Tue, Apr 30, 5:05 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Lucy Zepp in Poser 11, anyone having problems?

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2016 at 6:11 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 2:59 PM

Hey guys,

I'm getting a complaint from a customer that bought Lucy Zepp and is having problems loading her in Poser 11, says the dials arn't working on the body but the head works fine. I told him that he needs to inject V4, Elite, and S4 for them to work. He replied that he did and it's not working, said it may be a Poser 11 problem.

I don't have Poser 11, I'm still using Poser 9.

So, if anyone bought Lucy Zepp, and if you have Poser 11, can you please check? Load a new V4 and inject everything, please let me know ASAP. I may end up giving this customer a refund, but will talk with administration first.

Thanks in advance!

...wolfie

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2016 at 6:33 PM

Sorry, I don't own her to check for ya...

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Store 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuff 

SpookieLilOne's Gallery 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2016 at 11:07 PM

Everything looks fine to me. I hadn't used it since getting Poser11. The only Stephanie morph it uses is Caitlyn in my setup.

lucyz.jpg

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2016 at 12:06 AM · edited Sun, 16 October 2016 at 12:08 AM

jamminwolf posted at 12:56AM Sun, 16 October 2016 - #4286861

I'm getting a complaint from a customer that bought Lucy Zepp and is having problems loading her in Poser 11, says the dials arn't working on the body but the head works fine. I told him that he needs to inject V4, Elite, and S4 for them to work. He replied that he did and it's not working, said it may be a Poser 11 problem.

It's most likely an issue with the customer's installation of the V4 Elite and S4 morphs. Did they test to see if those morph sets actually work on V4 before trying to use your character morph? If they did and the morphs don't work prior to your injection file being applied, then it is an issue with their installation, not with your product. This is a common problem with V4/M4 morph sets, and has been since P9/2012 came out. A new thread pops up every few weeks or so claiming that the morphs wont work in P9/2012, P10/2014, and/or P11/11Pro. It's usually because the morphs need to be initialized after installation before they will work. Sometimes its because they were installed in the wrong directory or someone is trying to install them into main Poser directory in their program files, which is not permitted by windows 7+.

I dealt with the same issue for quite a while and none of the methods provided in the forums made any difference for me. I finally just got the Daz Install Manager to install all the gen4 content into their own separate runtime and since then all of their morphs and content has worked just fine no matter what version of Poser I load it into.

As much as this issue keeps coming up, and has been for a few years now, the steps to correct it (using daz install manager) should be a sticky.

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2016 at 1:01 PM

I also used DIM to install all my V4 stuff, so it was simple to check Lucy in DS 4.9

I converted your shaders to Iray and gave her some clothes and Hair. Used my favorite 3 point light setup and dashed off quick render.

The quality of your work lasts through all the upgrades thrown at them, she is as beautiful as ever.

lucyz02.jpg

Fremmen ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2016 at 1:21 PM

I just tried using a young and an adult version of Lucy Zepp and I had no issues.Render 1.jpg

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2016 at 1:46 PM

Sweet, thank you so much guys! AmbientShade, I'm using Windows 8, and have V4, Elite, S4 and all the other under the original Daz Studio 3 runtime, so that may be the issue. Funny thing is, he says he hasn't had any problems with other characters as far as I remember. I'll point the customer to this forum so he can read this. He says he's not new and has been doing this for a long time, so that really had me stumped since no one has ever had a problem with my characters (except someone who made a mistake lol).

Medzinatar, OMG that is so beautiful!! Thank you so much! copied that image and added to my "other people's renders of my girls" collection! I don't have Iray and DS installed on this laptop (I do have DS on my desktop though). Iray is very expensive and I'm hearing it takes way too much time to render so it's just not worth it to me, so I'm simply sticking to Poser and may get Reality for Poser if I get a stronger laptop.

Fremmen, thank you for testing her! That render looks good too :)

...wolfie

Toomuchtime ( ) posted Sat, 22 October 2016 at 6:30 PM

I tried all the remedies, Using the Daz Install Manager made no difference. I wish I had my Poser 10 back It was far less buggy. Thanks for all your help.Live and learn! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.