Sun, May 19, 10:28 AM CDT

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 13 7:36 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the Marketplace Wishing Well Forum, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Suggestions for functionality for new motorhome model

MeshWorks ( ) posted Sat, 21 March 2020 at 1:52 AM · edited Fri, 26 April 2024 at 4:52 AM

I am the creator of the infamous '78 Cobra Motorhome model for Poser/Daz and working on a new(er) motorhome and need feedback. This new RV is a 1992 Itasca 28 ft. Sunflyer. I've created the 3d mesh with all it's various parts and about to import it in to Daz for creating the cr2. But before I do, I want to know what moveable components are desirable and would be used. Other then the wheels turn and rotate, doors open (which are already a given), on a real motorhome there are numerous storage compartments, access doors and louvered windows throughout. In addition, retractable awning and slide-outs.

So, I need to hear from perspective uses what you would want in this type of 3d asset? If you already own the Cobra Motorhome or Grand-Prix Racecar (or about any KPL Original product), you will be familiar with the high level of detail included in my models. As typical, render-friendly hide-able sections will be included, but how important are individual opening cabinet doors, skylights, curtains/blinds and exterior storage compartment doors?

I have always tried to create my models with versatility and functionality in mind. The more, the better, right? But it takes time to setup all these components, and seems pointless if the end-user never uses them, or even knows they are there. Did you know that on the '78 Cobra there is an operable interior engine access hatch that reveals a detailed Dodge 460 c.i. engine?? Or that the front wheels of the Racecar (spelt same way backwards or forwards) has a Caster/Camber (wheel tilt) adjustment? Does anyone ever care for these things?

Let me know what you think. I will add some more screen shots to this thread for ideas and discussion.1991_Itasca_Sunflyer-4a.jpgWIP-Sunflyer01.jpg

MeshWorks ( ) posted Sat, 21 March 2020 at 2:23 AM

The above screen grab was a texture test, and above that the original. Here's one with exterior detailing and textures.WIP-Sunflyer05.jpg

LuxXeon ( ) posted Thu, 30 April 2020 at 3:37 PM

I don't use Poser, but this looks like it will be a good model. I would love to see the finished work with wireframes. Also, more information about your techniques and software preferences for modeling and UV unwrapping would be interesting.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.