Fri, May 17, 5:10 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 2:35 am)

Subject: New Sci-Fi Tutorials

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 7:16 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Listening to my daughter and her friends bang pots and pans at the stroke of midnight. Going outside (again with daughter and friends and wife), digging a hole and burning private 'Bad Fairy' notes from last year, then burying them. Creating a Sci-Fi model and scene tutorial using the free version of Vue 7 Pioneer.

All these represent my New Years Eve...how was yours?

Here's a speed render completed with instruction in around 37 minutes and broken into 3 different tutorials. You can access them all HERE.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 8:27 PM

Thanks Chipp!  Sounds like a fun New Years Eve.  Mine was rather boring - the best party seemed to be on my daughter's computer with Club Penguin...

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2009 at 9:41 PM

Cool tutes dude...very informative....and a cool image as well.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Wolf-999 ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 8:39 AM

Thank you for sharing it. Great Tut and very imformative!

Indoda ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 10:35 AM

Thank you - excellent tutorials

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

GaryMiller ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 11:22 AM

ur the best.  Thx for these

chippwalters ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2009 at 3:22 PM · edited Fri, 02 January 2009 at 3:33 PM

Here's another image from the same scene. I took the existing building and turned it on it's side and tweaked the twist parameters to the right. Added some interior scaffolding on the left building. Created a ladder and turned the ship around to view it from a different angle. The ladder is a quick hypertexture object just twisted. Same two lights: the sun and the foreground negative light. The blue glow is from an extra luminous blue layer added to the ship's hull, which had it's altitute set so it was at the very bottom of the ship. You can't really even see the luminous blue, but you can see the radiosity effect it has.

The full image is at:
[ http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1808082

](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1808082)

theSea ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 7:04 AM

thanks Chipp - you rock!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.