Wed, Apr 24, 3:29 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 22 3:23 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Poser 5 to Poser 7 to Poser 10 to Poser 12?

deppler ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 9:43 AM ยท edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 4:26 AM

I have a bunch of Poser files that I have been working on and building literally since I first got Poser for Mac/iOS many years ago. I was sytmied in new work by the whole Adobe Flash demise issue, and none of the suggested fixes have worked. I'm about to reluctantly update the system on my Power Mac, and that will necessitate getting Poser 12...my question is if the Poser files I have been working with in Poser 10 will have any issues in Poser 12?

Thanks!

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 9:50 AM
Online Now!

Poser 12 needs Catalina or higher; Mojave and older OS need Poser 11. So if you want Poser 12 you may also have to upgrade your MacOS.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 11:13 AM
Site Admin

Your older projects should work in newer versions provided they don't need any python that hasn't been updated.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

deppler ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 11:13 AM

Understood...I'm concerned that my old Poser files will not open in Poser 12.

Thanks!

deppler ( ) posted Thu, 09 September 2021 at 11:15 AM

To: RedPhantom

Thanks! They open just fine in Poser 10 even now - I just can't get to the libraries due to the Adobe Flash debacle. It sounds like I shouldn't have a problem in Poser 12.

deppler ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 10:36 AM

I'm assuming because they still open OK in Poser 10 that that Python problem is either fixed or doesn't apply (?)...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 12:22 PM
Site Admin

poser 12 uses a different version of python than previous versions. Most poser scenes don't rely on any scripts so it's unlikely you'll have a problem. I haven't had any. There have been others who've posted concerns about content that relies on scripts not working, but I don't know what they meant.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

deppler ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:00 PM

Much obliged!

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 10 September 2021 at 2:33 PM

There is some content that had links to python scripting like V4/M4 Vascularity that no longer work in P12. Some free scripts that worked fine in the earlier versions no longer function with little to no chance of being updated because the vendors have left for other venues, quit completely or retired, or passed away. Even the beloved EZSkin 3 by Snarly only marginally works, some of the internal independent scripts are lost.

bizzeonline ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2021 at 2:24 AM

There is some substance that had connections to python prearranging like V4/M4 Vascularity that at this point don't work in P12. Some free scripts that turned out great in the prior renditions presently don't work with next to zero shot at being refreshed on the grounds that the merchants have left for different scenes, quit totally or resigned, or died. Indeed, even the cherished EZSkin 3 by Snarly just insignificantly works, a portion of the inward autonomous contents are lost.

Thanks.

Aakil working at Bizzeonline

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.