Fri, Apr 26, 1:36 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 25 12:52 pm)

Subject: (Mac) Poser's "Recovered Files" in Trash After Every Restart

thellamamaster ( ) posted Sat, 10 July 2021 at 12:02 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 4:08 AM

Hi everyone! Sorry if this is a silly question, but... Every time I restart my computer after using Poser, all texture files I accessed during the last period my computer was on are suddenly in the trash (in .exr format). I've had this problem for years, ever since Poser Pro 2014 came out, but I just ignored it as my original texture files were perfectly fine and untouched. However, I recently upgraded to a fully SSD computer and became aware that SSD shortens its lifespan with too many rewrites of files, so this worries me. These "recovered files" are often in the 500 MB range, and that's a nearly daily rewrite as I often shut down the computer when I sleep. I found official Apple documentation that these sort of "temp" files are frequently created by programs, but usually only result in "recovered files" if there was an error handling the temp files. I only experience this with Poser. Again, I'm using a mac. My questions are:

1. Is it normal for Poser to do this? And does that mean every texture I load is being duplicated into a temp .exr format?
  2. Can I force Poser to only create this temp texture once, without duplicating every time I use it?
  3. Is this amount of wear and tear a concern for an SSD?

Thanks!

CobraBlade ( ) posted Wed, 14 July 2021 at 7:21 PM · edited Wed, 14 July 2021 at 7:23 PM

The lifespan of SSDs has become a talking point with the entry M1 not having a lot of RAM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AckBUFi9U

I'm not too worried myself. Not really sure what is going on there, just checked my bin, and it doesn't look like I have this issue.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

thellamamaster ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2021 at 6:38 AM

That's an excellent link! Thank you. I did the math based on his numbers and if I averaged 500 MB for Poser each day it would take over 3,000 years to become an issue. LOL. Anyway, I guess it's no problem. Would still like to fix whatever Poser is doing, but ultimately it’s just a minor nuisance.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Thu, 15 July 2021 at 4:39 PM
Online Now!

Its emptying the Poser cache.

thellamamaster ( ) posted Fri, 16 July 2021 at 11:50 PM

PilotHigh posted at 11:42PM Fri, 16 July 2021 - #4423318

Its emptying the Poser cache.

Yeah, must be what it's doing. I wish I could tell it to not repeatedly create/empty cache files like that, or just do it all behind the scenes. Oh well. Thanks for everybody's input!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.