Wed, Apr 24, 11:33 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 24 9:07 am)

Subject: Poser can't find file "com.obj"

3WCreations ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2018 at 12:19 PM ยท edited Fri, 12 April 2024 at 9:04 PM

I posted this over on the SM Poser forum, but apparently I have to wait 9500 seconds before I can respond to some of the replies over there, so thought I would try here as well.

I have a problem I have not encountered before. When trying to load a cr2, I get the message in the title, can't find file "com.obj". However, I have searched through the cr2, there is no reference to any file named "com.obj". I have checked every mc6 and every other document called by the cr2, nothing about com.obj. However, if I just press "Cancel" and then choose either yes or no for "continue looking for missing files?" the figure loads fine.

I thought maybe the problem was that my file paths were too long, so I shortened some of them, but the problem persists. Has anyone run into this or know what the problem is?

This is Poser 9, but I have a beta tester telling me the same thing happen in 10 and 11.

I use Notepad++ for editing. When searching the cr2 for "obj", it comes up with 2 hits:

RuntimeLibrariesCharacter3WC Morning CommuteUmbrella.cr2 (2 hits) Line 8: figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:3WC-MC:Umbrella:Umbrella.obj Line 112: figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:3WC-MC:Umbrella:Umbrella.obj So, they do not appear anywhere other than in figureResFile.

Thanks for any suggestions or solutions.

Everything important in life I've learned from somebody else's forum signature.

KarinaKiev ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2018 at 1:25 PM

That's due to (another) Poser inconsistency in the files.

Go to Poser's main program directory: (For other versions replace the "Poser Pro 2010" part by YOUR version's path!)

Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimeGeometriesBalance

This folder "should" contain a file "com.obz" which is nothing more than a compressed (zipped) version of the "com.obj" file.

Unzip it to create the "com.obj" file in the same directory. I'd also advise to (just in case) also COPY that file to Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimeGeometries to create a duplicate in the "Geometries" folder.

That should solve your problems

Karina

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2018 at 1:24 AM

When the file search mode is set to narrow, and you're in a runtime outside the default runtime, these little OBJ files have to be placed inside the runtime you're using. Copy the 'Balance' folder into the Geometries section of your external runtime.

Caution: If the external runtime is going to be turned into a product for sale or freestuff, remember to remove this OBJ before selling it. Even though it's not much of an OBJ, it's still officially part of Poser, not part of your product.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.