installing it in the same folders. I use multiple runtimes, including different runtimes for the included content for each version of Poser. Hopefully that will be okay, because I don't want to delete any of my old runtimes.

And thanks for the news about the new figure. I was wondering if Andy was it. :-D

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:51 PM
Online Now!

vopehov506 posted at 2:39 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460054

Tuff for the ones that have an organized external runtime finding all the files to be removed, I mean allot have single runtimes with all the stuff they like and they sure are not small. Meaning you need to create a new separate runtime and hope that some of the double files are not accessed through the main external you also have loaded
Every Poser installation (since P12) now installs the included contents in a separate "Included" runtime, so if you just use the default settings, I assume it will keep the new and old bundled contents separated into their own runtime folders. They would only merge if we manually tell it to do so by changing the content installation folder. The same is valid for any contents you install directly from the embedded store. By default, it will use the P13 "Purchases" runtime, which is not the same location as you have in P12. 

One easy way to have them both available in P13 WITHOUT merging is to simply add your P12 runtime as an external runtime in P13. This way you can keep both without making a mess. :)

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:55 PM
Online Now!
randym77 posted at 2:42 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460058

I wouldn't be installing it in the same folders. I use multiple runtimes, including different runtimes for the included content for each version of Poser. Hopefully that will be okay, because I don't want to delete any of my old runtimes.

And thanks for the news about the new figure. I was wondering if Andy was it. :-D

Poser will keep each installation contents separate, unless we manually change the locations during installation, which in this case, I don't recommend. Since P12, Poser will install its bundled contents into P12's own "Included" runtime, and it's the same in P13, which has its own "Included" runtime location. Now we only mix or merge runtimes if we want to. ^___^

My Store at Renderosity

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 2:58 PM
Online Now!
Rhia474 posted at 2:38 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460052

Your Make Physical script is an absolute game changer for material room for idiots like me to convert old textures. It should be IN the program imo, but at least this way you get compensated accordingly. :)

Thanks for the feedback! I made the "Go Physical" script to automate what uses to be a very TEDIOUS and repetitive process, skipping straight to the FUN part, which is editing it. ^^

My Store at Renderosity

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:14 PM

My metals never looked this good! I am eager to see what P13 can do with your script and increased render speed for Superfly, not earlier than thus weekend though. Real life is interesting this week with kiddo in 8th grade and having college prep intro already.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:33 PM

You know, that is odd. The dates on the files are mostly 2020. Including Dawn. Have the shaders really been updated?

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 4:50 PM
Online Now!
randym77 posted at 4:33 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460100

You know, that is odd. The dates on the files are mostly 2020. Including Dawn. Have the shaders really been updated?
I was looking on the other thread, they posted a render of Dawn with native Cycles materials that come with the P13 bundled contents. It's using native Cycles Principled BDSF, so it's definitely NOT the same as in P11 and 12. It has been definitely upgraded to Cycles materials. 

My Store at Renderosity

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:14 PM

Ken1171_Designs posted at 4:50 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460107

I was looking on the other thread, they posted a render of Dawn with native Cycles materials that come with the P13 bundled contents. It's using native Cycles Principled BDSF, so it's definitely NOT the same as in P11 and 12. It has been definitely upgraded to Cycles materials. 
I think the zips on the Poser 13 content download page are different from the content downloaded through the Purchases tab.

The Poser 13 content page is identical to the Poser 12 page, including the title (which is Poser 12, even though the URL reads Poser 13).

The file sizes are different, too. The Dawn file on the Poser 13 content web page is

371.9 MB while the Purchases tab says it's 384.7 MB.

vopehov506 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:28 PM

I just checked the content zip files from Poser software place by manual download and the poser 13 versions are definitive the same as the ones from poser 12 no new files found there, no new structures.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:41 PM

vopehov506 posted at 5:28 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460121

I just checked the content zip files from Poser software place by manual download and the poser 13 versions are definitive the same as the ones from poser 12 no new files found there, no new structures.

Bondware has been notified.

These are the CORRECT zip files when you look in the Included tab. Bondware has been notified that the wrong files are showing up on PoserSoftware.com

0sRVqXpsPdeqEnSI9gX0ccCNimXWLzze8f6kmGHG.png

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 6:29 PM

OK P13 files should be fixed now on PoserSuftware.com

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 6:39 PM

I'm going back to Poser 4 ProPack...

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 7:49 PM
DCArt posted at 6:29 PM Thu, 30 March 2023 - #4460137

OK P13 files should be fixed now on PoserSuftware.com

I can confirm this, I did download some minutes ago, from PoserSoftware, it matches your screenshots, 29 zip files.

Store | Website

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:27 PM

Thanks! Looks good now.

EVargas ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 8:48 PM

Guys, just sharing some quick tip from my own experience/mistakes:

P13 open here, this was the first thing I missed from my previous setup: I suggest everyone that the first thing you do is go through all the main tabs (pose/material/hair/cloth/fitting) and mark at least 1 UI dot (lower left corner). This stores the position of the interface windows, and allows restoring in case you accidentally move something.

hYAxF5xKlFc2slBjrJN0fNvocyhtCyynZdzS0OjX.png

Store | Website

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.