Wed, May 15, 4:56 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 15 3:03 pm)

Subject: Black Panther

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 7:52 PM

It's getting easier every time I use it. I am developing a work flow that is working for me. But I decided already that I am going to stop using Wings all together and get myself into the modeling and sculpting in Blender. After that, I will see about rigging and animation.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 13 February 2021 at 9:41 PM

Good, glad to hear you're liking Blender. ?

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 1:10 AM

I still have so much to learn. And I am looking for a list of hot keys that work in 2.91. I know a lot of them still work the way they did before, but some things have changed.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 6:17 PM · edited Sun, 14 February 2021 at 6:18 PM

I downloaded one for 2.8, but didn't find one for 2.9 when I just searched.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 11:26 PM · edited Sun, 14 February 2021 at 11:28 PM

You went to the Blender site? It's right on the front page, there is a link for 2.91.2 I have 2.91.1, and I am thinking of going ahead and downloading the newest version.

https://www.blender.org/

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2021 at 11:38 PM

So I brought another suit I had previously modeled into Blender. I wasn't happy with the UV mapping on it, so I figured, why not?

And I turned this: jumper.png

Into this:

jumper1.png

jumper2.png

jumper3.png I am going to go back and play with Firefly. I haven't done a render with it in so long, I may have forgotten how to do it... I want to see how displacement would look on this suit.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 12:03 AM

Meh... Miki's skin looked like plastic and the displacement was not so good. I probably had the settings all goofed up, but I haven't used it in a few years, so Firefly is almost foreign to me now. Oh, well...

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 6:48 PM · edited Mon, 15 February 2021 at 6:51 PM

So I wanted to see if I could add more than one color to this suit. I didn't want to spend hours trying to get all the lines right, so I hit upon a pretty cool idea. I would use the bump map and the inverted bump map I was using as a mask to create the colors for me. Here is my set up: The two maps driving the whole thing are highlighted... Node Setup.png

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 6:50 PM

The results:

suit.png

suit2.png

suit3.png

suit4.png

I am pretty happy that I was able to pull this off...

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 6:52 PM

I am going to try one more thing and then this is going to be put to bed...

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 8:26 PM

That is a sweet looking bodysuit. A work of art.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 9:50 PM

hborre posted at 9:48PM Mon, 15 February 2021 - #4412875

Thank you! I don't think anyone has ever said that about something I've done. Here it is using the Physical Surface so I could add a metallic look to the suit:

soldier.png I think I might want to continue to develop this one.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 11:17 PM

And from the back, because just as much work went into that too....

soldier back view.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 4:50 AM

Ok, so I have had 5085 views on this thread, but honestly, only 3 people responded. So... Being a little sissy, I am saying this. If no one other than the two or three who have responded to me post something, I am GONE. And It's not a light threat. I have been gone for months. I don't mind ever posting in here again. But I don't like being ignored. You probably don't care. That's fine. But I do have an ego. I have feelings. Don't post, I go. I never make empty threats. If you don't give a crap, so be it. I do. And I will be gone. Forever.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 5:02 AM · edited Tue, 16 February 2021 at 5:03 AM

The total number is actually 7 who have responded to this thread. So that tells me that my work doesn't mean shit. So, bye bye. I will move on from here.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 4:51 PM

Whoa. Drunk posting. What the heck? I don't even remember doing that. I must have been in a whining mood. Ignore it.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 5:18 PM

LOL, what brew are you chucking? Drunk posting is a big no-no. You don't even remember it, that's worst!

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 6:17 PM

hborre posted at 6:12PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412974

LOL, what brew are you chucking? Drunk posting is a big no-no. You don't even remember it, that's worst!

Haha! Yeah. I bought a six pack of Elysian Space Dust, it's an IPA. I was only going to drunk one with my dinner. I ended up drinking them all, and 3 of another 6 pack I bought. I guess I am feeling down about the lack of responses I get to my posts and didn't even realize it. I do miss the old days when this forum was active and some of my threads would hit 200 or 300 pages in a matter of a couple weeks. But I know times change, the forum members are changing. I just have to adjust. I also think because I am creating but not releasing any of my models that people aren't as interested. It's what I have to deal with. I'll get over it. I am a big boy.

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 6:37 PM

rokket posted at 6:34PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412802

You went to the Blender site? It's right on the front page, there is a link for 2.91.2

No, I don't remember where I got the 2.8 Cheat Sheet. I'll have to go get the 2.9 version now. I usually bookmark that sort of thing, but hadn't looked for 2.9 yet.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 6:41 PM

rokket posted at 6:39PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412804

So I brought another suit I had previously modeled into Blender. I wasn't happy with the UV mapping on it, so I figured, why not?

And I turned this: jumper.png

Into this:

jumper1.png

jumper2.png

jumper3.png I am going to go back and play with Firefly. I haven't done a render with it in so long, I may have forgotten how to do it... I want to see how displacement would look on this suit.

I'm liking this. I think you're on the right track.

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 6:43 PM

rokket posted at 6:42PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412886

hborre posted at 9:48PM Mon, 15 February 2021 - #4412875

Thank you! I don't think anyone has ever said that about something I've done. Here it is using the Physical Surface so I could add a metallic look to the suit:

soldier.png I think I might want to continue to develop this one.

Ohhh, I'm liking the way this turned out. 🙂

Butterfly Dezignz

Miss B ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 6:45 PM

rokket posted at 6:43PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412971

Whoa. Drunk posting. What the heck? I don't even remember doing that. I must have been in a whining mood. Ignore it.

Well I sure hope it was a drunk posting, because I like seeing what you come up with. 😉

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 7:04 PM · edited Tue, 16 February 2021 at 7:06 PM

Trust me it was. I am working on boots for this outfit right now. Eventually I am going to put this to bed and start working exclusively in Blender. It might be awhile before I post any of that. But I will finish this project by the end of the day. Maybe I will give her a belt, or MOLLE (the replacement for ALICE gear, pronounced Molly) type of harness. I am not sure yet.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 7:47 PM · edited Tue, 16 February 2021 at 7:47 PM

The forum software is going crazy. I am getting notifications, like 20 of them... for OLD posts.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 8:44 PM

Same here. This is how they dump old crap during scheduled maintenance.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 8:59 PM

I was wondering about that. Makes it hard to tell if someone actually responded or not. So I have to look each and every time...

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 9:09 PM

These boots don't really do the suit justice. But I didn't want to spend hours on them, so there they are. Maybe I will make a proper pair of female tactical boots, maybe I won't.

boots.png

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2021 at 9:29 PM · edited Tue, 16 February 2021 at 9:29 PM

Now I am going to create some sort of MOLLE tactical harness...

Oh, and I rigged those boots.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 1:57 AM · edited Wed, 17 February 2021 at 1:58 AM

Hey, look what I did. There are not materials applied yet. It has not been UV mapped. I only subdivided it for this render. The model itself hasn't been subdivided yet. I usually UV map first, so that I am not fighting islands with a thousand vertices in each one. It will have nylon, metal and plastic textures on it when it's done. And I am going to rig it. Just hip, abdomen and chest. I don't want the harness to deform if she raises and lowers her arms.

tactical harness.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 2:43 AM

Yep. It's going to look epic...

rigged harness.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:26 AM

Sometimes I surprise myself...

rigged harness.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:28 AM · edited Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:29 AM

I was going to go full tactical and add a pro 3 holster, but I didn't want to mess with the weight maps and clean all that up to fix the bends in the legs and what not.

But I feel something is missing...

Gloves? Bracers?

Headgear?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 5:39 AM

It looks pretty good close up too...

close up.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 5:43 AM

Miss B posted at 5:42AM Wed, 17 February 2021 - #4412983

rokket posted at 6:34PM Tue, 16 February 2021 - #4412802

You went to the Blender site? It's right on the front page, there is a link for 2.91.2

No, I don't remember where I got the 2.8 Cheat Sheet. I'll have to go get the 2.9 version now. I usually bookmark that sort of thing, but hadn't looked for 2.9 yet.

I missed this post initially... If you find a 2.9 cheat sheet with all the hotkeys. I had one for 2.74 (?) at one time. But I lost it. It was on an old laptop that died on me.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 8:10 AM
Site Admin

This looks good. I don't reply much, but I enjoy seeing your WIPs. I'm always amazed at what you turn out with Wings. I'm curious to see what you can do once you get comfortable in Blender. I used to use Wings and Roadkill for uv mapping but I found Blender's uv mapping less clunky so I switched to that. Then I decided that since Blender could also model, I might as well use that rather than switch back and forth. But I'm more interested in rendering than in modeling so I've never become that proficient in it. I'm very good at modeling a box though. 😉

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 4:58 PM

I think Blender is going to open up a whole other avenue. There are modeling techniques that I can use in Blender that I can't do in Wings. I think it's funny that most tutorials I see for UV unwrapping they are using the default cube. All of the primitives in Blender are already UV mapped. So you are reinventing the wheel. Why not show me the process on something a little more complicated? Like the tactical harness I just created. It's got 22 different parts to it.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 7:44 PM

That harness really came out great. It has some fantastic potential. Thanks for sharing your work.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 17 February 2021 at 7:58 PM

You're welcome and thank you for taking the time to look. I am working on a tactical holster at the moment. I am trying to decide if I will attach it to the harness or give it its own belt. I am leaning toward a separate belt right now, as there is going to be something else I am going to put on the back of the harness. At first I was going to do some sort of MOLLE pack, but she isn't exactly a modern day marine or soldier. She is a futuristic/other worldly soldier. So...

You'll see when I get it done.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 12:53 AM

Ok, so it's not rigged yet, but I wanted to see how it looked textured and rendered. Not bad...

Gun belt.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 12:55 AM

What next? What should I put on here? It's around 4PM Thursday night. I am in Tokyo. I have the tomorrow left before I go to my next ship and will lose internet again.

ghostman ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 1:23 AM

She need a helmet with a visor. And maybe some cool tech to go with it.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 1:28 AM

I was just pondering that. I will need to see what I can come up with.

Meanwhile, there is the new color scheme:

color change.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 7:02 AM

Well, 5 different attempts at a helmet were no good. I am going to have to learn Blender before I attempt what I am seeing in my head. Using Wings isn't getting it done.

I am going to try one more thing, then I will have to put this on hold.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 4:37 PM

Save, save, save. Always save as you go. I got carried away with my progress. I had created a helmet that I was liking very much. Then Wings decided, "hey, this is a good time to crash!" Luckily, I only still have the base, so I can start over. I don't know what caused the crash. Wings will do that from time to time, just like Poser, Blender; any program, really. Save, save, save as you go...

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 4:54 PM

Ah, how we forget the little things.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 5:03 PM

Ya know? I have already gotten past the point of the last crash, so there's that. And I have been saving every few steps I take.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 6:06 PM

Here is what I have so far. I am still working out how I am going to do the top half and add a visor.

headgear.png

headgear back.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 6:11 PM

A view of the other side. There is a microphone in the stub that is sticking up in front of her mouth.

headgear side view.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 9:19 PM

Well, now...

Full suit.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 9:20 PM

I still have to rig the gun belt and the helmet, but it's coming along.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.