Tue, Apr 30, 5:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Been gone for months

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 9:59 PM

SamTherapy posted at 7:54PM Sun, 28 June 2020 - #4393322

Well, I hope you get time to put it all to good use. It's a shame we can't get a Rendo house band together but geography and all that gets in the way.

I've had to put all my music plans on hold for a while. A friend wants me to sing and play guitar on his album - then go out and tour with it - another friend wants to get a new band together just for fun. I'm stuck with jamming along at home to backing tracks and the like. Hoping I can convince Claire that I absolutely need a new Phaser, Chorus, Distortion and Overdrive. Oh, and a Compressor, another Delay...

๐Ÿ˜

My setup is pretty basic. I mix in a DAW, so I don't need a big mixing console or a butt load of preamps. I record on an old Fostex MR8. I use the Yamaha mixer to boost my signal into that, and for the phantom power. I don't record instruments too much anymore, mostly just vocals now. I use the vocal processor for the harmonies if I get lazy. Most of the time, I just do all the vocals myself. It would be fun to collaborate on something. I haven't done that since early 2000's.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 10:12 PM

A Firefly test render of one of my "realistic" character sculpts that's nearing completion. Ignore the render quality, shaders, and textures. I have a lot of make ups painted ( probably too many) including some sci fi/fantasy make ups but I haven't done the bump maps or final shaders yet, and eye brows and pubic hair need work, not to mention the whole body texture. I'm figuring 3 character sculpts in the pack with 2 skin tones and custom expressions for each...

this is Viktoria (based loosely on adult film star Angel Dark's face), the first head sculpt out of the 2 I posted earlier...

Viktoriatest.png

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 10:20 PM

She is looking pretty promising. Nice work.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 29 June 2020 at 3:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDEdUDVpcA&feature=youtu.be

Tried out animation for the first time in a very long time. I still am not happy with all the work with little pay off I get from it.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 01 July 2020 at 3:44 AM

Wow, this forum sure has slowed down.

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 02 July 2020 at 4:45 AM ยท edited Thu, 02 July 2020 at 4:48 AM

Wow, this forum sure has slowed down.

Yea, I've sorta been away from poser stuff for about a year, and a quietness is noticeable across all the forums. But Poser stuff also feels like that right now.

When this lock up started I expected to be spending the newly acquired creative hours making new 3D stuff for my freebie site. Though other real world artists/creators said their reality was more board games rather than painting. So it could be others have suffered the same fate.

Fortunately avoided the joys of jigsaw puzzles, and instead spent that time (and more) outside in a garage. Apols for those who've seen these elsewhere, but a new workbench. From mostly recycled stuff. Skint and nowhere open to get wood.

When DIY stores opened, and with a generous GF and friends, a cabinet of curiosity's from new wood.

Then in the evenings, tinkering on a PVA machie costume for 2 friends fantasy themed wedding. The more the wedding gets put back, and the more people buy from amazon (the source of the brown paper used), the more stuff that gets added to the costume.

Only 3d stuff was a new tutorial and added some missing freebies to the site. Though I did finally figure out how to export Monsters from Spore into Poser.

Image808.jpg

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2020 at 8:13 AM

At least you kept yourself busy and creative with something. I know some people, my family included, who just sat around and got fat. It's nice to see that you did get some modeling done. I have been putting off Blender.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2020 at 10:43 PM

Hey rokket, remember long ago Monkeycloud started that informal forum render challenge?

The theme was Renaissance and Revolution.

One of the stipulations of the challenge was that you had to make a prop from scratch to be featured in the render. You ended up making a printing press, I made an awful super high poly monster crucifix (likely to crash poser lol), Monkeycloud made a curly flugelhorn type instrument, Ghostman made a lute, and biscuits made a dynamic renaissance gown.

As I recall no one actually submitted a render other than pictures of the props themselves and voting was open to the community. Everything ran really late. Anyway you won that for your printing press. Everyone who entered put up their props as freebies here in the Freestuff. Thankfully my entry is lost to the sands of time ;)

Was just curious if you remember that...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2020 at 11:00 PM

Found the thread

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2858158&page=1

Back when I went by Primorge.

Here's the winners announcement

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2859075

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Fri, 03 July 2020 at 11:05 PM

Would be kinda cool if we could get something like that together again. Maybe something for La Femme or L'Homme...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.