Tue, Apr 16, 11:11 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 5:17 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2022 at 6:52 PM

SamTherapy posted at 5:40 PM Sun, 23 January 2022 - #4433665

The reason I ask for native morphs is, I have about thirty billion different versions of Antonia and I never know which one is the right one to use.  

Antonia 1.2 (or Antonia Standard from RDNA if you have it) is the latest non-WM version, and as far as I know there's only the one WM version by Diogenes/Phantom3d, which should be compatible with 1.2 in everything but the rigging (I'll probably eat my words here sooner or later because of course there's always something 😁). The latter also comes with the SaintFox/Digital-Lion texture included. I'd probably recommend to go with that for most things. I like some of the bends a teensy bit better with 1.2 but that's probably personal bias because I spent so much time on the JCMs. Also, these days (i.e. with P11/P12) it's pretty easy to hand-make a quick JCM on top of the WM version if a particular bend looks off.

When I get around to rebuilding my Antonia site, I'm planning to go through a bunch of third party content and check what works with Antonia 1.2/WM. In some cases, I might update them if they were made for earlier versions. So hopefully I'll then eventually have something like an "authorative" Antonia collection.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2022 at 1:09 AM

Speaking of the Antonia-WM package: the included Toni morph features a beak reduction with slightly fuller lips and leaves the rest of the face unchanged.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2022 at 8:45 AM

Thanks, mate.  I'll have to take another look at the model.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 24 January 2022 at 7:27 PM
SamTherapy posted at 8:45 AM Mon, 24 January 2022 - #4433700

Sam!!!! You're alive!!!! 😁

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 25 January 2022 at 10:02 AM
EClark1894 posted at 7:27 PM Mon, 24 January 2022 - #4433730
SamTherapy posted at 8:45 AM Mon, 24 January 2022 - #4433700

Sam!!!! You're alive!!!! 😁
I know; I can hardly believe it myself.  :D

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 January 2022 at 5:25 AM

By the way, people, I got the morphs suggested by Cage from Share CG, and they seem to do a very good job.  The nose morphs aren't as comprehensive as I hoped - and I'm useless at making morphs myself - but they are definitely a big help.

I also have the Zoe Heriot character that (I think) Cage made, and combining all the morphs from that makes a very usable model.

Thanks one and all for the guidance.

My Store

My Gallery

odf ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2022 at 12:29 AM · edited Sun, 30 January 2022 at 12:31 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I may or may not have achieved a pair of pants for Antonia that does not completely suck.

V7PM2rqNbo8aeKGGuYTdNQjFzgJwLM8Y6vsNmnqf.png

Pants are super-hard, so by my advanced logic they must be impervious to the alien garment death ray. :-P

dlfurman ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2022 at 8:20 AM
odf posted at 12:29 AM Sun, 30 January 2022 - #4434042

I may or may not have achieved a pair of pants for Antonia that does not completely suck.

Pants are super-hard, so by my advanced logic they must be impervious to the alien garment death ray. :-P

Those look fantastic! Great job!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 30 January 2022 at 2:48 PM
dlfurman posted at 8:20 AM Sun, 30 January 2022 - #4434056
odf posted at 12:29 AM Sun, 30 January 2022 - #4434042

Those look fantastic! Great job!
I agree.  I did a sports top and short pants for her on MD10.  Awesome job.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Mon, 31 January 2022 at 9:44 PM

Clothes, how do they work?

sfXk99vdox6JLSC2hkyHaY7Llv417LIBHV1iQFIL.png

odf ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2022 at 10:41 PM · edited Tue, 01 February 2022 at 10:41 PM

I'm reposting my latest gallery submission here because I think it illustrates nicely where I am in terms of clothes. I feel comfortable enough now with MD to make a basic, simplified wardrobe for Antonia, although of course I could *live* in that software for several years and would still have plenty to learn.

But I'm at a loss when it comes to doing anything useful with those meshes in Poser. For this image, I ran animations in MD to get the clothes into the poses I needed, then exported the posed meshes in order to load them into Poser. I think that's way faster than anything I could have done in the fitting room or the cloth room, but of course no one will be able to reproduce that workflow unless they have MD, as well.

I guess I could just share the raw meshes with some sensible group/material names and call them dynamic clothes? Is that what dynamic clothes are in Poser these days? Or is there a way to export settings without having to set up a specific simulation?

EFIQRueXeKELDERol4GOZYxwlI71ChKfln60hLm6.jpg

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 4:07 AM · edited Wed, 02 February 2022 at 4:14 AM
Forum Coordinator

You are getting on well! 

Yes what you do is more or less the route available for garments for application in Poser or DS: write the result for 'pick up pose', thin, welded, to .fbx, import into Poser, and go Cloth Room or Fitting /Setup Room.  You can use also .obj but more potential problems there with textures. 

If one owns MD one can export 'thick', and therefore 'unwelded' models of the garment shaped for the posed figure and just load it as a prop to render. This is typically the route the MDBridge for Poser was made for. The simulation work is done in MD and not in Poser. The MD Bridge uses .obj format because Poserpython at the time of developing offered no means to import. FBX.

With the free Jinny application CLO has launched now one can do tailoring/customisation and fitting without the need for having MD, and save in CLO format. The remaining hurdle is export to .FBX. For that you need MD or CLO3D, or use the service from CLO expected end Q2 this year. They need to get their pay somehow so they will most likely charge a fee. Same service can be rendered though by anyone who owns or runs a tryout of  one of these programs. This can be a scripted operation,  no human intervention needed. 

odf ( ) posted Wed, 02 February 2022 at 6:14 PM

Thanks for the comments, @FVerbaas! Exporting as FBX hadn't occurred to me, sounds like something to try. Also exporting as thick, unwelded for something I want to use in Poser as a static prop. 👍

Now that I've started dabbling with sleeves, I can understand your excitement about Poser characters that load in an A pose.

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 1:14 AM

Where did you get that pose?  It looks really good there, odf.  Love the clothing sims on MD.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 2:01 AM

jartz posted at 1:14 AM Thu, 3 February 2022 - #4434308

Where did you get that pose?  It looks really good there, odf.  Love the clothing sims on MD.

I'm not sure which pose you're referring two, so I'll answer for both.

The kneeling one is from the SaintFox pose collection that comes with Antonia WM. I think they're adaptation of old free Schlabber poses. I had to tweak a bit to make it work for pre-WM Antonia, but not too much.

The standing/runway pose I made from scratch. Sometimes I make my own poses, although generally I am too lazy. 😁

jartz ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 3:11 AM

Okay.  I was referring to the sanding runway pose.  Nice to know.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 03 February 2022 at 5:07 PM
Speaking of poses: are there any posing systems for Poser figures that use ERC in order to move several body parts with a single dial? I saw a video a while ago about a system like that for DS, and it seems that it can make posing much easier if well made.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 1:50 AM · edited Fri, 04 February 2022 at 1:53 AM
Forum Coordinator

odf posted at 5:07 PM Thu, 3 February 2022 - #4434348

... are there any posing systems for Poser figures that use ERC in order to move several body parts with a single dial? 
You mean master dials, something like arms up-down in the body actor of default LaFemme? Click the small triangle in the top-right of the parameters window and select 'create new master parameter'. You then enter the definition  and 'learn' process.

It may take a little exercise at first. 

odf ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 2:39 AM

FVerbaas posted at 1:50 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434364

... are there any posing systems for Poser figures that use ERC in order to move several body parts with a single dial? 
You mean master dials, something like arms up-down in the body actor of default LaFemme? Click the small triangle in the top-right of the parameters window and select 'create new master parameter'. You then enter the definition  and 'learn' process.

Yes, that kind of thing, but more elaborate. I should have been more specific. What I'm thinking of is a collection of poses each of which can be dialed to different strengths and which are designed in a way that makes them composable. For example, one could have a dial for left contrapost and one for right contrapost, then a dial for turning the torso, and various dials for arm poses, etc.

An important feature of that DS system I saw was that the individual poses kept the figure in balance. I think that's something people tend to struggle with the most when posing characters. For example, if I bend over at the hip, I have to simultaneously shift my hip backward or I'll fall over. As meat space entities we usually do that instinctively without thinking about it, but a Poser figure wouldn't.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:00 AM · edited Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:00 AM

odf posted at 2:39 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434365

FVerbaas posted at 1:50 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434364

Yes, that kind of thing, but more elaborate. I should have been more specific. What I'm thinking of is a collection of poses each of which can be dialed to different strengths and which are designed in a way that makes them composable. For example, one could have a dial for left contrapost and one for right contrapost, then a dial for turning the torso, and various dials for arm poses, etc.

An important feature of that DS system I saw was that the individual poses kept the figure in balance. I think that's something people tend to struggle with the most when posing characters. For example, if I bend over at the hip, I have to simultaneously shift my hip backward or I'll fall over. As meat space entities we usually do that instinctively without thinking about it, but a Poser figure wouldn't.

Do you mean something like this?

tgzL1xUNb0CiMQKsOtw0gOP3nBFFOmp2mFrci1LP.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:05 AM
Y-Phil posted at 3:00 AM Fri, 4 February 2022 - #4434366

Do you mean something like this?

tgzL1xUNb0CiMQKsOtw0gOP3nBFFOmp2mFrci1LP.png

Yes, indeed! That's what I mean.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:25 AM · edited Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:28 AM
Forum Coordinator

Of course a 'bend torso forward' dial can (should?) have a 'hip back' component to maintain equilibrium around body X axis. Same for 'hip side' to keep Z-axis equilibrium. For arms off-from-horizontal and off-from-sideways same, but to lighter extent, could be done. In the end it all adds up in a linear way. 

There is some margin because out feet have a support area larger than zero. In view of that the above may be sufficient. Weight of things held in hands plays a key role but  cannot be automatically accounted for. Weight is not a parameter in the Poserverse. To cater for that a general 'hip side-to-side' and 'hip forward-aft' could be useful. 

Poser figures have actors for 'centre of gravity' and 'centre of area'. I have never used them, not sure how good they are.        

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 04 February 2022 at 3:55 AM
Forum Coordinator

(sorry 'linear way' is by approximation)

chorse ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 10:30 AM

What is the latest version of Antonia that is available to download?  I have the original versions:  ODF's Antonia 1.2.0 & Antonia WM mod + WM ds4.  Is there a newer version to download?  

I was re-looking some of my old scenes with Antonia and wouldn't mind trying a newer version of Antonia.   I was like working with non-standard characters.  They offer a little something extra and pizazz to scene.

Thank you,

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 3:54 PM
Forum Coordinator

As far as I know there are no versions more recent than the ones you mentioned you have already. There is a V3 uv mapped version also. Quite useful if you want some skin variations. 

odf ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 4:19 PM
Yep, I don't know of any more recent versions, either.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 5:01 PM

Well: I need to do some "house cleaning" I suppose, because  besides the standard version, I have Afrodite Ohki's Advanced Morphs version (= "Antonia CleanMorphs"), 3 "Antonia1.2" + one "Antonia Polygon WM"

Here is a preview of AO's version, included its own Malice Hair: but it doesn't have any morphs for the expressions. I have probably missed something

aU3GmRzapfs9BBsFApMsDzNJc6OX5GwDOspLAK3D.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2022 at 2:29 AM

Ooh, fancy! I was not aware of this.

chorse ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2022 at 10:03 PM

Y-Phil posted at 5:01 PM Fri, 11 February 2022 - #4434682

Well: I need to do some "house cleaning" I suppose, because  besides the standard version, I have Afrodite Ohki's Advanced Morphs version (= "Antonia CleanMorphs"), 3 "Antonia1.2" + one "Antonia Polygon WM"

Wow!  I actually had these versions but did not recognize them because of their names:  "Antonia_Polygon_Standard_Edition_File_1" & " File_2"; and WM's: "Antonia_Polygon~WM_File_1" & "File_2".   The objects files are dated: ODF Antonia 1.2.0 .obj 2/27/2011; Antonia_Polygon_Standard_Edition: 11/9/2011; and Antonia_Polygon~WM: 11/11/2011.  These appear to be the latest versions. 

Thanks to all for the info. 

Look forward to ODF's latest version.

jartz ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2022 at 10:53 PM

Vcc9rKr4KWe9E6BDsG5g8yTGS1A9bdCGlS5mIjfl.pngMy attempt at working with AntoniaWM, using DT's morphs and MD - using Poser 12 trial (I had to bring my P11 scene in it).

odf ( ) posted Sat, 12 February 2022 at 11:15 PM
jartz posted at 10:53 PM Sat, 12 February 2022 - #4434716

My attempt at working with AntoniaWM, using DT's morphs and MD - using Poser 12 trial (I had to bring my P11 scene in it).

Wow!! I love it.

I really need to check out those morph sets. One day, when I'm not busy tripping over my own shoe laces... 😁

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2022 at 12:33 AM
odf posted at 11:15 PM Sat, 12 February 2022 - #4434717

My attempt at working with AntoniaWM, using DT's morphs and MD - using Poser 12 trial (I had to bring my P11 scene in it).

Wow!! I love it.

I really need to check out those morph sets. One day, when I'm not busy tripping over my own shoe laces... 😁

Hehe, I hear ya!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2022 at 11:10 AM

chorse posted at 10:03 PM Sat, 12 February 2022 - #4434715

Y-Phil posted at 5:01 PM Fri, 11 February 2022 - #4434682

Wow!  I actually had these versions but did not recognize them because of their names:  "Antonia_Polygon_Standard_Edition_File_1" & " File_2"; and WM's: "Antonia_Polygon~WM_File_1" & "File_2".   The objects files are dated: ODF Antonia 1.2.0 .obj 2/27/2011; Antonia_Polygon_Standard_Edition: 11/9/2011; and Antonia_Polygon~WM: 11/11/2011.  These appear to be the latest versions. 

Thanks to all for the info. 

Look forward to ODF's latest version.

Aha,,, This time, I'm even more lost lol:

VpaZ7aOFgB2dBQ4PoUmwsHPPxWh7HYzTPlXAn7KL.png

PhYl.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2022 at 11:10 AM

Wow 😍

PhYl.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2022 at 1:51 PM · edited Sun, 13 February 2022 at 1:52 PM
Forum Coordinator

Well done!

BTW: Which MD  version are you using? If you use MD 9: I must have an Antonia setup for the MDBridge for Poser somewhere, P11 and P2 version. Let me know if you want it. 

odf ( ) posted Sun, 13 February 2022 at 8:22 PM

Pardon me, but I thought this MD snapshot of Antonia chilling in mid-air in a pair of leggings was just too funny.

OJsDKkH0PzlvHIsRVifN0TobW8GroQOUBnsCslnv.png

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 1:14 AM

FVerbaas posted at 1:51 PM Sun, 13 February 2022 - #4434733

Well done!

BTW: Which MD  version are you using? If you use MD 9: I must have an Antonia setup for the MDBridge for Poser somewhere, P11 and P2 version. Let me know if you want it. 

I have Marvelous Designer 10, and yes, I'd love to have the setup for MDBridge. 

I'm still pondering on whether to get P12; I'm really digging the Adaptive Sampling and the fact that I can bring up and render older versions of my Poser files, but I digress. 

Anyway, back to the lovely Antonia.

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 1:15 AM
odf posted at 8:22 PM Sun, 13 February 2022 - #4434739

Pardon me, but I thought this MD snapshot of Antonia chilling in mid-air in a pair of leggings was just too funny.

OJsDKkH0PzlvHIsRVifN0TobW8GroQOUBnsCslnv.png

Looking good.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 4:43 AM
Forum Coordinator

MDBridge works for all Poser versions but relative to MD9 for MD10 the  MD devs took out key functionality from the Python API. Therefore on MD10 there is no functional MD side bridgehead and operation can be manual via MD menu only. This is not too difficult once you know the drill and the settings/ file locations to use. 

I will collect the stuff and write instructions. 

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 5:57 AM

Wow, she's coming along nicely.  Looks amazing in fact!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 2:33 PM · edited Mon, 14 February 2022 at 2:33 PM
Forum Coordinator

LOL! I sorted out my Antonia variants and I ran into a lo-res V3 mapped variant:

odf ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 4:47 PM · edited Mon, 14 February 2022 at 4:48 PM
FVerbaas posted at 2:33 PM Mon, 14 February 2022 - #4434768

LOL! I sorted out my Antonia variants and I ran into a lo-res V3 mapped variant:

Yep! Just like regular Antonia, the V3 remap comes in both low and standard resolution.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 6:45 PM · edited Mon, 14 February 2022 at 6:46 PM

Here's a little issue that I've struggled with for quite some time while trying to make clothes for Antonia in MD. Turns out her back is just freakishly straight, which some physical therapists might be delighted with (depending on their particular school of thought, I guess), but makes fitting anything properly to her back and chest practically impossible. So I'm now in the process of coming up with a new A-pose for her to use with MD that has a bit of a slump. Just bending the chest forward and the abdomen back, and pulling the collars down and forward. Original A-pose with zeroed torso on the left, my new tryout version on the right.

zza95KdevkEkhMZw3pnoiO3wwBzU9mEzaYCgB3OC.png

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 3:11 AM
Forum Coordinator
odf posted at 4:47 PM Mon, 14 February 2022 - #4434778

Yep! Just like regular Antonia, the V3 remap comes in both low and standard resolution.

I had completely forgotten about the lo-res versions. Will see how they work as basis for an optimized avatar in MD. Less points is easier cleanup and faster transmission. 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 5:15 AM
Forum Coordinator

Now that we have subdivision, morph copy, joint setup copy, the lo-res versions may become interesting again. 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 5:48 AM
FVerbaas posted at 5:15 AM Tue, 15 February 2022 - #4434797

Now that we have subdivision, morph copy, joint setup copy, the lo-res versions may become interesting again. 

In principle yes. Unfortunately for lo-res Antonia, I've occasionally used hard edges to keep the vertices in place when subdividing, which Poser handles in unexpected ways. So the eyes and nails get pretty messed up when loading the lo-res mesh into Poser and using subD on it. Possibly the teeth, as well, I haven't really checked. Pretty easy to fix, but that would require changing the topology and thus will require any existing morphs to be copied over. Possibly not too much of a problem, as you mention. For the eyes, it's probably best to plug in some alternative eye props.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 8:37 AM
Forum Coordinator
odf posted at 6:45 PM Mon, 14 February 2022 - #4434784

.... Original A-pose with zeroed torso on the left, my new tryout version on the right.

If you do not mind me saying: Maybe pull the neck beck a little. She now looks a little head-down.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 5:03 PM
FVerbaas posted at 8:37 AM Tue, 15 February 2022 - #4434809
odf posted at 6:45 PM Mon, 14 February 2022 - #4434784

.... Original A-pose with zeroed torso on the left, my new tryout version on the right.

If you do not mind me saying: Maybe pull the neck beck a little. She now looks a little head-down.
Yes, good idea!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2022 at 3:32 AM · edited Thu, 17 February 2022 at 3:41 AM
Forum Coordinator

Something like AntoniaA:

This is my grafty 2015-2021 model, but an 'official' version would sure be welcome.

I have been experimenting with A-poses for a while. I found that the grouping algorithms in Poser are not made for A-pose (and implementation lacks flexibility on T-pose), so fro PE and LF I made a grouping script for garment models. It uses a slicing method, so only makes the cuts one needs.  Sounds like time to add an Antonia cutting model. 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2022 at 3:42 PM

I don't understand what either one of the words grouping, slicing or cutting mean in this context.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.