Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Genesis 8 in Poser 11

willdial opened this issue on Jun 21, 2017 ยท 70 posts

Razor42 posted Sun, 25 June 2017 at 9:52 PM

Firstly Willdial, once again very nice job with this so far!

Some of obvious differences to my eye are with the skin shaders. The Daz Iray Skin shader has subsurface scattering which you can see clearly on the skin of the ears. Skin details like pores or skin imperfections are visible in both the glossy details and the shadowed areas of the skin in the DS render. The DS shader uses a Dual lobe specular shader base which provides a better depth to the glossiness of the skin, similar to the skin rendered in Arnold which has become a bit of target in the 3D industry. The Poser skin seems pretty flat and featureless to my eye, but that could just be the lighting as pointed out.

Another obvious difference is with the facial expressions, in DS facial expressions are driven by HD morphs and as far as I am aware these do not carry over to Poser at this point. Which makes the Poser Genesis 8 smile a little soulless imo.

This is what I have been talking about, Genesis 8 is far more than just a rig, mesh and the correction morphs. And while the hurdles overcame to reach this landmark have been a huge achievement and credit to yourself and the Poser community as a whole. There is still a rather large divide in what is being called Genesis 8 in Poser and Native Genesis 8 in DS. Most of the major advances in the Genesis 8 figure are being lost in the translation process which is why it is unfair to state " It looks like Genesis 8 is a minor update of Genesis 3" as that simply isn't true.