Mon, May 6, 1:06 AM CDT

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 6:41 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: When can I upload my freestuff????

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 2:43 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 8:30 PM

When can I upload my freestuff??

I have tons of items ready for Rex-Roxie, Pail and Pauline but I absolutely REFUSE to upload as long as everything gets thrown on a big pile.

By application, and then by figure, just like when this site "used" to work in the past.

Well, in the "past", was also had lots of visitors. Now most are gone.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 2:55 PM · edited Thu, 18 February 2016 at 2:59 PM

Apparently we don't matter vilters, what makes you think that such a vocal Rendo basher like yourself is going to recieve a freestuff retooling at your behest. Try ShareCG. Where else is there? HiveWire? A private blog? DeviantArt? It did sort of bother me that my things were being offered alongside skankwear for Genesis (hotcakes I tell you! Hot... Cakes!) when they were here. Nature of the beast. My only advice would be lateral thinking... play your own game. Not like there's a firing squad or anything, it only matters if you want it to matter.

Today's daily affirmation. :)

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

tonyvilters ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 3:01 PM

Yeah, but it feels sad to see a site like this go down by auto-destruction. The reason is not the members contributing. The destruction is purely by site mismanagement.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 3:25 PM · edited Thu, 18 February 2016 at 3:28 PM

I thought it was just me, but you may have a point. It is sad. But there's nothing to be done for it... rendo isn't the same. The whole community isn't the same. But, things go on. I don't feel particularly welcomed anywhere in terms of "community". But darn it, I'll keep showing up. Eat that haters.

Just upload your stuff here, I'm pretty sure the stuff you make will be welcomed by many Poser users. It's more likely to get buried with DS stuff here though. The freestuff here does get good traffic, but I like ShareCG. No wait, better promo options, a portfolio, a gallery, and good categorization. What's not to like... hell, I'd even pay a monthly fee for that kind of service.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2016 at 3:44 PM
Forum Moderator

This is an issue that has been bought up numerous times and it is still being looked into tonyvilters. Even I have mentioned this that we do miss the previous way of how to upload so items had more drill down options. At present I can not say if or when that will be bought back but the admin's are aware of this request.

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 19 February 2016 at 2:26 PM
Forum Moderator

This is so darned sad. We mods really appreciate the free stuff contributors and want just as badly as you do to have the filters so customers can find the free stuff they want quickly. Please be patient a little while longer. You have every reason to be riled, but again please give us a little more time to get things done.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2016 at 10:28 AM

One month has passed, and all we have seen is a new message to prohibit offsite freestuff links.

The ONLY way to get more viewers, the ONLY way to get more uploads, the ONLY way to increase traffic is by opening up the site.

The BEST way to chase everybody out is to add more and more of these , sorry to say, but stupid rules.

A working community is an OPEN community, where everybody feels welcome. Be it ON or OFF site. To get MORE information out, to discuss, to "show off" what is where.

I have no clue, and do not wanna know, who is at the controls here, but Renderosity has gone down at an alarming rate.

The forums don't work any more. The freestuff is a mess. And now offsite linking is out.

A GOOD site is an OPEN site. => See? Everybody is leaving. Is it that what they want?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.