Thu, May 16, 10:30 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 9:47 am)

Subject: PP2014 and PP11 Crash Loading High Poly Count Scenes

MNArtist ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 8:35 AM · edited Thu, 09 November 2023 at 10:32 PM

I'm having an issue where Poser Pro 14 and Poser Pro 11 are crashing when I try and load a high poly count scene. No error message other than Poser Pro executable has quite working. These scenes include high poly count models (some upwards of 500k) and custom morphs. Has anyone run into this, and any suggestions on how to fix? Appreciate any thoughts

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 9:33 AM

Not specifically but a similar thing used to happen to me with Poser 6 on my old machine. Even with enough RAM, P6 used to get flaky when HD space was running short. How's your HD space?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2018 at 2:12 PM

I've ran into this going from PP11 back to PP2014, but it doesn not appear to have anything to do with the polycount. Its occuring when a figure is saved in PP11 and then you attempt to load said figure in PP2014. PP2014 doesn't seem to like certain fiogures saved int PP11, and its using a piece of clothing conformed to a figure thats specifically causing the program to crash. Only way to determine what figure it is is to remove clothing piece by piece from said figure, saving after each deletion, and attempting to load into PP2014. It's pretty time consuming...

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2018 at 1:46 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2018 at 1:54 PM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 1:45PM Tue, 24 July 2018 - #4333604

I've ran into this going from PP11 back to PP2014, but it doesn not appear to have anything to do with the polycount. Its occuring when a figure is saved in PP11 and then you attempt to load said figure in PP2014. PP2014 doesn't seem to like certain fiogures saved int PP11, and its using a piece of clothing conformed to a figure thats specifically causing the program to crash. Only way to determine what figure it is is to remove clothing piece by piece from said figure, saving after each deletion, and attempting to load into PP2014. It's pretty time consuming.

How can they do that if the scene doesnt load in 2014 nor in PP11 ? The exact thing happen to me but I just took it as it somehow got corrupt while saving it out. I still have that file and would also like to know,how to open it..when Im unable to access it thru poser (because itll crash poser in my case...just stay there as if it is..but just doesn't until Poser freezes and I have to forcefully stop it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2018 at 5:40 PM

TheDarkerSideOfArt posted at 5:39PM Tue, 24 July 2018 - #4333654

How can they do that if the scene doesnt load in 2014 nor in PP11 ? The exact thing happen to me but I just took it as it somehow got corrupt while saving it out. I still have that file and would also like to know,how to open it..when Im unable to access it thru poser (because itll crash poser in my case...just stay there as if it is..but just doesn't until Poser freezes and I have to forcefully stop it)

Hmm. When phrased that way, it sounds different from what I've experienced.

ghostman ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2018 at 2:49 PM

Tried to IMPORT the scene instead of Open it?

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.