Tue, May 28, 10:33 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 25 9:15 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Library Search

philadam ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2023 at 7:06 PM · edited Tue, 28 May 2024 at 5:44 AM

In Poser 11 when I go to the library I can search by typing the first letter of what I am looking for and I am immediately taken to that location.

In Poser 12 This doesn't work and I do not know how to fix.

Anyone have any ideas? 

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 3:08 AM · edited Sun, 23 April 2023 at 3:09 AM
philadam posted at 7:06 PM Sat, 22 April 2023 - #2978907

In Poser 11 when I go to the library I can search by typing the first letter of what I am looking for and I am immediately taken to that location.

In Poser 12 This doesn't work and I do not know how to fix.

Anyone have any ideas? 

I just tested this in Poser 12 and it works for me.  But I'm assuming your talking about the actual items under a category.  For example: after clicking into hand poses, i can type the first letter of a pose and it jumps to the first hand pose that uses the letter. 

Is this not what you mean?  I'm using PC though.  Are you on mac?

Previs Dummies 2

philadam ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2023 at 8:47 PM

If I open a folder it works, but not at the folder level. In poser 11 it works at all levels, the same as windows file folders work.

ShaneNewville ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2023 at 9:39 PM
philadam posted at 8:47 PM Sun, 23 April 2023 - #4463206

If I open a folder it works, but not at the folder level. In poser 11 it works at all levels, the same as windows file folders work.

Would you mind taking a screenshot of the view you're talking about in Library just so I can be sure Im looking at the right thing?

Previs Dummies 2

philadam ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2023 at 5:02 PM · edited Fri, 28 April 2023 at 5:02 PM

Just downloaded Poser 13 trial and it does the same thing. In Poser 11 Library list acted the same as any windows list or file explorer. At the folder level typing the first letter of a folder name would take you to that folder. After expanding the folder, if the list was long typing the first letter again would take to that list item. So it wouldn't make any difference whether you were at the folder level or item level, typing the first letter would speed up the list search.

lgewAKpr1YNhhL4rUXc0e1BuBY5livVdEd3BF6SR.jpg

Clemenceau ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 11:07 AM
Online Now!

I am having the same/similar problem with Poser 12.  I am using Windows 11.  When using search, I can get maybe 2-3 searches done in Poser, and after that, typing anything into the search bar yields nothing.  Poser has just given up.  The only way to get the search functionality back is to restart the application.  

It's hard to determine what is failing because I just installed Poser 12 on a new computer with a new operating system.  I was using Poser 11 on another machine with Windows 10 and search always worked.  

I did put my runtime in the D: directory (as opposed to C:) but if this wasn't going to work, it doesn't explain why the search function initially works for a couple of searches, and then stops completely.  

If anyone has an ideas or specific knowledge,  please clue me in and it would be greatly appreciated!

TKS

Heather

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 11:16 AM

There may be something that I'm missing, using the lib search but in my case it almost never starts searching when I'm entering characters, only the recent  search seems to react. To launch a search, the ENTER key does nothing, I have to click once, sometimes twice on the magnifying glass to the right of the input field

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

philadam ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2023 at 1:54 PM

Doesn't work in Poser 13 either, so I have filed a support ticket and they agreed that it doesn't work.

HartyBart ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 6:04 AM

Indexing a huge runtime takes time, on a new install of Poser. It might be that. Is the 'Yellow CD icon' pulsing for you? This indicates that Poser is still indexing the runtime.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 6:27 AM

Oh and if I'm not wrong, Poser has an option to ask to reindex at each launch, doesn't  it?

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 04 May 2023 at 7:16 AM

Yes, it does.  General Preferences.

jjoyner ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2024 at 4:06 PM

Hello.  I opened Poser 11 Pro this afternoon and did a search for an item.  The search produced the figure and its parent folder.  Until the very recent past, I could double click on a folder or item (or right click on it and select Locate) and be taken to the folder location in the library.  Today, neither of those two methods work nor does right-click/Show in Explorer.  Does anybody know how to resolve this or know why it may be happening?

Double clicking on an item does still load the item in Poser.

Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.