Sun, May 26, 1:25 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 25 5:38 pm)

Subject: Fast & easy Prop Deleting

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 10:54 PM · edited Wed, 22 May 2024 at 6:36 AM

Hi am looking for is if there is a script or something for Poser that can make the job of deleteing multiple props faster than it is now.

The one thing I wish Poser had was something like Daz Studio has where you go to the scene tab and click on the desired prop to me removed and delete it, and if it has multiple sub props they are gone too.

But my main gripe is that if I have a scene with quite a few props in it and I want to change it all, I either have to start a new scene or laboriously remove each prop one by one.

Is there such a script out there that can do this faster any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:06 PM

There were a few scripts to delete groups of props.  I dont know if they still run in Poser 9. try freestuff, poser, utilities.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:12 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:12 PM
Online Now!

Scenefixer by Snarlygribbly.  And it is free.  Works with P9 & PP2012.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:13 PM · edited Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:16 PM

cool thank you for that getting it now. ;)

Can you tell where else I can find it as the one link I have goes to poser place and well that link is as dead a doornail. :(

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:22 PM

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=d5660b717f843d157ce8bb92d09fdd39

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2012 at 11:27 PM

Cool thank you, I am not sure what happened to Poser Place I spose I never will. ;(

danidh ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 6:06 AM

Attached Link: Dimension3D

Dimension3D also offers a variety of helpful scripts including a delete one which you seek.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 8:13 AM

advanced figure manger is the quickest one. Even if I don't have much in the scene it is actually quicker to open and use the script, and also one can select a whole lot of parts and parent them say to the grouping object to move them all together, or parent a prop really quickly to some body part like the right hand.  

Advanced figure manager is one of the most useful scripts i have.  Making my comic would be really really slow without it as I am trying to make 1000s of panels.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quote - advanced figure manger is the quickest one. Even if I don't have much in the scene it is actually quicker to open and use the script, and also one can select a whole lot of parts and parent them say to the grouping object to move them all together, or parent a prop really quickly to some body part like the right hand.  

Advanced figure manager is one of the most useful scripts i have.  Making my comic would be really really slow without it as I am trying to make 1000s of panels.

Love esther

I'll second that, I have the figure manager open and docked along with other tools so that I can delete and group at will.  You can also select and deselect Windows style using the shift or control key while clicking.  Only problem I have is that it will not work with one or two light sets as the lights will not load if the manager is open.  That said I have been using it for well over a year and only two sets display this problem so no real show stopper.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 6:24 PM

I have found Scenefixer that hborre and markschum told me about is all I need  as it works and does what I want and the best thing it is free.  That other one Advanced Figure Manager is bit pricey at $20 and am currently funds are in short supply. :)

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 7:35 PM

well one day maybe.  YOu can also make a whole lot of things invisible all at once too eg all the parts under the jeans say, on several different characters in your scene. it saves a heap of time.  so quick.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.