Fri, May 31, 7:20 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 31 3:54 pm)

Subject: Poser Interface Background Turns Black

MNArtist ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 5:53 PM · edited Sat, 14 October 2023 at 12:27 AM

file_440472.jpg

I'm using Poser 7, and have been using Poser for a few years now, so am fairly familiar with it.

Suddenly, today, the background of the interface has turned black, rather than the normal grey color. I've relaunched the application, reset the general preferences to the factory defaults, restarted the computer, still...comes up black. Makes a lot of the interface really difficult to see - it's almost like the brightness has been turned way down (I know that makes no sense).

Edit to attach a screen print of what's happening

Has anyone run into this? I'm hoping to avoid reinstalling.

Thanks for any tips.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 6:19 PM
Online Now!

Never happened to me.  Although, could the interface color have been accidently changed?  I have manually changed my app background color for uniqueness sake.  However, you did mention that you reset to factory defaults and it didn't have an effect.  Maybe someone else might have an explanation and a solution.

MNArtist ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 7:09 PM

Well, it's fixed....sort of.
Very strange thing. When I reopened Poser again, I accidentally did a right click when the cursor was over the interface background, and it came up with a gradient slider menu, like the one that pops up if you go into the material room and try to change the background color in the pose window. The slider was pushed all the way to black. When I moved it, the interface background color changed. It's still not the factory default color, but at least it's usable.

Now here's what's really strange. I closed the program, opened it back up, and now when I right click, the gradient slider won't come up.

geep ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 9:57 PM

file_440487.jpg

*(click on the image to view it full size)*

You may have had the "Color" (C) Editing Tool* selected when you clicked on the background.
That is one way to change the background color.

• it looks like a little paint can - the 8th tool from the left

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

MNArtist ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 10:04 PM

That's it! I must have clicked it and it was covered up by the document window.

Thanks, Dr Greep!

geep ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 10:06 PM · edited Wed, 30 September 2009 at 10:06 PM

😄 Welcome!

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Daymond42 ( ) posted Wed, 30 September 2009 at 10:17 PM

I'm rather partial to the goth background, myself... :D

It's Poser: Hot Topic Edition. :D

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

geep ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 7:21 AM

Quote -  That's it! I must have clicked it and it was covered up by the document window.

Thanks, Dr Greep!

BTW ... Who's Dr. Greep? 😄

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 10:15 AM
Online Now!

Evil twin brother?

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 01 October 2009 at 11:02 AM · edited Thu, 01 October 2009 at 11:02 AM

Quote - > Quote -  That's it! I must have clicked it and it was covered up by the document window.

Thanks, Dr Greep!

Dr Greep is the second uncle of Dr. Creep. Who happens to be married to you mothers third cousin. But he also goes by the name of Mr. Naysayer according to ancestry.com. :tt2:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

geep ( ) posted Fri, 02 October 2009 at 10:27 PM · edited Fri, 02 October 2009 at 10:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -  That's it! I must have clicked it and it was covered up by the document window.

Thanks, Dr Greep!

Dr Greep is the second uncle of Dr. Creep. Who happens to be married to you mothers third cousin. But he also goes by the name of Mr. Naysayer according to ancestry.com. :tt2:

Whew ... Sure am glad we cleared THAT one up. 😄

Thanks grichter .

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.