Fri, May 17, 12:12 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 5:41 pm)

Subject: * * * Vue challenge for June * * *

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 11:54 AM · edited Wed, 01 May 2024 at 5:02 PM

Congratulations to ArtPearl for winning the May Challenge  !

*Here is the theme proposed for June :

My suggestion for next month's challenge is 'Dreaming' .
This can include places you would really like to go to,  Characters who are dreaming, or any fantastic or surrealistic scene.  Exercise you imagination as well as your skills!

Thank you very much  for organizing the challenge, and good luck to all for the next challenge.*

I will create a contest page for it next week once my home connection is restored :)

Good luck everybody

ArtPearl ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2008 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: Blue Sky Design -bigger image

Thank you very much!  In particular thanks to those who voted for the image. Please see the link for a larger version of the image, (and while you are at it perhaps you can browse the rest of my gallery:)  )

I hope you like the theme for June - please take part!
Good luck

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

Mazedog ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 7:08 PM

Hello,
             I am curious about the Vue July challenge.  I have searched around,
but I can’t seem to find it. 

My work told me I’m doing too much overtime, even though I’m on salary,
so I thought I’d start entering the contests again as I have enjoyed participating
in the past. 

Please let me know if the July contest is up somewhere, and I just haven’t
been able to locate it.

Also, if you need some help maintaining the Vue area, let me know. 
I may be able to help out some, as I do work in the IT industry.

Roaddog

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 9:24 PM

The June challenge has been extended to July.

My personal issues have finally cleared up a little - I promise the challenge page will be up this weekend.

The theme is still 'dreaming'. You can go ahead and work on a picture :)

Thank you for your patience.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 9:34 PM

Excellent!  I'm glad you're sorted - all is well that ends well:)

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 13 July 2008 at 9:52 PM

As promised and log overdue... the challenge page is up.

Rose ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2008 at 8:35 PM

Attached Link: Rose - The 3D Beginner Blog

I have a question.  I have the Personal limited edition of Vue and it won't let me re-size the picture to the minimum specified in the contest rules.

Can I use this version of Vue in the contest and can I use another program to re-size the Vue render?  I'm wondering if the render will look the same when re-sized.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2008 at 9:59 PM

You can change the size of the image in any 2d image editing program like photoshop or the gimp. (There are others) . I save the image from vue in the tiff format (no lose of quality) and then manipulate it in Photoshop and use 'save for web' to get the image to the right file size and pixel size.
I dont know what the rule about images generated by the PLE version is, the moderator will have to answer that.
Good luck

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2008 at 10:26 PM

There is no problem resizing the image you render with the PLE edition.

You can use any graphics software to do this. One of my favorites for these simple operations is Xnview - a free image browser and editor - but there are many others (including Picasa or the online version of Photoshop from Adobe).

Rose ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2008 at 9:25 PM

Okay, that's good.  I use Gimp as my 2d editing program.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.