Fri, May 17, 5:27 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 2:35 am)

Subject: Vue 7 Pioneer limits and Christmas scene...

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 3:52 AM · edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 8:59 AM

I was seeing if I could create a quick speed render (based on an existing image) and modeled the scene below in Pioneer. I saved the document, then created a new document to model the trees, then I tried to reopen the first scene (with the merry Christmas text in it) and Pioneer barked at me and said,

"This version of Vue can only read content that is locked to your license. Non-locked content will be replaced with dummy objects. If you wish to import non-locked content, please consider getting the 3DImport module."

So, I had to open the scene up in Vue7-Infinite and finish it there. Bummer about Pioneer not being able to open content like text objects which it created. :-( Maybe not being able to open text objects in Pioneer is just a bug...

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 3:58 AM

What a wonderful look this has! So clean and vivid and colorful. Really nice. This would be a great christmas card.

Now, that is really strange that Pioneer can't open objects it created... But then, how would the program know if a certain object was created by Pioneer or elsewhere?... It would have to have some kind of signature and that's probably not standard.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 4:06 AM

Well it shouild recognize its own children, I think. So I would go for a support ticket.
Great render, Chipp,  love the blue hue, looks very cold!

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 4:16 AM

From a common sense point of view, yes, it should "recognize their own children" but if you look at the features list and comparative chart, there's nothing written of that sort. A 3D import is a 3D import, it doesn't matter where it comes from. So, from the "legal" point of view, Pioneer is just acting as announced when it doesn't import their children...

MyCat ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 9:33 AM

I guess this definitively answers the question raised in another thread, "Is Vue 7 Pioneer too seriously hobbled to do anything meaningful?" with a "yes".

Rutra ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 9:43 AM

Possibly there's a workaround. If Pioneer has the File -> Merge function, instead of saving an object as VOB, one could save one scene file for each created prop and afterwards merge it into a new scene. A bit twisted, but it could work, if the Merge function is available.

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2008 at 7:36 PM

Artur,
Nope, the problem is in the text characters. You can actually save and load your own metablobs as well as primitive, but you just can't save and/or load text objects.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 2:54 AM

Can you bake them to polygon in Pioneer?

chippwalters ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 3:15 AM

Bruno, 
You, sir, jest of course!

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2008 at 5:21 AM

Quote - the problem is in the text characters.
... but you just can't save and/or load text objects.

Including the loading the supplied text styles, so I think its the case that they've unintenionally over done things w.r.t. text objects, i.e. it's a bug.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.