Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Been gone for months

rokket opened this issue on Jun 27, 2020 ยท 61 posts

rokket posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 9:59 PM

SamTherapy posted at 7:54PM Sun, 28 June 2020 - #4393322

Well, I hope you get time to put it all to good use. It's a shame we can't get a Rendo house band together but geography and all that gets in the way.

I've had to put all my music plans on hold for a while. A friend wants me to sing and play guitar on his album - then go out and tour with it - another friend wants to get a new band together just for fun. I'm stuck with jamming along at home to backing tracks and the like. Hoping I can convince Claire that I absolutely need a new Phaser, Chorus, Distortion and Overdrive. Oh, and a Compressor, another Delay...

😁

My setup is pretty basic. I mix in a DAW, so I don't need a big mixing console or a butt load of preamps. I record on an old Fostex MR8. I use the Yamaha mixer to boost my signal into that, and for the phantom power. I don't record instruments too much anymore, mostly just vocals now. I use the vocal processor for the harmonies if I get lazy. Most of the time, I just do all the vocals myself. It would be fun to collaborate on something. I haven't done that since early 2000's.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.