Mon, May 13, 4:19 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 13 2:13 pm)

Subject: Any good soft body bullet physics tuts for Poser 11 Pro?

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2020 at 9:20 AM · edited Sun, 12 May 2024 at 12:44 PM
Forum Moderator

Hi all, I'm looking to broaden my 3D horizons and would love to learn how to use soft body bullet physics for added realism, but haven't been able to find any good, in-depth tutorials on the subject. Can any of you point me to such a tut? Thanks in advance!

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 3:37 AM

There used to be a tutorial out there, one of the webinars created while Poser was under Smith Micro, where they demonstrated Bullet on complete figures. I've tried quite hard to find it for you but it looks as if Smith Micro have removed their Poser webinars from their YouTube channel.

I even looked at Renderosity's YouTube channel to see if they had been acquired by R'osity, but apparently not!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 4:06 AM
Online Now!

Bondware owns the old webinars. It has been stated that they will work on reuploading them with time.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 4:53 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 5:45AM Mon, 10 February 2020 - #4379724

Bondware owns the old webinars. It has been stated that they will work on reuploading them with time.

To be honest, I'm starting to doubt that. It's been almost six months since they stated tht they would eventualy put them online, and since then they've started making a new series of webinars.

As for the OP, Renderosity does have a Bullet Physics and Cloth physics Tutorial for Poser.

Try Lesson 6.

Retrowave ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 8:44 AM · edited Mon, 10 February 2020 at 8:46 AM

@Ohki - Their absence could be due to the old ones being SM branded, meaning they would have to edit all that stuff out before uploading them to their own channel.

@Clarkie - That video you link to was responsible for me finding out about animated constraints etc, very powerful stuff, had a lot of fun messing around with that. Something I should have tried, but never did, was to use it between different non-cloth objects in the scene, cause I imagine it would be great for stuff like allowing one to ride a horse, by adjusting the amount of constraint it has etc.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 9:27 AM · edited Mon, 10 February 2020 at 9:30 AM

I find it rather interesting that a lot of people are still using the Cloth Room instead of Bullet Physics to be honest, but I guess I can understand it a bit. After all, the users will follow what the vendors suggest, and so far as I can tell, the vendors are ignoring a lot of Poser's features like Bullet Physics, and even easier ones like Wind Force, or magnets. I've never understood how magnets work, never had to. Most vendors, as far as I know, don't even reference the magnets. As for wind force, they'd rather morph it or model it, than show the user how to get a scarf blowing in the wind with the Cloth room or Bullet Physics. I can only surmise that they (the vendors) don't know how to do it themselves.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 12:46 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I find the cloth room more reliable than the bullet physics for clothing. My results for the bullet physics are hit or miss, even when following the tutorial you linked to. Yes, magnets and wind force do create more natural-looking simulation. I've never looked into what it would take to include those with clothing for distribution. Would it be practical in this kind of situation? I think the problem for some vendors is that many customers won't buy dynamic clothing. I'm not one of them. I'm more apt to sim a conformer even if it means taking it into Blender to weld it together. I can't say there are many who prefer conformers that will rig dynamic clothing them selves.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 3:27 PM · edited Mon, 10 February 2020 at 3:29 PM
Forum Moderator

I use the Cloth Room a lot for the dynamic clothing because of the realism and so on, but what I'm aiming for with soft body bullet physics is with regard to body parts, such as when a human figure like La Femme sits down on a hard object, say, a bench, her butt is going to squish on the bench. A good example is Blackhearted's image, "Squish" in which La Femme squishes her left breast with her right hand, if you'll take a look here:

Squish

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 3:57 PM · edited Mon, 10 February 2020 at 3:59 PM

Bullet Physics will do what you want, but you will have to experiment with it to find the sweet spot. That's the issue really. You don't have a cookie cutter method handy that will give you what you want each every time. Admittedly, I believe that is why morphs are a more popular option.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.