Tue, May 14, 5:48 PM CDT

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:54 pm)

Subject: Fractals This Week#2

Lenord ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2015 at 12:12 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2024 at 4:39 AM

I decided to Lock the original Fractals This Week thread, it had gotten rather long (a dozen Pages or so) hard to find stuff. I'm starting a Fresh 2nd one.

Haven't been around on a consistent basis lately, lots of Real Life stuff going on Spring Cleaning and Maintenance around the Old Homestead and like that, some Medical stuff but things are settling down now and should be around more consistently for a while.

Going to get a new Challenge going soon, the Winner of the last one hasn't contacted me so I will give them a little more time then Pick a Theme Myself and get a Challenge started....

There has been a lot of changes in site Layout and more to come, things are a bit scrambled. Some may have noticed the Monthly Showcase is missing, it's gone, it's gone for good in it's old format I will be trying to get a New one going this week. It will be Weekly and Right Here in the Forum, a Weekly Thread with the Staff Picks from the Previous week, 7 to 10 images which you will be able to comment on if you wish, it's experimental so we'll see how it works out.

Lenord 

Fractals Moderator

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Mon, 20 April 2015 at 11:41 PM

What a mess, huh?

Thanks for trying to keep it going anyway, Len. :-)

Corrie 

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 21 April 2015 at 11:34 AM

Thank you for informing us, Len. I understand there is a lot going on. Take it easy, and we'll see what's coming up.

Good luck with everything, Len.

Mies.

p.s. Anyway it's a good thing I got an e-bot of this, hehe.

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 11:29 AM

So much for best laid plans......got some serious news on the Medical front this week, not going to go into it right now but it's not good. May be having to take a break from everything soon, I'll know more next week I hope.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 11:58 PM

Uh oh, that doesn't sound good Len.

Please keep us updated if you can/ want to.
I hope you'll be as fine as can be, soon.

Corrie 

dochtersions ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2015 at 3:11 AM

Hi Len,

I'm so sorry about what you wrote, sending you much strength, and hoping things are bearable for you.
Just write if you want to.
Love, Mies.

QuietRiot ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2015 at 6:26 PM

Getting older sucks. Sending you good thoughts and the strength to endure and overcome.

Lenord ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2015 at 6:06 PM

Well, long story short it's done I'm Home again, Recovering from Laproscopic Prostate Surgery. The thing I was talking about before was the results of that deal where they stick a Camera up yer Ass looking for S#!T(pretty obvious place to look for that stuff HuH!) surprisingly they didn't find any Bad S#!T in the Colon but the Prostate was another story. So now the Prostate is gone and no signs of the Cancer having metastasized anywhere else which is good because I won't do Chemo/Radiation again, it almost killed me before from the Lung Cancer years ago, my Heart wouldn't take it again I don't think. Don't know where all this puts the Hip Replacement now, don't really care either it's not bothering me so much right now, I just want to get back to "Normal?". So freaking tired of "Living" getting Interrupted by getting Old and falling apart, it's such a Pain in the Ass....this time Literally. Anywho it's all good, just need to heal, I heal fast always have, still do even with all the Drugs I take nowadays, get out in the Desert with my Dog and take a Ride on the Bike and I'll be fine again. 

My Daughter Phoenix and her Girlfriend Chloe are going to spend a week out here with me, make sure I "Behave" as they put it....Great two Bossy, Mean Crazy as hell young Ladies in charge, I don't stand a chance.  I may be out numbered but I'm still Bigger than both of them put together, Time to get back to being ME dammit....til something else on me Breaks anyway, for now though it's just Damn good to be Home again.

It might take a couple days to get caught up in the Galleries, get a New Showcase posted and get a New Challenge started but it'll get done. Nothing in my way for the foreseeable future that will keep me from doing the Moderator thing...so I'll shut up now and get back to it

Len

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 01 May 2015 at 11:48 PM

Man, that was quite something!
I am glad that is over.
And I really hope you keep healing as fast as you say.
Nice to have the girls hovering over you. ;-)

Just get well first.
Gallery and challenge will come.
No need to rush that. 

Corrie 

QuietRiot ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2015 at 10:37 AM

So glad to hear you made it through. You have the mental attitude that will get you through this, (kind of like mine). I'm still going to send you a ((((hug)))))

bakapo ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2015 at 2:13 PM

Hi Len,

Sorry about the health issues, but I hope everything is good and stays that way. This getting older crap is for the birds, I wish we could turn back time even if it is just for the health part. 

Take it easy and let the girls take care of you, too. :)

barb

Glendaw ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2015 at 2:17 PM

Wow that was some journey !

Happy to hear you are home and ready for your daughter and her friend to come and tow the line. LOL>

A outing with your dog and a ride on the bike seems to be a perfect start on the right tract.

Glad your hip isn't causing you much grief at right now, you have enough on your plate at this time.

Sounds like you will be back to your old self in no time, being a fast healer is a bonus.

Really missed you and Jim and I are happy to hear you are doing as good as can be expected.

Take Care Len !

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2015 at 3:02 PM

Not getting Ebots from the Forums....guess some things never change

Thanks guys, much appreciated Welcome back

Feel 100% better just being home, ZoSo was really happy seeing me putting on my Desert Boots this morning, we went out for a decent walkabout, think he loves the desert as much as I do. Think I'll wait a couple days for the Bike ride, that sucker is heavy don't want to pull any stitches, there's really not that many but better safe than sorry....besides the girls would kick my ass if I did. My Son and his gang are going to come out this evening, Char some meat and down some Brews watch something on NetFlix. Really good to be back around, not being able to do the things you love, no matter how small or simple they are just sucks....like I always say sometimes We ain't here for a Long time just a Good time..... Laissez les bons temps rouler 

Glendaw ( ) posted Sat, 02 May 2015 at 3:59 PM

Sounds like ZoSo was as happy about you being home as you were Len.

A little stroll in the desert with your Buddy is good therapy for both of you.

Aw I can understand to straddle  a Bike seat so soon could jeopardize  those stitches In a big way,

Good thing the girls are there to keep you in control.

Course I'm thinking your Brews should be Brewed before taking a sip Len.  LOL>

Have a good evening with your daughter and son and friends they know best  "Grampa".

Getting old really, really sucks at times, however you have a strong will and awesome sense of humor to help you get through this lot in your life Len.

Hang in there and keep in touch when time permits.

Take Care

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2015 at 12:18 AM

You're sounding relaxed, Len.
That's good. :-)

Yeah, no bots again.........................ah well. grin.

Corrie 

clifftoppler ( ) posted Sun, 03 May 2015 at 6:47 PM

Getting old differs from becoming old. Attitude is the difference - I just wish the body would keep up. You're giving it a kick, insisting on being in charge. Ancient bodies are usually the better for being pointed in the wanted direction, though its nice to see caution ensures a needful gentleness. I wish you luck and a fulsome quantity of happy days.

Cliff. 

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2015 at 11:24 AM

I've been trying for hours to get a new Thread for the Fractal Showcase posted and it won't post......I'll keep trying but this is getting stupid

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2015 at 11:35 AM

Finally got the new showcase to post...........................make me freakin crazy

dochtersions ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2015 at 3:02 PM

Hi Len, what a fighter you are, and all with so much humour and self-deprecation, that almost one couldn't take your words seriously.
About the e-bots, here also still not received them, and finally I'm here now, and read everything that has happened.
Your son and his 'gang' are, I guess, back home again; but I suspect you still have two strict overseers beside you.
Well, better in the desert at home, then in the wasteland of a hospital, and I am very pleased you have no metastases.
I also happy you want to continue as our 'good old moderator'  042.gifI though, I hope RR will be a little easier to work with.
Take it easy, my friend images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFvt4wxKPr-d8Q6kYdjHy :D

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 07 May 2015 at 5:05 PM

Well' I figure if you can't laugh at yourself and and the Bad or Good things that happen in Life then you are taking things far too seriously. Dwelling on the Bad just leads to sadness and self pity, living with either of those is not Living and I don't intend to waste any of my time feeling sorry for myself, I've had too good a life for that and I'm not done.

dochtersions ( ) posted Fri, 08 May 2015 at 4:55 AM

In dealing with certain things through humor and self-deprecation makes everything so much easier, and you can even laugh, rather than to whine or mope.
It is a great gift if you can keep smiling, especially during difficult things. I totally agree with you, and apply it to myself also.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 1:01 AM

I will try announcing it here because the two other new threads I made stating I am no longer the Fractals Moderator were removed.....I'll refrain from the details because I know that's why they were removed just suffice it to say I am back to being just a Member again. I'll be around Posting images and commenting on others works but I will have nothing to do with anything else here at Rendo.

dochtersions ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 2:41 AM

Have fun, Len by fully consecrate yourself to your art!

Mies.

peedy ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 8:52 AM

I guess that is a load off your mind, Len.
Enjoy being " just"  a member again. :-)

Corrie 

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 11:57 AM

Yep it is a load off, hated to quit but had to, just too crazy

bakapo ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2015 at 1:50 PM

Thanks for all the work you did, Lenord.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.