Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13931 posts

odf posted Wed, 16 August 2023 at 4:50 AM Online Now!

By the way, here is a closeup of Antonia's lips for anyone who'd like to go hunt for any issues at UV or material zone boundaries. My personal take is that it's just the shape of the lips and how they catch the light. If you search the web for closeups of human lips, preferably without makeup, you will see two things: number one, the edges of the lips can be quite sharp. That's something Antonia has been criticized for in the past, but I think she's well within the range of what those ridges look like in actual people. Number two, unless it's covered by lipstick, those ridges tend to create a slightly brighter outline around the lips. It might not be as obvious because there's much more detail in the face of an actual human, but it's there. Then again, realism isn't an argument. If those outlines bother you, they bother you. I just don't think there's an easy way to get rid of them except maybe by applying lipstick on top of the ridges, which indeed would be much easier hadn't the lips be made a separate material zone.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.