Wed, May 15, 6:29 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 8:23 pm)

Subject: Black Panther

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 10:08 AM

I like it. Nice work. :)

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 10:27 AM

ghostman posted at 10:27AM Fri, 27 November 2020 - #4405842

I like it. Nice work. :)

Thank you. It's almost done...

Gamora WIP.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 8:28 PM

I'm liking it as well rokket. ๐Ÿ™‚

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 27 November 2020 at 11:29 PM

Gamora WIP.png

Pretty much done. I am not going to make the shoes, it's starting to get too poly heavy because I wasn't worrying about it

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 1:34 PM

Very nice rokket. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:13 PM

Thank you!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 8:14 PM

jessica.png

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 28 November 2020 at 10:50 PM

Here's a black panther costume that'll fit any character lol... but all jokes aside a killmonger mask would be awesome, I would buy that!

image.png

image.png

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 29 November 2020 at 7:58 PM

That hair would be hard to do.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 9:24 AM

batgirl.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 11:30 AM

I would love to see a Batwoman costume. Nice work.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 3:13 PM

I have to agree, very nicely done rokket.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 7:28 PM

The second skin is just a placeholder for the costume. I am still modeling the suit. I was going to go Batgirl, but she has been done to death.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 7:28 PM

I need to figure out how to do the cowl to let the hair in...

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2020 at 9:37 PM ยท edited Wed, 02 December 2020 at 9:43 PM

Transparency maps... that's how I would do the hair on the killmonger mask too... half a torrus with a transmap and you got the hair part covered... it would look a bit 2D when viewed from the side though lol

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 1:11 AM

hborre posted at 1:09AM Thu, 03 December 2020 - #4406210

I would love to see a Batwoman costume. Nice work.

Yeah, but which one? Ruby Rose? Javicia Leslie? Comic Book? Or just do my own?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 1:12 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 1:11AM Thu, 03 December 2020 - #4406254

Transparency maps... that's how I would do the hair on the killmonger mask too... half a torrus with a transmap and you got the hair part covered... it would look a bit 2D when viewed from the side though lol

I am not good with doing hair. I have never tried to model it or do the textures for it. I wouldn't know where to begin.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 3:41 AM

batgirl.png

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 1:38 PM

Ohhhh, I like that a lot!!!

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 9:35 PM

Miss B posted at 9:34PM Thu, 03 December 2020 - #4406331

Ohhhh, I like that a lot!!!

Really? I wasn't sure it was any good. I think the textures are too similar to each other.

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2020 at 9:45 PM

You think that's a fault? I don't.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2020 at 2:53 AM

Let me see if I can get the maps to look more like one of the TV suits.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 12:02 AM

I took the whole thing back to square one, and used V4 as the figure. I think I got closer to what I was trying to do. I have the base suit finished. On to the cowl... Batwoman base suit.pngBatwoman base suit2.png

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 1:29 AM

I might redo this. It's not quite right.

cowl.png

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 10:24 AM

The cowl looks fine if you are going for the Batgirl look. Batwoman has an open cranial area for the hair to poke through. The Bat ears are part of the domino-style mask. A solution to the classic look would be to mold the hair to the mask as one piece, perhaps including morphs for the hair in different motion styles. That alternative will definitely be a challenge. Might be a little out of your realm of expertise. But again, this is your interpretation and that's what matters. Great job, so far.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 11:40 AM

Yeah, hair is not my thing. I got a few reference images from Ruby Rose's Batwoman, and I am going to start to rework it today. I am thinking of using V4's skullcap as a guide to where to remove the sections of the cowl for the hair. I have a few different hair props for her that will suffice for the look.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 1:21 PM

I'm liking the base suit a lot. I look forward to seeing how you adjust the cowl to what you're looking for.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 9:37 PM

I have modeled it twice and I am still not happy. But I am getting closer, so there is that.

Miss B ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2020 at 10:07 PM

I hate when something takes me forever to get it right . . . or at least how "I" see it as right.

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 1:37 AM

Yeah, me too...

But check this out:

suit and cowl.png

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 2:03 AM

rokket posted at 2:03AM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406273

TwiztidKidd posted at 1:11AM Thu, 03 December 2020 - #4406254

I am not good with doing hair. I have never tried to model it or do the textures for it. I wouldn't know where to begin.

You can try with fibermesh. I could try it for you if you like?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 2:45 AM

I don't know what fibermesh is...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:41 AM

The cape is going to give me problems because it's two colors, so I will have to model a two sided cape. That means I will have a lot of work to use it in a cloth sim.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 9:45 AM

rokket posted at 9:44AM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406862

I don't know what fibermesh is...

It's a tool in zbrush to make hair, strands and polystrips. Comparable to Mayas xgen etc

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 9:50 AM

Oh, I don't have ZBrush. It's too expensive.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 9:52 AM

Unless the Cloth Room has been overhauled recently, it doesn't do well with double-sided mesh. In fact, it's a complete disaster as I recall.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 9:55 AM

hborre posted at 9:54AM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406902

Unless the Cloth Room has been overhauled recently, it doesn't do well with double-sided mesh. In fact, it's a complete disaster as I recall.

Yeah, that's my point. Even if you check the self collision box, it doesn't turn out well. I guess I will just model it already draped, and use a single mesh if I want to do any action poses with the suit.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 9:57 AM

But I have it, I can try it for you. You can import it into poser.

rokket posted at 9:56AM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406901

Oh, I don't have ZBrush. It's too expensive.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:01 AM

I am currently working on the Batwoman suit. Once I get that done I will try the mask out and I'll post it here, sans the hair. If you like it I'll send you the obj file.

Richard60 ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:52 AM

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2954649

You can use single sided cloth with two colors see above link towards the bottom of the first page.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:58 AM

Richard60 posted at 10:57AM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406924

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2954649

You can use single sided cloth with two colors see above link towards the bottom of the first page.

Cool! I am going to experiment with it.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 11:31 AM

Crap. It's for Poser 12... I am still on 11.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 11:45 AM

Well... I'll be dipped. I need to do a deep dive into cycles. It works.

wow.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 1:54 PM

Bracers... Yeah.

Update 2.png

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 7:52 PM

Whoa, looking good rokket! ๐Ÿ˜„

Butterfly Dezignz

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 7:55 PM

Thanks, Miss B.

Did you see what I was able to do with the cape? I didn't know cycles could do that.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:32 PM

And she has a belt now. I went with the belt they are going to use for the season 2 suit. It's a bit closer to comic cannon, so...

belt.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 10:33 PM

The image isn't showing up again. Crap

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 11:51 AM

belt.png

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 11:51 AM

On to the boots...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.