Sun, May 19, 10:39 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 19 2:41 am)

Subject: Resetting Vue 7's Configuration Files

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 12:55 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2024 at 9:33 PM

Attached Link: blog.chipp.com

I keep forgetting where Vue 7 now stores it's custom configuration, preferences and environment files, so I posted detailed instructions on resetting them at my blog. I've instructions for Vista, XP and Mac users. Also, the location of the temp files are listed there as well.

Hope this helps some of you. Let me know if something isn't correct.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 1:04 AM

Looked quickly through itz Chipp. Good thing to have for sure. Two things I want to mention. First the Mac path .e-onsoftware/... is a hidden file and needs to become visible first.

Then since 7.4 I think the pathnames have changed again. The environment files are now under "user/library/application support/application name" and they are visible now.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 1:30 AM

Thanks Walther, I've updated the notes to reflect the new path.

Cosme..D..Churruca ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 3:34 AM

Many thanks Chipp,  a useful info.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 6:39 AM

I was amazed a couple of weeks ago to find that the library .prv files are no longer in the library folders but in some obscure place.  Why I wonder ?

Gill

ArtPearl ( ) posted Fri, 19 June 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quote -
Then since 7.4 I think the pathnames have changed again. The environment files are now under "user/library/application support/application name" and they are visible now.

Finally, very reluctantly and with great trepidation, I  updated my v7complete to 7.4.
First comment - with regard to the path name, I think Walther forgot himself:), the path should include the username. At least it does on my mac:
"user/(username)/library/application support/application name"

I encountered a problem already - if I click on the icon in the application folder the updated 7.4 program opens. If I drag the icon to the dock and I try clicking on that, nothing happens. (This used to work for 7.21).
(I deleted it from the dock and put it back, restarted my machine - the icon in the dock does nothing)
Anyone has any idea?
Sigh. I didnt even start working in vue itself :(

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

sirrick ( ) posted Sat, 20 June 2009 at 11:12 AM

Thanks Chipp, much appreciated. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.