Thu, Mar 28, 4:26 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Feb 28 7:20 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Snarly's scripts and Poser 12

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 6:16 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 9:59 PM

Some of you will have seen the blog post drawing your attention to the changes in Poser Python expected in Poser 12. You may be worried that some of your scripts will stop working.

This is just to let you know that I shall be making sure that all of my scripts will work in Poser 12, and they will remain free (of course).

Additionally, it may be possible for me to update my pre-Poser 11 scripts to work with Superfly too. I can't promise that, but it is an aspiration. Time is the enemy, but it is something I'd like to do.

it may also be possible to update some of Dimension 3D's scripts so that they remain usable in Poser 12. If this happens, it will be with the co-operation of Renderosity and D3D's estate, and D3D's estate will be the financial beneficiary of the exercise.

Cheers, Snarly

ezs.jpg

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 6:37 AM

Cheers, mate!

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 6:47 AM

Very good news indeed. Thanks!

CHK2033 ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 2:15 PM

Thats new (or just not released) EZScene/EZSkin4 ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 11 June 2020 at 3:53 PM

WOOT!! This is really good news Snarly, so I look forward to the updates when P12 hits the scene. 😉

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

ghostman ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 3:10 AM

Happy news. 😀

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Rosie-D ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 9:08 AM

Thank you Snarly - I use scene fixer and EZskin all the time plus various other scripts of yours when needed - any possibility of being able to use some of D3D's scripts in Poser 12 would be very welcome. Stretches time extensively to be of help...😀

Have you ever spent days and days and days making up flavors of ice cream that no one’s ever eaten before….... - Delirium (Brief Lives)

jura11 ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 12:14 PM

Thank you Snarly for your work and dedication mate, really appreciate it for that

Thanks, Jura

-renapd- ( ) posted Fri, 12 June 2020 at 11:59 PM
Site Admin

This is fantastic news and you are the best! Your scripts are precious to me! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 2:32 PM

You're a good man, Snarly ;)

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 4:17 PM · edited Sat, 13 June 2020 at 4:18 PM

LaurieA posted at 10:16PM Sat, 13 June 2020 - #4391793

You're a good man, Snarly ;)

Oh, stop it now! I have a reputation to keep up, y'know! Snarlies are ebil. Everyone knows that.

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 4:22 PM

CHK2033 posted at 10:18PM Sat, 13 June 2020 - #4391542

Unreleased. Untested. Undocumented. Sadly, I no longer have enough time or the necessary support network (testers etc.) for major new releases.

It'll be all I can do to update the existing stuff, so that's where I'll concentrate my energies.

structure ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 4:41 PM
Forum Coordinator

anytime you need a tester snarly - I am willing

Locked Out

caisson ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 5:33 PM

Snarly - I can find time to help with testing and documentation should you need it.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Sat, 13 June 2020 at 7:47 PM · edited Sat, 13 June 2020 at 7:50 PM

Snarlygribbly posted at 7:29PM Sat, 13 June 2020 - #4391807

CHK2033 posted at 10:18PM Sat, 13 June 2020 - #4391542

Unreleased. Untested. Undocumented. Sadly, I no longer have enough time or the necessary support network (testers etc.) for major new releases.

It'll be all I can do to update the existing stuff, so that's where I'll concentrate my energies.

Understandable, I'm actually kind of bummed out now as I got all excited by that screen shot as EZSkin is the first thing I install on poser always , and most times the only thing. so much so that in my mind, that is a part of the install of Poser, Oh well, hopefully you get the support network for your work you so rightfully deserve.

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 3:21 AM

Stupid noob question:

Would it still be possible to prepare a scene in Poser 11, apply the python scripts there, and then export it to Poser 12 for further modifications and rendering?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 6:50 AM
Forum Moderator

While I can't say for sure because I have nothing to do with Poser's development, given its track record for being able to open older files, I'd guess yes, you could. However, that being said, that may not work in practice. If I create a scene mostly in 11 and then load it into 12 to add materials using the cycles that weren't included in 11 but hopefully will be in 12, and then I realize I need to run a script say ezcloth for a dress I decided would work better for the scene, I can't. If ezcloth isn't updated, it likely won't run in 12. But if I reload the scene in 11, I will lose all the updates made in 12 that aren't part of 11, like the new nodes.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 14 June 2020 at 10:20 AM · edited Sun, 14 June 2020 at 10:20 AM

Thank you, Snarly! If Netherworks does not update his scripts, Poser 12 will be a no-go for me.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 12:19 AM

Snarly, I would be honored to be a tester!!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 2:34 AM · edited Tue, 16 June 2020 at 2:35 AM

What about the scripts that come included with Poser? I know some of those are D3D's, but what about the rest of them? Will they continue to work? Will Bondware be responsible for making sure they are updated?

ader ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2020 at 5:47 PM

Fantastic news! If you need anything testing on Mac just let me know.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2020 at 2:29 AM

Thank you Snarly. Good on you.

Eternal Hobbyist

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Sun, 21 June 2020 at 11:17 AM

Amazing, thank you.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

HartyBart ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2020 at 1:33 PM

I've just stumbled on this news. Let me also add my thanks for your generous offer.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Thu, 16 July 2020 at 4:39 PM

And me as well. Thank you snarrly.

722 ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2020 at 12:46 AM

that's awesome to here . The Binary Morph Editor isn't working right it's not applying the master dial in the body only in the body part.

movida ( ) posted Fri, 31 July 2020 at 7:14 PM

Thank you so much :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 01 August 2020 at 11:32 AM

Thanks so much Snarly! Grrrrrrrrr 😜

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

LostAlien ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 12:16 PM

Hi Snarlygribbly,

Have been waiting for your fantastic scripts... In fact, I have just upgraded to poser 12 (still have Poser 11 running too).

Do you need any help with them? Perhaps I could help test, or something?

Just wanted to say how much of a fan I am and that your scripts, such as Ezskin, have meant that poser still lives!

Thank you for everything you have done to keep Poser living and breathing, without your scripts it would have died.

Looking forward to getting them, would be great to have an update?

All the best... LA

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2021 at 8:34 PM

It would be nice to have those scripts available ASAP, however, P12 is still being developed, and many features have either not been corrected yet or may have become broken in the process. It would be foolish to release the new scripts now and then have to update them because of some P12 changes.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 3:35 PM

Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman. Thank you!

image.png

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 7:13 PM

So...I apologize for the semi-hijack, but I can't see the post you're reacting to. Ohki. I saw this afternoon Digitell posted, but the post is invisible to me and I don't understand why. What is it??

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 7:16 PM · edited Mon, 22 February 2021 at 7:17 PM

Rhia474 posted at 7:15PM Mon, 22 February 2021 - #4413615

So...I apologize for the semi-hijack, but I can't see the post you're reacting to. Ohki. I saw this afternoon Digitell posted, but the post is invisible to me and I don't understand why. What is it??

Don't mind me, that was me not realizing this thread is old - I was thanking Snarly for the promise of p12 scripts. The posts before mine were just asking about them. I don't see any by Digitell.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 22 February 2021 at 7:20 PM

Ah, so the 'post' must have been them moving this thread from somewhere then. I'm smart sometimes. Really waiting for this script to be released with bated breath. had a Monday

cymbidium ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 1:49 PM

Just found this thread. I use your EZSkin all the time, Snarly, and I have to say I'm totally lost without it in Poser 12! I really hope you manage to get it updated soon. Poser 12 is not a good place for SSS skin texture creation without it right now. Thank you so much for all your hard work now and in the past!! :)

Grossmann ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 12:09 AM

So many empty words.... now is may 2021 and I regret that i bought poser12

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 10:38 AM

Goodness. SO much negativity. What happened to understanding limited resources, development cycles and that literally most of these scripts were and will be FREE?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 4:40 PM

Snarly at one time was going to give it all up but he reconsidered and returned. He has volunteered his time and effort towards these projects so a little respect and consideration is the best anyone should give him.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 5:43 PM

I totally agree with Rhia & hborre

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 5:47 PM

Y-Phil posted at 5:45PM Sun, 02 May 2021 - #4418219

I totally agree with Rhia & hborre

Me too! I was thrilled when I heard Snarly was going to be updating his scripts. Goodness knows I depend on several of them regularly.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

Grossmann ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 12:51 AM

Oh i see it's hard to understand. So sorry... But

"Snarlygribbly opened this issue on Jun 11, 2020" ...

And ----- still nothing working under poser 12. And really i'm not interested with free scripts. I can to pay for them but i need them working. I don't need promises and beautiful words. I don't need problems every time python change. I need only working scripts........ Sorry

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 9:45 AM · edited Mon, 03 May 2021 at 9:45 AM

But that's just it. Every time Python changes, scripts will NOT work. It happened before, I have several scripts I paid for that stopped working WAYYY before Bondware acquired Poser, in fact. it was under the same owner. A lot less yelling then, I recall.

Python 2 is done, gone, finished. Previous owner did not care even though this was a known issue. When it changed hands all official scripts that came with program were updated. Third party scripts cannot be worked by official owner unless they are allowed to, or owner works it.

As I am not a coder, I can't update scripts myself as some have done. I am willing to be patient, and yes, at this point I would also be glad to pay.

But there is no need to assign blame where there is furious paddling behind the scenes to get things fixed.

One can't please everyone, I guess.

hflam ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 10:43 AM

If Pose itself has a better material conversion between superfly and firefly, people will not need a 3rd party script for the job. It is the developer fault, not Snarlygribbly.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 03 May 2021 at 11:20 AM

hflam posted at 11:17AM Mon, 03 May 2021 - #4418291

If Pose itself has a better material conversion between superfly and firefly, people will not need a 3rd party script for the job. It is the developer fault, not Snarlygribbly.

Oh? Can you quote the name of a program that can "automatically" convert material settings designed for an interpretation of the reality of the lighting (which de facto includes math shortcuts) towards an almost true PBR? and vice-versa? for absolutely all possible cases?

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Grossmann ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 9:15 AM

Rhia474 posted at 9:11AM Tue, 04 May 2021 - #4418282

But that's just it. Every time Python changes, scripts will NOT work. It happened before, I have several scripts I paid for that stopped working WAYYY before Bondware acquired Poser, in fact. it was under the same owner. A lot less yelling then, I recall.

Python 2 is done, gone, finished. Previous owner did not care even though this was a known issue. When it changed hands all official scripts that came with program were updated. Third party scripts cannot be worked by official owner unless they are allowed to, or owner works it.

As I am not a coder, I can't update scripts myself as some have done. I am willing to be patient, and yes, at this point I would also be glad to pay.

But there is no need to assign blame where there is furious paddling behind the scenes to get things fixed.

so... everyone quits with each other and it will still be as it is... Waste money and time becouse software (Poser) developer have paying him users deep i his ass....Why we haven't any chance to chose which python version we want to have ?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 9:30 AM

Grossmann posted at 9:21AM Tue, 04 May 2021 - #4418379

Rhia474 posted at 9:11AM Tue, 04 May 2021 - #4418282

so... everyone quits with each other and it will still be as it is... Waste money and time becouse software (Poser) developer have paying him users deep i his ass....Why we haven't any chance to chose which python version we want to have ?

Why not allow us to choose which Python version? because it would imply a huge increase in the management of the software itsel, the APIs, etc. No company does this, no company can.

All languages and frameworks evolve. Better computers, larger diffusion, the reasons aren'nt missing. And each software company, one day or the other, must either face it or give up. Not only Bondware, SmithMicro, every company with a software that is using "shared" code is concerned. Daz is concerned too, as the framework that are (or were?) using had come to an end-od-life, with no more support.

PhYl.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 04 May 2021 at 10:44 AM

Let's try this again. No reputable software company uses deprecated programming language for products they sell. If something is no longer supported by the actual company who released it, the chance of malicious code creep increases exponentially, for one. Python 2 is no longer supported by the owner. You can write in it, sure, for your own use. But no new software will accept your scripts. I am done trying to explain this. Not sure how we could do it better.

LostAlien ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 3:42 AM

I think Snarly is great - His scripts are simply awesome...

All this stuff about Python versions is a distraction from the thread - Truth is that if a software provider changes something and "deprecates" components, then they should really provide a path to migrate existing scripts - It is part of their accountability - We are using their product to make things - If they want to future-proof their product and therefore keep their customer base, then that is the obvious thing to do.

They used to do it - Even Microsoft (to a degree)...

Greed is the issue - It costs more so they cannot be bothered and push all the fixing out to the community...

That includes Bondware/Poser - They have a beautiful product and should really have produced the equivalent of Ezskin so that both render engines can be used.

And any future render engines...

Snarly does his work out of the kindness of his heart and we are all using it free - He has to put up with what the corporates do but is not responsible for their behaviour.

Perhaps we should support Snarly and find out what we can do to help him convert the scripts that we know and love so much.

Or ask Bondware to help him convert it, pay him for the product and include it as part of Poser... win, win, win

LA

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 8:38 AM

One of the issues that have arisen with the release of P12 is the correction of many nodes that were not working properly from the beginning from P11. Without addressing those needs first, any Python Scripts created for P12 would need to be updated as well, especially those involving specialty nodes. Imagine the outrage of users relying on those Scripts having to update them on a regular basis just to keep up with the builds. Many of us Early Adopters have reported countless support tickets on problems that transcended from P11 and those unintentionally broken by tech support. It has taken time, maybe a little too long, but in the long run, we may have a better product to work with. Many have managed to find work arounds and at the same time have learned Poser a little bit better.

LostAlien ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 9:16 AM

hborre posted at 9:13AM Thu, 20 May 2021 - #4419568

One of the issues that have arisen with the release of P12 is the correction of many nodes that were not working properly from the beginning from P11. Without addressing those needs first, any Python Scripts created for P12 would need to be updated as well, especially those involving specialty nodes. Imagine the outrage of users relying on those Scripts having to update them on a regular basis just to keep up with the builds. Many of us Early Adopters have reported countless support tickets on problems that transcended from P11 and those unintentionally broken by tech support. It has taken time, maybe a little too long, but in the long run, we may have a better product to work with. Many have managed to find work arounds and at the same time have learned Poser a little bit better.

What do you mean by "Correction of many nodes"? I have been using Poser forever, but please forgive me, I just not sure what his means.

Might be the Covid jab I had last night... (Feeling a bit scattered today and my arm hurts, but glad I had it)

LA

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 20 May 2021 at 10:31 AM

For example, it has been found that the anisotropic setting was not working correctly in P12 Superfly, something that was corrected in the latest builds. I also believe that the specular node was not working as it should since P11 for Superfly, another feature that was actually broken for a long time and recently corrected. HDR background projection was broken in one of the builds, I was one of the first to report the problem. A good number of these problems have been posted in the forum and subsequently reported to the techs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.