Wed, May 1, 3:03 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2023 at 8:20 AM
Online Now!

Looking good but what was the collision settings against the  panties? Setting them a little higher could also do the trick.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2023 at 8:33 AM
Forum Coordinator

Good to see the front pocket holds well too. Bifurcations and layers can be a risk area.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2023 at 5:58 PM
Online Now!
jroulin posted at 8:20 AM Thu, 25 May 2023 - #4466357

Looking good but what was the collision settings against the  panties? Setting them a little higher could also do the trick.

I think I ended up using 0.5, as well. Higher values did not work so well with this pose, they led to ugly folds and self-intersections in the hoodie.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2023 at 2:07 AM · edited Sat, 27 May 2023 at 2:13 AM
Online Now!

So, I added some detailing to the front pocket and made the hood a tad larger so that it covers the head better. Unfortunately, I messed up the OBJ export a tiny bit, which makes the rolled-up sleeve morph looks terrible with this version. I'll do it again in a minute, and then hopefully I can start trying out more poses. I'm increasingly happy with how this looks, so yay!

VTU18ZVw8MXVEqP3o01ySIUGL1YnVSV0uEpibsZN.png

odf ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2023 at 2:11 AM
Online Now!

I'm of a mind to try making her some kind of kinky leather harness next, which will be an opportunity for learning how to include rigid imported meshes into MD and Poser simulations. Also, possibly a bit more in the tradition of female Poser fashion, LOL!

Adompha ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2023 at 4:08 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Antonia's always been ezBinv3WPWNF8ssvNbIL5TkcFVpSMBOGzSssN8kq.jpgmy favorite character model after V4. Here she is in "traditional  female Poser fashion."

serene ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2023 at 4:27 PM
Adompha posted at 4:08 PM Mon, 29 May 2023 - #4466690

Antonia's always been my favorite character model after V4. Here she is in "traditional  female Poser fashion."

Not quiet NVIAT!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2023 at 6:17 PM
Online Now!

Are you saying we need more naked Antonias in temples with swords?

Adompha ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2023 at 6:34 PM
Online Now!
odf posted at 6:17 PM Mon, 29 May 2023 - #4466698

Are you saying we need more naked Antonias in temples with swords?

Yes! ...Probably... Maybe?

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2023 at 3:33 PM
Forum Moderator

Hey Odf, I saw your renders of Antonia with a male figure....is he an offshoot/clone of Antonia or a new, made-from-scratch figure? Render me intrigued.....

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2023 at 3:41 PM
Forum Moderator
Anim8dtoon posted at 3:33 PM Sat, 17 June 2023 - #4468118

Hey Odf, I saw your renders of Antonia with a male figure....is he an offshoot/clone of Antonia or a new, made-from-scratch figure? Render me intrigued.....

Wait a minute....is he the only and only Apollo Maximus, by Anton Kisiel? I'd love to know what you did in the way of his skin texture as it's a HUGE improvement over the old ones! 

odf ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2023 at 8:53 PM · edited Sat, 17 June 2023 at 8:53 PM
Online Now!

Yes, that's Apollo. I just plugged the color and bump into a PhysicalSurface node and set the relevant values to whatever I had used in Antonia 1.3. The final shader looks like in the image below. The cascade of Spots and Blender nodes at the top was just copied over from Apollo's original material. I didn't use the displacement maps because they were too noisy and had too much striation on the pectorals, as if the poor guy was constantly flexing his chest. It might be nice to edit out the bad parts and use the displacement map for the nice veins, but I'm assuming the license would then not allow one to redistribute such a modified map.

jW7eDA7tePemmaRUufxrzz3jDUsw4d2RVtelYJpF.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2023 at 10:38 PM

I don't know, odf, the Math-Functions node connected to the ScatterRadius of your RGB is technically not doing anything to enhance your SSS.  And, personally, those values shouldn't be driven above one as in the case of your ScatterRadiusR value set to 1.4.  I do believe that the range is from 0 to 1.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 12:02 AM
Online Now!
hborre posted at 10:38 PM Sat, 17 June 2023 - #4468139

I don't know, odf, the Math-Functions node connected to the ScatterRadius of your RGB is technically not doing anything to enhance your SSS.  And, personally, those values shouldn't be driven above one as in the case of your ScatterRadiusR value set to 1.4.  I do believe that the range is from 0 to 1.

You're correct, the math node is just there as a multiplier so that I can finetune all the radii at once. It's entirely possible that the value above 1 doesn't do anything. But also keep in mind that the PhysicalSurface node uses different units for SSS than the Cycle P-BSDF node, at least as far as I can tell. My guess is millimeters, but one never knows with Poser.

While we're at it, the HSV node doesn't do anything as shown. Same story with that one, if one wanted to finetune the skin color...

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 1:45 AM
Forum Coordinator
Yes old figures can look a lot better with the modern shader tools.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 2:20 AM · edited Sun, 18 June 2023 at 2:22 AM
Online Now!

Hmm, there's a scatter scale now, so maybe they've adjusted the SSS settings in the PhysicalSurface node to the P-BSDF settings for Poser13? I'll leave it to the node whisperers to work out the details.

ETA: Anyway, the question was about the material settings I had used for a particular series of renders, not the *best* or *correct* settings. ;-) I've never claimed to know what the heck I am doing in the material room.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 18 June 2023 at 12:09 PM

Yeah, the added Scatter Scale is for fine-tuning SSS according to the model.  I would say anything between 0.01 to 0.02 with the existing ScatterRadius should be fine.  However, If you use smaller radius values then you would need to increase the Scatter Scale value to compensate, otherwise, you will not see any SSS effects.  By the same token, the larger and denser mesh the model is, the higher the Scatter Scale should be to compensate.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 1:23 AM
Online Now!

Just popping my head in here briefly to say that I'm currently taking a break from making and sharing Antonia content and instead enjoy just rendering images. I'm sure that won't last forever, but in the meantime, I have two items that are almost ready for publication and if anyone's particularly keen on them, I might finish them up or just "unofficially" share what I currently have.

One is the dynamic hoodie that can be admired further up on this page or in my gallery.

The other is the little morph transfer kit I put together some time ago to simplify the conversion of morphs from Antonia 1.2 to Antonia 1.3 a little bit. Poser's morph copying tools have gotten even better with P13, so now might be the time. :-)

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 8:43 AM

The morph conversion kit is an interesting item.  That should be very practical for bringing over additional existing morphs from the older version.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2023 at 8:49 PM
Online Now!
hborre posted at 8:43 AM Sat, 8 July 2023 - #4469542

The morph conversion kit is an interesting item.  That should be very practical for bringing over additional existing morphs from the older version.

Hmm, maybe I'll have another look at it then. Different parts of the original geometry touching or almost touching can be a problem - lips, eyes, brows, foot covers. It looks like this might have gotten worse in P13, but it could be dependent on the chosen subdivision level for the transfer. Some of those might be alleviated by tweaking the Antonia 1.2 geometry shipped with the kit (I have already made a small such change at her lips). Poser 12 also had some issues with the modified breast and crotch geometry, where a few vertices got misplaced and needed manual fixing. I'll see if that's been improved in the new version.

serene ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2023 at 4:47 PM
odf posted at 8:49 PM Sat, 8 July 2023 - #4469595
hborre posted at 8:43 AM Sat, 8 July 2023 - #4469542

Hmm, maybe I'll have another look at it then. 
Exactly the sort of resource we all need! Pleeeeze take a look at it, odf!

odf ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2023 at 4:17 AM
Online Now!

So, I just transferred and tested the extensive morph set by DieTrying, and that worked perfectly, including mouth, brow, breast and genital morphs, with the little caveat (which I already mention in the readme) that the eye actors can be influenced in weird ways so that morphs that change the eye shape or size may need some manual corrections.

Given that, I might just add some thumbnails and such and submit to FreeStuff as is. There's always the option of making a version 2 later, should the necessity arise.

jancory ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2023 at 11:27 AM

Would love to be able to transfer in the Die Trying morphs; every method I've tried so far has crashed and burned.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

odf ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2023 at 6:12 PM
Online Now!

I should point out that the transfer kit doesn't add any new functionality. It's just instructions on how to use Poser's built-in morph copy functions and two stripped down figures, one with a tiny change in its geometry.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2023 at 4:55 AM · edited Tue, 25 July 2023 at 4:55 AM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Felt cute, might freestuff later. :-)

Q0ioalvf6YU1qiwdF4dxSRE9tXUjUL4XE9836jkt.jpg

odf ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2023 at 4:59 AM
Online Now!

Oh, and the morph transfer kit is in FreeStuff now.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2023 at 8:50 AM

The Morph Transfer kit works well.  I like the idea of using stripped-down models for the transfer, it makes it easier to isolate and select the morphs.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2023 at 6:09 PM
Online Now!
hborre posted at 8:50 AM Tue, 25 July 2023 - #4471062

The Morph Transfer kit works well.  I like the idea of using stripped-down models for the transfer, it makes it easier to isolate and select the morphs.

That's good to hear. If anyone has morphs they'd like to transfer that don't work for some reason, let me know. I can't promise that I'll be able to fix the problem, but I can at least take a look.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2023 at 5:32 AM
Online Now!

Don't mind me while I make my first, very feeble attempts at makeup layers. Her left eye shows my first attempt at kohl, her right is where I'm at now. I may need to watch some tutorials on YouTube, though, because I've never worn makeup and have no idea what I'm doing.

u3c8TwSbF8zBjAa2wMAkPKNMqcDrSdeyZQpODl5N.jpg

odf ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2023 at 5:22 AM
Online Now!

Drawing layer masks in Blender is a lot of fun. Here we have kohl, eye shadow, lipstick and freckles, each on a layer of their own.

P9NlhHgE5msHYAKV9ukurKv1Fwx7UCaHaLpFwGKh.jpg

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2023 at 5:48 AM

really like the freckles.  eye makeup looks realistic.  lips are a bit too sharp at the edges, maybe need a mask?

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

odf ( ) posted Mon, 14 August 2023 at 5:25 PM
Online Now!

Thanks jancory! I'll play with the lip mask a bit to make the transition softer.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2023 at 2:28 AM · edited Tue, 15 August 2023 at 2:28 AM
Online Now!

How is this for the lipstick?

uyHyvGYtEDwcqZAVOHDnzevadSps6rCUU4CiJ660.jpg

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2023 at 7:37 AM

better!  i think though what bugs me most is the thin light line just outside the lips, which may be a side effect of a separate lips zone, since v4 has the same problem. (see this thread)

i have doodled around with lip masks and haven't been able to get rid of that with Antonia either.  maybe i need to look at the face texture instead.

-jan-

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2023 at 2:55 PM
Forum Coordinator

Much better indeed.

I think lips as a separate material zone is a bit outdated. Lips are best just part of the face, with suitable masks or layers for the extra color, gloss, and all that. 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 15 August 2023 at 6:50 PM
Online Now!
FVerbaas posted at 2:55 PM Tue, 15 August 2023 - #4472611

Much better indeed.

Thanks!

I think lips as a separate material zone is a bit outdated. Lips are best just part of the face, with suitable masks or layers for the extra color, gloss, and all that. 

I couldn't agree more.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2023 at 4:50 AM · edited Wed, 16 August 2023 at 4:50 AM
Online Now!

By the way, here is a closeup of Antonia's lips for anyone who'd like to go hunt for any issues at UV or material zone boundaries. My personal take is that it's just the shape of the lips and how they catch the light. If you search the web for closeups of human lips, preferably without makeup, you will see two things: number one, the edges of the lips can be quite sharp. That's something Antonia has been criticized for in the past, but I think she's well within the range of what those ridges look like in actual people. Number two, unless it's covered by lipstick, those ridges tend to create a slightly brighter outline around the lips. It might not be as obvious because there's much more detail in the face of an actual human, but it's there. Then again, realism isn't an argument. If those outlines bother you, they bother you. I just don't think there's an easy way to get rid of them except maybe by applying lipstick on top of the ridges, which indeed would be much easier hadn't the lips be made a separate material zone.

ydWn6OEgtF8lTOzF0ltIc5HZa6WxsjpaSUGPnpNO.jpg

jancory ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2023 at 11:51 AM

that sure looks good

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

odf ( ) posted Wed, 16 August 2023 at 6:37 PM
Online Now!
jancory posted at 11:51 AM Wed, 16 August 2023 - #4472676

that sure looks good

Sometimes I think the single best thing about Antonia are the fantastic texture maps that SaintFox and Digital-Lion made for her.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 5:15 AM · edited Thu, 17 August 2023 at 5:15 AM
Online Now!

My first attempt at blush. b3pWzDy9r8R6zgANVvYX5bPOOdm67z12dA0rIRUD.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 5:55 AM
Online Now!

She's becoming more and more gorgeous CdOyFUutBreK8FDDs4TvOSaixKquHlCmNLkh1duz.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 17 August 2023 at 10:29 PM
Online Now!
Y-Phil posted at 5:55 AM Thu, 17 August 2023 - #4472763

She's becoming more and more gorgeous CdOyFUutBreK8FDDs4TvOSaixKquHlCmNLkh1duz.gif

Thanks! Now you’ve made her blush. 😁

odf ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 3:00 AM · edited Fri, 18 August 2023 at 3:00 AM
Online Now!

Some progress (I think) on the blush, and also Antonia's first Poser 13.1 render. The SSS settings have changed in confusing ways, and I'm not sure if what I'm using here makes sense, but on the plus side, I fought with really annoying layer artefacts the past two days that the new Poser version has now fixed. Yippie!

KmvEvuJy2Cyp91qE2UUFeZb5JZexjXBKrRWyv6QN.jpg

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 6:24 PM

@odf what build of P13 are you on?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 6:34 PM

@odf also, what skin shader setup are you using?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2023 at 9:07 PM

I agree with everyone about how she's looking but that lighter line around the lips looks a bit odd.  What does your lip mask look like?  Could that be the culprit?  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

odf ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 2:50 AM
Online Now!

Okay, here's a new render with some tweaks that - I think - address both the SSS and lip issues.

@ghostship2:

My Poser build is 13.1.449, the first publicly available P13 build. Because, you know, I'm just an ordinary person, not someone fancy. :-) In P12 and P13.0, I'd been using the "Walk" mode for SSS on a PhysicalSurface node, which got results I was happy with. Now after switching to P13.1, I suddenly saw weird bluish shadows with that. I tried Burley instead and also dialed down the SSS amount, which made for a better-looking image, but had the typical Burley glow. Now the below is "Walk Fixed", also with a reduced overall amount, and I'm quite happy with that now.

@RAMWorks:  I don't think it's the mask, but since the lips are a separate UV island from the head (thanks MikeJ 😁), it's possible that there's a slight mismatch between the "head" and "lips" skin in the texture map. In the image below, I've darkened the lip skin a bit, which I think does a decent job of reducing the light outline. As I said earlier, there's also probably some extra light caught by the edge of the lip that makes it brighter, so personally I'd be happy to leave in a slight outline like here, but that's a matter of taste.

db76UhxUXWhaQ7eIyHeuNvQu9oJCugep9F21339p.jpg

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 9:25 AM

The lips looks better for sure!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 11:26 AM

That lip is nice and softly transitioned now, I think you got it; the freckles look food (a bit overlarge for what I have and know regarding face freckles, may be wrong) it's the hair that breaks the immersion with those highlights...

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 3:04 PM
Online Now!

Rhia474 posted at 11:26 AM Sat, 19 August 2023 - #4472960

That lip is nice and softly transitioned now, I think you got it; the freckles look food (a bit overlarge for what I have and know regarding face freckles, may be wrong) it's the hair that breaks the immersion with those highlights...

Was it time to eat for you, at that moment?   "... look food" 

RI2fbdtnj2MUPwslGVMwHSz4duAIhiH2PgsFl4t4.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.