Mon, Jun 17, 6:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:21 pm)

Subject: Trying out Nerd3D's Weight Mapped Vicky 4

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:55 PM · edited Mon, 17 June 2024 at 5:35 AM

Trying out Nerd3D's new wieight mapped injectors for Vicky 4 from the free section here and they work pretty well, if you look at the knees the calves dont disappear into the thigh like they normally do.

So I am really happy, there are a few minor hassles here and there with the collar area and shoulder blades but other than that, he did a fabbo job of weight mapping Vicky 4..

Weight Mapped Vicky 4

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 3:02 PM

she looked a bit tall in the above, hence I modified it.

ghosty12 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 3:10 PM

Ahh thank you not sure why it went like it did and not sure how to fix it. lol

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 6:42 PM

short answer: img size <=204,800 bytes; "attach a file", not "insert image".

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 6:27 AM

Ahh cheers thank you for that was not sure whether I had to attach or the other way thank you for the info :)

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 6:57 AM

Nerd 3D says: "This is not a full re-rig of Victoria this is simply a conversion using the same Joint centers and body grouping."

I tried this out last night with V4 and some crazy poses I hardly ever use because they looked terrible on non-WM'ed V4. It is a huge improvment, if not 100% perfect.

Can't wait to see what Phantom3D et al will come up with, but it sounds like it will be significantly better than this.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

ghosty12 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 7:16 AM

Yeah can't wait for what Phantom has coming too. Though the clothing side of it gets really interesting. Was going to use knee high boots in this scene but the looked weird lol.. But only due to me not fiddling around adjusting them to suit the legs.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 9:28 AM

Is there an easy way to tranfer the weight maps to clothing without exporting the clothing as an obj first?

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 9:32 AM

Quote - Is there an easy way to tranfer the weight maps to clothing without exporting the clothing as an obj first?

I think this can be done within Poser (Pro 2012) via Wardrobe Wizard, though I haven't tried it.

Adobe CC 2017

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 9:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - Is there an easy way to tranfer the weight maps to clothing without exporting the clothing as an obj first?

I think this can be done within Poser (Pro 2012) via Wardrobe Wizard, though I haven't tried it.

I don't think so, unless Phil has updated it to take into account weight maps.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 10:33 AM

Quote - Nerd 3D says: "This is not a full re-rig of Victoria this is simply a conversion using the same Joint centers and body grouping."

I tried this out last night with V4 and some crazy poses I hardly ever use because they looked terrible on non-WM'ed V4. It is a huge improvment, if not 100% perfect.

Can't wait to see what Phantom3D et al will come up with, but it sounds like it will be significantly better than this.

Sure, but it's a good start !

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Is there an easy way to tranfer the weight maps to clothing without exporting the clothing as an obj first?

I don't think so, unless Phil has updated it to take into account weight maps.

Page 543 of the PoserPro 2012 manual: "Copy Weightmaps: Provides the option to copy weight maps from the convert to figure into the converted clothing. Wardrobe Wizard will convert and save the clothing as normal then load the clothing and figure into the scene to facilitate the weight map copying process. Since the figure will probably be located in a remote library the user will be prompted to browse for its file. Upon completion the user will have the option to save the weight mapped clothing to a figure folder of their choice."

Adobe CC 2017

AnAardvark ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 11:28 AM

Cool.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 11:56 AM

file_476560.jpg

I just ran a quick test with Nerd3D's weightmapped V4 and a jeans figure run through Wardrobe Wizard. The flared bottoms haven't fared too well, but everything else looks peachy to me!

Adobe CC 2017

Gazukull ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 12:23 PM

To paraphrase, in order to use V4 clothing with weight mapped V4, we need to copy the weight maps to the V4 clothing?

Or was there another thread on this somewhere that I missed :D

• G

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 12:28 PM

Most likely, yes. If the figure bends in a different way than the clothing does, you will get pokethrough. 

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Gazukull ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 12:45 PM

Quote - Most likely, yes. If the figure bends in a different way than the clothing does, you will get pokethrough. 

Thanks for the quick reply :D  Now I just have to figure out how to copy the weight maps over.  I am sure it has been covered elsewhere, I just have to dig it up.

-G

Mark@poser ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 7:29 PM

I saw this in Nerd3D's readme:

Conforming clothing will still conform, but it won't work very well as it will still be using legacy rigging. Poser has a feature Figure >  Copy Joint Zones From … allows you to copy the weight maps from the target to the conforming clothing. It won't fit perfectly but it will be closer. There are other factors to make the clothes conform perfectly. Dynamic clothing made for Victoria 4 will work perfectly.

meatSim ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 9:18 PM

If its a full WM rig like Antonia weightmap then the setup room does a great job of transfering the rigging so long as the outfit fits the zero pose of the character

This one seems to be a bit of a hybrid so I'm not sure how well the setup room will do

Quote - I saw this in Nerd3D's readme:

Conforming clothing will still conform, but it won't work very well as it will still be using legacy rigging. Poser has a feature Figure >  Copy Joint Zones From … allows you to copy the weight maps from the target to the conforming clothing. It won't fit perfectly but it will be closer. There are other factors to make the clothes conform perfectly. Dynamic clothing made for Victoria 4 will work perfectly.

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 1:38 PM

file_476605.jpg

My biggest problem with V4 has always been her shoulders.  When they're bent, they crinkle, I usually have to adjust the pose in order to avoid the problem.  So, I downloaded the weight mapped injectors, applied them, and THIS is the result:

Sigh . . .

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 4:34 PM

Also, for little pokes, Poser morph brush works amazingly well, and quickly.  I was thiking about making one, but I just noticed there is a tutorial in the marketplace on how to use it.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 9:00 AM

Wow, I'm so inspired to get this freebie and use it now.  :)  Looks amazing!

anupaum ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 9:11 AM

file_476618.png

Ok, I've got it working now!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.