Sat, Jun 1, 4:54 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 01 6:55 am)

Subject: Problems with Poser importing.

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2011 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 12:18 PM

90% of the time, the clothing I'm importing doesn't seem to stay the way it is in Poser. There's always pokethrough, the pose on the clothing will change and half the time there's no way to fix it. I'm on Vue 8 importing from Poser 8 on WinXP atm.

My import settings right now are just "Group Figures as single mesh" since XP only sees 3.5 gig and it'll end up crashing with anything else.

I have the latest update for Vue8, and I don't have Vue7 installed anymore to see if that was a problem back then, though I don't remember it being that way in Vue7.

valmik ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 12:14 AM

file_468958.JPG

vue 8 works best for importing poser scenes..... i have tried all vue.. 7,8 & 9.

ths is the setting which i think u need to keep while u import poser scene in vue.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 1:23 AM

Allowing reposing in Vue will slow your system down considerably, it's easier to repose in Poser and Vue sense that you have made a change and asks if you want to re-import, just say Yes and it brings it in at the same location.

As to poke thyrough and pose changes, I've not seen that in 8 or 9. Try running the uncompress script inside poser, it may be that your imports are compressed and Vue doesn't like compressed files.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bigbraader ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 4:14 AM

You might consider using the Poser Collada export, and reduce the texture maps size in that proces. That's what I've been doing lately, works like a dream, much less resource drop etc. You'll have to tweak the textures a little to make them look good in Vue (bump, specular) but that's needed in most cases anyway.

If you want to repose your characters inside Vue, maybe consider setting up the lot in Daz Studio instead. Then you can import the Collada as a rigged, posable mesh into Vue without the Poser dynamics hosting problems.

bigbraader ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2011 at 4:57 AM

file_468963.jpg

A quick demo with the Daz Studio Collada export, poseable in Vue 8. I just found out that by selecting several bones, you get a sort of easy-pose function (the tail of the horse in the screendump).

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 12:31 AM

file_469014.jpg

I enabled the Repose option on import and that allows the clothed to import correctly. The side effect is Vue slowing to a crawl and the OOM error lurking everywhere I turn.

I found a site on the web with someone who was having the same problem as me, the above pic is from his site.

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2011 at 2:29 AM

Did you run the script as I suggested?

Do you have your poser set up properly inside Vue?

Are you using magnets on your clothing?

Does it happen with a particular set of clothing or just one set?

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.