Sun, May 19, 3:22 AM CDT

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 12 9:27 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tutorial? Poser to Blender for morph targets and back.

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2023 at 11:39 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2024 at 3:20 PM

I'm looking for some help on a workflow for make morph targets for Poser 11 in Blender.

My searches of "Poser Blender morph" have returned nothing I can follow.

mo·nop·o·ly  [muh-nop-uh-lee]
noun, plural mo·nop·o·lies.
1. exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market,
or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2023 at 12:07 PM · edited Tue, 31 January 2023 at 12:07 PM
Forum Moderator

There are currently not many Poser to Blender tutorials that use the current version of Blender but Tony Vilters has some older ones that are still usable on Youtube  https://www.youtube.com/@tonyvilters5822/videos  They should work for the most part and give you a basic workflow that you can follow. I hope they help 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Tue, 31 January 2023 at 9:51 PM

Thanks. I'm not into weight mapping yet. Last time I was making figures from scratch I started with hand editing object groups into obj files, and then cr2 hacking.

I'm just trying to replace Lightwave with Blender.

Lightwave used to have this awesome feature called "Conform to Background" that let me cut a head in half without working about the polygon order and then once I had the poly's where I wanted, I could make an original head with the correct poly order conform an to the background layer by proximity to the points. Then when I exported back no exploding polygon heads.

I feel like Dr. Strange having to learn all new spells,

Lobo3433 posted at 12:07 PM Tue, 31 January 2023 - #4455097

There are currently not many Poser to Blender tutorials that use the current version of Blender but Tony Vilters has some older ones that are still usable on Youtube  https://www.youtube.com/@tonyvilters5822/videos  They should work for the most part and give you a basic workflow that you can follow. I hope they help 

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2023 at 7:53 AM
Forum Moderator

I hope you have success with the workflow I have never tried making morphs for charaters I mostly am into making props dealing with creating things for characters is currently out of my league. good luck :thumbsup:

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Tiny ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 10:27 AM

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread but for some reason I can't start a new thread. Please advice anyone. 

Joe@HFG ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 4:01 PM

Still working on workflow. It seems that Blender's OBJ implementation doesn't support object group as vector goups, which makes it a nightmare to join or recognize body part from obj import.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 11:02 PM · edited Tue, 28 February 2023 at 11:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Joe@HFG posted at 4:01 PM Tue, 28 February 2023 - #4457251

Still working on workflow. It seems that Blender's OBJ implementation doesn't support object group as vector goups, which makes it a nightmare to join or recognize body part from obj import.

OK think I figured out want to have all the body parts maintain their vector groups which in Blender will be Vertex Groups when you export from Poser when you get to the export options make sure all the follow boxes are checked 

Then when importing into Blender on the import options you need to change default split option under geometry to Keep Ver Order and put a checkmark in Poly Groups and then all the poly groups do show in the Vertex Groups see last screen shot. I still think there is a cleaner way to do it but have not found it yet but I hope this helps 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Tue, 28 February 2023 at 11:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Tiny posted at 10:27 AM Tue, 28 February 2023 - #4457193

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread but for some reason I can't start a new thread. Please advice anyone. 

Sometimes issues with not being able to start a thread you might need to clear your internet cache and which browsers have you tried creating a thread with and if clearing cache does not help send me a site mail directly and I will let the admins know about your issue 

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 6:10 AM

Lobo3433 posted at 11:05 PM Tue, 28 February 2023 - #4457288

Tiny posted at 10:27 AM Tue, 28 February 2023 - #4457193

Sometimes issues with not being able to start a thread you might need to clear your internet cache and which browsers have you tried creating a thread with and if clearing cache does not help send me a site mail directly and I will let the admins know about your issue 

Thank you Lobo3433. The issue for me is when creating a new thread I don't get "Blender" as an option for which forum to post in. It's been awhile so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. :)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 7:19 AM · edited Wed, 01 March 2023 at 7:20 AM
Site Admin

To allow the Blender forum to show, click on your name in the top right corner and click on settings. There will be a menu bar that starts with My Settings. In that click on forums and scroll down until you see Blender. Check that and scroll back up and hit the save changes button. You should see it when you go back to the forums.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 8:17 AM
RedPhantom posted at 7:19 AM Wed, 1 March 2023 - #4457302

To allow the Blender forum to show, click on your name in the top right corner and click on settings. There will be a menu bar that starts with My Settings. In that click on forums and scroll down until you see Blender. Check that and scroll back up and hit the save changes button. You should see it when you go back to the forums.

Brilliant! Thank you ever so much it works now. > Happy dance <

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 12:30 PM
Site Admin

Glad it works now

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.