Sun, Jun 16, 11:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 05 3:36 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: what are the rules for soft boy collisions and soft body attached

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2021 at 1:22 AM · edited Sat, 15 June 2024 at 6:19 AM

i remember reading dyn hair works better if a helmet over the head is used for collisions.

looking at how best to use dforce clothes. like making the floaty bits softbody attached to like the shoulder straps or something.

i remember doing a lot of experiments but the arms would go straight thru the draping simulations.

i dont have the vwd, does it help with dforce clothes?

experimenting discovered blowing pointforce at softcloth doesnt last to the last frame. i ended up moving the blower a keyframe to make it keep simulating.

i see older youtubes on softcloth demos, nothing recent.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2021 at 3:25 AM

Soft boys (you still got that on your mind ?)

they had some limited success with sleeves attached to body parts as colliders and soft body modifiers added but it was un-saveable if I recall, I did find it collides with morphing objects not bone rigged but very slow to simulate so a series of morphed poses may work.

VWD is awesome

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 10:08 AM

softbody collisions needs verts?

is the verts colliding against verts?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 10:41 AM

my memory so bad.
forgot how to load an obj to morph in carrara.
its from spending too much time doing workarounds in ds.
really need to keep focused on carrara. dont have the mental capacity for 2 softwares.

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 17 June 2021 at 11:46 AM

My memory is bad also. Here is what I think is true. Softbody interacting with primitives was fine. Softbody interacting with basic props was fine. Softbody interacting with another softbody was fine. However, Softbody interacting with a rigged object had calculation issues. When a softbody physics object interacted with a rigged posed or rigged animated figure, the calculation times were too taxing for someone like me and my computer at the time. I have since gotten a new computer and do wonder if softbody physics is wiorth revisiting, but the VWD plugin does most of what I would want.
Back in the day, folks like Marcus Severus were able to greatly reduce render times by creating a softbody envelope attached to the body parts of a rigged object. They then turned off collisions for the rigged object. The result was that the softbody cloth would interact with the softbody envelope, and those calculations usually went more quickly. The problem was getting the envelope to match the movements and pose of the rigged figure. The last I remember was an experiment with target helpers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.