Sat, Jul 27, 12:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: So...Bryce is dead?

RealDeal ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 8:29 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 9:27 PM

I first retired in 2004, I had been a Draftsman, and was always interested in 3D, and went nuts in a 3D way with 3Dstudio, Poser, Pryce, Vue, etc, etc. sold a lot of stuff in the store, gave away a lot of freebies.

And I used Bryce quite a bit for basic creation, and backgrounds. Bryce 5.5 + Lightning worked flipping great!

then in 2014-ish, I had to unretire. and put everything away.

well, it's retirement time again, and while I have a HUGE filing cabinet full of CD's & DVD's, I can't find my Bryce!

sure, I could use Vue, when details had to be detailed enough I would before, but Bryce was great for planning and layout, quicky stuff.

so I dug out my Renderosity account, and...Bryce seems deceased. dead. totally unused.

While I still WANT Bryce back, I also wanted to ask a few questions about getting back into the swing of things...I've updated my 3Dstudio, I still absolutely HATE Blender, but what version of Poser should I get? what is the bestest combo for low price network rendering? I've been getting the impression that Poser Pro 10 might be the way to spend for the lowest cost distributed rendering (distributed rendering is MUCH MORE Important to me than "The Latest & Greatest subsurface pore light capture and refraction").

anyway, I'm probably back.

RealDeal.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 9:39 PM · edited Mon, 10 October 2022 at 9:45 PM

I started in 3D with Bryce 4, upgraded to Bryce 5, and eventually found the DAZ 3D store, which is where Bryce is sold.  I've been a member here since 2000, and I think there may have been more Bryce goodies here back then, but most of what I've used over the years (though not lately) I found over on the DAZ 3D forums and store.

BTW, the latest version now is 7.1.  I don't have it installed on this laptop, which is only 2 1/2 years old, mostly because I don't have the time to do much in the way of fun renders.  Hmmm, maybe I should make some time.  🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

TheBryster ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 8:25 AM
Forum Moderator

Quietly passing Miss B a cup of hot chocolate, he says, "Bryce is still on my PC and I still use it from time to time. I recently bought the latest version on Poser, but have yet to find the time to play with it. Nice to see someone getting back into 3D though.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 11 October 2022 at 12:15 PM · edited Tue, 11 October 2022 at 12:16 PM

TheBryster posted at 8:25 AM Tue, 11 October 2022 - #4446398

Quietly passing Miss B a cup of hot chocolate, he says, "Bryce is still on my PC and I still use it from time to time. I recently bought the latest version on Poser, but have yet to find the time to play with it. Nice to see someone getting back into 3D though.

Thanks for the hot chocolate sir, it's been cold here lately, and it was a perfect solution for dealing with the colder temps.  😉

If you were referring to me when you stated "Nice to see someone getting back into 3D though", I never left 3D.  I just moved on to other software such as Poser, and Blender, though I don't really do final renders in Blender . . . just modeling.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RealDeal ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2022 at 7:10 PM

Thank you.

I thought my best course of action would be to install the versions that I had mastered, use them a bit to dust off the dormant memories, THEN consider what to upgrade...but Eon (Vue) seems to have lost my account (and the ....LOT of money in licenses I spent there), Daz3D isn't showing the vast majority of what I bought for Poser (not a single Victoria, for instance, and certainly not the free, but registered bryce 5.5 and lightning...). From what I'm reading, at least Eon has a decent excuse (hacked, sold, hacked again...).

I hate to do this, but I think I have no choice. Time to dig out the TAPE BACKUP.

at least renderosity & autodesk seem to have retained their respective marbles...

Qmish ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 1:49 AM

It lives as long as people use it.

Bryce Gallery | Renderosity

Arodia ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2023 at 1:44 AM

I don't think Bryce is dead, maybe not so popular, but they are still plenty of people who use it. In fact, if by some miracle there is a new version of Bryce to come out tomorrow, there would probably be many people jumping on it. I saw some music videos made with Bryce just last month.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.