Tue, Apr 16, 4:33 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 15 3:49 pm)

Subject: Genesis 8 in Poser 11

willdial ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 10:43 PM · edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 4:19 AM

I was able to import Genesis 8 into Poser 11 by following the same steps for Genesis 3. The Genesis 3 Poser Updater converted Genesis 8 with out errors. I still want to run some more tests to make sure everything works. It looks like Genesis 8 is a minor update of Genesis 3 and that is why the Updater worked.

I'll post more soon.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2017 at 10:56 PM

I was wondering if Your utility would support Genesis 8.

adzan ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 4:01 AM · edited Thu, 22 June 2017 at 4:03 AM

Just a question.

Do you actually need to run the Genesis 3 Poser Updater on Genesis 8 once you have converted G8 to a TriAx(s) weight mapped figure?

Genesis 8 is set up differently and the face expressions are already exposed so should work in the same way as genesis 2 and not need to be updated.

adzan ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 5:05 AM · edited Thu, 22 June 2017 at 5:08 AM

adzan posted at 5:02AM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308188

Just a question.

Do you actually need to run the Genesis 3 Poser Updater on Genesis 8 once you have converted G8 to a TriAx(s) weight mapped figure?

Genesis 8 is set up differently and the face expressions are already exposed so should work in the same way as genesis 2 and not need to be updated.

lol - i'll answer my own question - most of it works but the HD expression are ghastly haha - so yep you'd need to run her through the Genesis Poser Updater.

Thank you for creating it willdial, think i'd be very sad otherwise

Kazam561 ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 4:15 PM

Thank you!

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

gorgnosh ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 4:17 PM

Will there be an easier process forthcoming to use this in OSX?

Rae_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 8:39 PM

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I didn't know G3 could be imported into poser, thanks

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 22 June 2017 at 10:34 PM

Rae134 posted at 9:33PM Thu, 22 June 2017 - #4308277

Could someone please point me in the right direction? I didn't know G3 could be imported into poser, thanks

Render DAZ Genesis 3 in Poser!!!!!! Now you can-FREE! :)

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 5:23 AM
Online Now!

"It looks like Genesis 8 is a minor update of Genesis 3 and that is why the Updater worked."

That's a very interesting sentence lol and that's what I think when I see G3 and G8 on the same image....

My Renderosity Store

Razor42 ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2017 at 9:38 PM · edited Fri, 23 June 2017 at 9:42 PM
Online Now!

"It looks like Genesis 8 is a minor update of Genesis 3 and that is why the Updater worked."

This is misleading and relates to Genesis 8/ Genesis 3 when either are ported across to Poser only. In truth, when porting to Poser much of the original functionality of the latest Daz 3D figures are lost. And your comment speaks more about the porting process itself, than the actual figure capabilities.

The vast majority of improvements with Genesis 8 are strangely focused on usage within Daz Studio which is the platform the figure is designed for.

Some of Genesis 8 new features.

Better expression control with Powerpose - link to vid here

New Eyelash setup

Switched to A pose for better shoulder realism when posing

Fantastic New Skin shaders

Muscle Flexions and improved rigging

Mesh improvements and refinement

victoria-8-main.jpg

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 12:16 AM

You didn't need to copy and paste DAZ's promotion material here. I and several others feel that the improvements are minor. We have a difference of opinion and that is all.

Perhaps you can help me. For the past two years, I have not been able to find a comparison of Genesis 3's Dual Quaternion bends versus Triax bends. If you get a chance, could you post up a comparison of the methods. I'm sure that others would like to see that as well.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:49 AM · edited Sat, 24 June 2017 at 1:50 AM
Online Now!

I didn't copy and paste anything. I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider an image of Genesis 8 on its native platform relevant. The same with a list of some of the main features on it's native platform in the context of a discussion about porting Genesis 8 to a non-native platform. Surely the success of any port is in how faithful it is to the original? How well the features of the original are translated to the new platform?

Genesis 8 is made up of a numerous parts, translating a single part or even a few pieces doesn't make a translation equal to the original. For example imo one of the major advances with Genesis 8 is in the new skin shader which provides some of the most realistic skin I've seen, the new shader features high quality glossiness and SS in renders(As you can see in the above image). Or even how easy creating expressions has become with the use of the Powerpose editor.

Do you consider these aspects when assessing the improvements or just disregard them because it's not possible to port them using the current process? If you remove enough features in a port of course it will become similar to the other port which also did not have these new features.

Let me see what I can find on Dual Quat vs Triax for you.

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 10:35 AM

Would you post the comparison into a new thread. This thread is about Genesis 8 in Poser and let's not get off topic.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 10:52 AM

An image of Gen8 is not relevant here at all because this is the POSER forum. This baby has her own software to live in, so what's she doing here?

If you find Gen8 or V8 in Poser? It is time to upgrade your firewall and virus scanner. LOL.

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 10:12 PM · edited Sat, 24 June 2017 at 10:14 PM

I'm happy to report that Genesis 8 works fine in Poser 11.

Gen8Test.jpg

Couple things to note.

Genesis 8 eyelashes are a separate figure. You can treat them like a hair figure and conform them to Gen8.

Genesis 8 has new JCMs for flexing. Like Gen3, run "Transfer Active Morphs" to copy the JCMs to the clothes.

EClark1849 ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2017 at 10:50 PM

Not trying to start an argument, but to me, BOTH renders seem to give her skin a plastic quality. In the Poser one, she looks more waxy.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 4:05 AM

EClark1849 posted at 10:01AM Sun, 25 June 2017 - #4308475

Not trying to start an argument, but to me, BOTH renders seem to give her skin a plastic quality. In the Poser one, she looks more waxy.

Well you are not alone in this view. When I saw it stated that better skin tones were one of the improvements I went back and had a better look at the renders but I can't say I am impressed. Sure they are not bad but nothing special either. That said it is difficult to see on renders this size and it could be there is a marked improvement but it is just not highlighted by these renders. Alternatively they could be improved in DS but the improvement does not carry over into Poser. I would be interested to see the fuller picture here.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 7:53 AM

Lighting probably played a part in the skin looking like that.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 9:52 PM · edited Sun, 25 June 2017 at 10:00 PM
Online Now!

Firstly Willdial, once again very nice job with this so far!

Some of obvious differences to my eye are with the skin shaders. The Daz Iray Skin shader has subsurface scattering which you can see clearly on the skin of the ears. Skin details like pores or skin imperfections are visible in both the glossy details and the shadowed areas of the skin in the DS render. The DS shader uses a Dual lobe specular shader base which provides a better depth to the glossiness of the skin, similar to the skin rendered in Arnold which has become a bit of target in the 3D industry. The Poser skin seems pretty flat and featureless to my eye, but that could just be the lighting as pointed out.

Another obvious difference is with the facial expressions, in DS facial expressions are driven by HD morphs and as far as I am aware these do not carry over to Poser at this point. Which makes the Poser Genesis 8 smile a little soulless imo.

This is what I have been talking about, Genesis 8 is far more than just a rig, mesh and the correction morphs. And while the hurdles overcame to reach this landmark have been a huge achievement and credit to yourself and the Poser community as a whole. There is still a rather large divide in what is being called Genesis 8 in Poser and Native Genesis 8 in DS. Most of the major advances in the Genesis 8 figure are being lost in the translation process which is why it is unfair to state " It looks like Genesis 8 is a minor update of Genesis 3" as that simply isn't true.

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 4:35 AM · edited Mon, 26 June 2017 at 4:37 AM

You can improve the HD Head morphs when using the Poser DSON importer as long as your PC has enough memory.

It won't give be the same results as Daz studio but it will improve Portraits....

Daz only provided 1 level of subdivision - so just create a second level.

Go to Runtime/Python/poserScripts/Scripts/Menu/DSON Support/SubDivision

copy the file - Set SubDivision Level 1.py

rename the file - Set SubDivision Level 2.py

open it in a text editor.

go down to the bottom where it says -

if param: param.SetValue( 1.0, 1 )

and change ( 1.0, 1 ) to ( 2.0, 1 ) and save the file

all done.

Open poser, load Genesis8Female - On the main menu - Scripts - DSON Support - SubDivison - Set SubDivision Level 2.

The HD morphs will now show better detailing.

I haven't found a way of going above level 2 as I don't know the switch that tells DSON to turn of the limits within the DS core in the same why that you have to in Daz Studio.

Anyway, hope it helps

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 6:48 AM

Let's keep it civil folks. Poser users are happy to be able to use this character in P11/PP11. That is what this thread is about. Criticizing views on that goal is NOT constructive and can be considered combative. You know who I am talking to. Any more and sadly I will have to start deleting posts and locking threads. I don't want to go that far.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 9:17 AM

adzan posted at 9:16AM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308554

You can improve the HD Head morphs when using the Poser DSON importer as long as your PC has enough memory.

It won't give be the same results as Daz studio but it will improve Portraits....

Daz only provided 1 level of subdivision - so just create a second level.

Go to Runtime/Python/poserScripts/Scripts/Menu/DSON Support/SubDivision

copy the file - Set SubDivision Level 1.py

rename the file - Set SubDivision Level 2.py

open it in a text editor.

go down to the bottom where it says -

if param: param.SetValue( 1.0, 1 )

and change ( 1.0, 1 ) to ( 2.0, 1 ) and save the file

all done.

Open poser, load Genesis8Female - On the main menu - Scripts - DSON Support - SubDivison - Set SubDivision Level 2.

The HD morphs will now show better detailing.

I haven't found a way of going above level 2 as I don't know the switch that tells DSON to turn of the limits within the DS core in the same why that you have to in Daz Studio.

Anyway, hope it helps

Are you sure that is necessary? I haven't reinstalled Poser yet, but my recollection was that it was possible to set the SubD level (but advisable to keep it to 1 until just before render time).

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 10:12 AM · edited Mon, 26 June 2017 at 10:14 AM

RHaseltine posted at 10:00AM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308568

lots of stuff ;)

Are you sure that is necessary? I haven't reinstalled Poser yet, but my recollection was that it was possible to set the SubD level (but advisable to keep it to 1 until just before render time).

As far as I can tell - converting Genesis 8 Female to a Poser unimesh figure causes an undesired doubling of the Genesis8 mesh.

and using both the DSON subdivision and the Poser subdivision at the same time increases the amount of ram and the amount of time required to process lights and render the scene, Plus the Poser subdivison doesn't work on the HD morphs whereas increasing the DSON plugin to SubDivision Level 2 does,

so allowing DSON to perform the subdivision seems more logical in this instance

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 10:34 AM

Sometimes I don't mind the hyper-real SSS wax in art. Sometimes, I do.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 3:05 PM

adzan posted at 3:04PM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308574

lots of stuff ;)

As far as I can tell - converting Genesis 8 Female to a Poser unimesh figure causes an undesired doubling of the Genesis8 mesh.

and using both the DSON subdivision and the Poser subdivision at the same time increases the amount of ram and the amount of time required to process lights and render the scene, Plus the Poser subdivison doesn't work on the HD morphs whereas increasing the DSON plugin to SubDivision Level 2 does,

I was thinking there was a setting to increase the DSON SubD without needing to edit files, that worked in pre-SubD versions of Poser. But, as I said, I don't have any way to check so it could well be my memory.

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2017 at 7:40 PM

RHaseltine posted at 5:33PM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308604

lots of stuff ;)

I was thinking there was a setting to increase the DSON SubD without needing to edit files, that worked in pre-SubD versions of Poser. But, as I said, I don't have any way to check so it could well be my memory.

Each Genesis figure has a Mesh Resolution setting.

MeshResolution2.jpg

This is to control the DSON SubD. The max value is 2.

Some people has said that you can adjust the max value to be 3 and get the full HD morphs. I have not tried this so I cannot say if it will work.

In the image I posted, the mesh resolution was set to 1. I was in a bit of a rush to get the image up. Also, her skin is an experimental skin shader for Firefly.

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 2:44 AM · edited Tue, 27 June 2017 at 2:45 AM

willdial posted at 2:31AM Tue, 27 June 2017 - #4308620

RHaseltine posted at 5:33PM Mon, 26 June 2017 - #4308604

lots of stuff ;)

Each Genesis figure has a Mesh Resolution setting.

MeshResolution2.jpg

This is to control the DSON SubD. The max value is 2.

Some people has said that you can adjust the max value to be 3 and get the full HD morphs. I have not tried this so I cannot say if it will work.

In the image I posted, the mesh resolution was set to 1. I was in a bit of a rush to get the image up. Also, her skin is an experimental skin shader for Firefly.

Yes, using the scripts and the dial do the same thing, if you click the script it will change the dial for you ;) - but only with the dial can you override the limit and set the subdivision to 3 by clicking on the arrow, selecting settings and unticking force limits.

I didn't actually notice much difference if any between subd level 2 and level 3 on the HD morphs in Poser but that might just be me

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2017 at 7:15 AM

I don't use Genesis but then I do not have Poser 11 either however, I am interested in how you get Genesis 8 to work and how much you can get working. For that reason I hope the thread keeps running. Irrespective of the figure I am not going to jump figures unless I see a real improvement over what I can do already, which is why the renders are also interesting. I won't say anymore as I do not want to add to the chances of this being locked.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Razor42 ( ) posted Fri, 07 July 2017 at 9:05 PM · edited Fri, 07 July 2017 at 9:05 PM
Online Now!

karanta posted at 11:52AM Sat, 08 July 2017 - #4308295

That's a very interesting sentence lol and that's what I think when I see G3 and G8 on the same image....

So I guess this comment is the same Boni? A technical observation. I wonder what that 'lol' is about?

Razor42 ( ) posted Sat, 08 July 2017 at 9:05 PM · edited Sat, 08 July 2017 at 9:08 PM
Online Now!

This thread was progressing as normal? I had made my statement that, in my own opinion, the first comment wasn't needed and that it could easily be seen as an unintentionally misleading statement that could be perceived to devalue Genesis 8 amongst the Poser community. Clearly other members seen it the same way.

The thread had moved on, my last comment was made almost two weeks before you felt the need to step in and publicly contradict me.

chimera46 ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2017 at 2:59 AM

willdial posted at 2:56AM Sat, 15 July 2017 - #4308473

I'm happy to report that Genesis 8 works fine in Poser 11.

Looks great! If I may ask, are you able to get some decent Inverse Kinetics working on her limbs? I recall GF3 being difficult on that front.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

adzan ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2017 at 4:59 AM · edited Sat, 15 July 2017 at 5:14 AM

The Genesis 8 figures don't have the IK chains when transferred over so you'd need to add them manually to the CR2 -

sadly even when you manually add the IK you still get noodle forearms when dragging the hands, or the whole arm distorts from the shoulder when Ik is on and the legs pretty much ignore the Ik due to the double hip, pelvis setup.

So for me I won't use IK in Poser with Genesis 3 or 8, Hope that helps

chimera46 ( ) posted Sat, 15 July 2017 at 10:53 PM

adzan posted at 10:52PM Sat, 15 July 2017 - #4309881

The Genesis 8 figures don't have the IK chains when transferred over so you'd need to add them manually to the CR2 -

sadly even when you manually add the IK you still get noodle forearms when dragging the hands, or the whole arm distorts from the shoulder when Ik is on and the legs pretty much ignore the Ik due to the double hip, pelvis setup.

So for me I won't use IK in Poser with Genesis 3 or 8, Hope that helps

I know that pain all too well in my attempts with GF3 in poser. For me though, from an animation point of view IK is vital. If you want to use constraints at all, you're going to need IK.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 3:05 PM

I got a posable G8 base into Poser using WillDial's process (minus the G3 updater), but many and maybe even most of the morphs appear to be completely non-functional, and some only partially so. Victoria 8, for instance, makes the figure a bit taller but changes nothing about its shape. The Bodybuilder morph works fine, but most of the other FBMs don't. Is it possible that the G3 updater is the solution to this? I haven't yet figured out what the consistent factor is that distinguishes the morphs that work from the ones that don't, though I suspect it involves the head. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, since I'd really like to get G8 fully working in Poser 11.

willdial ( ) posted Sat, 12 August 2017 at 11:58 PM

If you loaded Genesis from XL Library, forget it. That way is not a reliable. The only way the works consistently is to use recommended way as seen here. Try clearing your DSON Importer cache first. DSON Importer didn't bring over the morphs.

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2017 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for responding, WillDial I saved the scene subset in DS and loaded the CR2 in Poser from the same content library. Clearing the DSON cache doesn't appear to have solved the problem.

Iuvenis_Scriptor ( ) posted Sun, 13 August 2017 at 12:28 AM

Eureka! Changing the "Writable Runtime Folder" to the same content library did the trick!

arrow1 ( ) posted Sun, 10 September 2017 at 9:58 PM

I am Having a problem with the Genesis 3 Poser updater with Genesis i! I have included a screen cap. CheersGenesis 8 Problem.jpg

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 10, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2022, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite. DAZ Studio 4.20, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses. Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

3photog ( ) posted Sun, 17 September 2017 at 9:45 AM

I purchased V8 when it came out. I was disappointed in the expressions, and I thought I saw a comment by Willdial that said the Poser Updater was not needed with V8. I had also tried the Poser Updater and received an error message (object reference not set to an instance of an object) so assumed that was that. Now I see some are using the Poser Updater successfully. I have used the same process I used successfully in converting V3/M3, and everything works fine except the expressions, specifically the bottom half of the mouth. I use DSON sub D 2. I use the old version of DSON Importer, as recommended in this Forum. Should I have converted to the latest version of DSON Importer?

CHF73 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2018 at 8:57 AM · edited Tue, 11 September 2018 at 8:58 AM

3photog posted at 8:56AM Tue, 11 September 2018 - #4314296

I purchased V8 when it came out. I was disappointed in the expressions, and I thought I saw a comment by Willdial that said the Poser Updater was not needed with V8. I had also tried the Poser Updater and received an error message (object reference not set to an instance of an object) so assumed that was that. Now I see some are using the Poser Updater successfully. I have used the same process I used successfully in converting V3/M3, and everything works fine except the expressions, specifically the bottom half of the mouth. I use DSON sub D 2. I use the old version of DSON Importer, as recommended in this Forum. Should I have converted to the latest version of DSON Importer?

I'm having the same issue. The expressions don't work. The mouth expecially goes banana when I try to use any expression dial. I used the latest DSON importer tho...might that be the problem? I must specify that I?m trying to import Genesis 8 Male into Poser, not the Female although I don't see why it should make any difference.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2018 at 12:10 PM

I'm having a different issue. I follow the steps provided in the PDF, and I get Genesis 3 Male into Poser... but the bones are borked. The arms are HORRIBLE. I'd love to get this working, so any insight would be appreciated.

3photog ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2018 at 1:14 PM

CHF73, my comment above was posted a year ago and no one responded. I gave up trying to use Genesis 8 figures with expressions. For expressions, I use Genesis 3; otherwise, I use Genesis 8.

Knyghtmare2021, I am not sure what PDF you are referring to, but thanks to Wildial's instructions elsewhere in this forum, using the DSON importer and the Genesis 3 Poser Updater he created ( also available from Wildial) converting any Genesis 3 figure works great. Without seeing what you have done, my guess from your description is that the rigging has not been converted from General Weight to TriX Weight in Daz Studio before importing to Poser Pro.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2018 at 2:03 PM

3photog posted at 2:02PM Tue, 11 September 2018 - #4336098

CHF73, my comment above was posted a year ago and no one responded. I gave up trying to use Genesis 8 figures with expressions. For expressions, I use Genesis 3; otherwise, I use Genesis 8.

Knyghtmare2021, I am not sure what PDF you are referring to, but thanks to Wildial's instructions elsewhere in this forum, using the DSON importer and the Genesis 3 Poser Updater he created ( also available from Wildial) converting any Genesis 3 figure works great. Without seeing what you have done, my guess from your description is that the rigging has not been converted from General Weight to TriX Weight in Daz Studio before importing to Poser Pro.

Hmm. I'll give it another shot on my next day off.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 12 September 2018 at 4:40 PM

Well, I was able to get GM 3 into Poser... and the joints work! I think I selected the wrong file to make companion files to initally, but now this opens up so, SO many possibilities!

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2018 at 5:55 PM

First thanks for the tools to use Gen8 in Poser Wildial. I think a new texture conversion script would work wonders. The shaders and textures are set up for Daz studio, consequently, for them to work in Poser they just need to be tweaked. Hint hint. I'm all about ease of use. I'm waiting on the new version of Blender with it's new render engines and easier to use interface. If Poser could also get EVEE and a updated cycles that would be great. If Blender had the Poser interface it would rule! Here's hoping someone with programming skills fixes Blenders difficult interface.

mackis3D ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2018 at 3:31 PM

SilverDolphin posted at 10:30PM Tue, 18 September 2018 - #4336270

If Poser could also get EVEE and a updated cycles that would be great. If Blender had the Poser interface it would rule! Here's hoping someone with programming skills fixes Blenders difficult interface.

That would be really helpful to me too.

tastiger ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2018 at 5:38 PM · edited Thu, 22 November 2018 at 5:39 PM

Schirmfoto_2018-11-23_103132.jpg

I'm getting the above error when trying to convert eyelashes or genitals - any clues as to the problem?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 23 November 2018 at 12:50 PM · edited Fri, 23 November 2018 at 12:50 PM

tastiger posted at 5:48AM Sat, 24 November 2018 - #4340472

I'm getting the above error when trying to convert eyelashes or genitals - any clues as to the problem?

After looking into the cr2 it seems as if the object files are not being created, but can't work out why..

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

LadyNightVamp ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2019 at 8:19 AM
Online Now!

willdial posted at 3:16PM Mon, 24 June 2019 - #4308473

Genesis 8 eyelashes are a separate figure. You can treat them like a hair figure

How I can treat them like a hair figure? What I have to do?

taiuri ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2019 at 1:50 PM

Could you make a video tutorial in Youtube about how to install Genesis 3 and 8 in Poser 11 please?

willdial ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2019 at 8:19 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2019 at 8:20 PM

Here is a link to a webinar that covers Genesis 3 in Poser 11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEfMP7aQ-NE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.