Fri, Apr 19, 8:25 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 19 8:01 pm)

Subject: What the heck happened to Apollo Maximus??

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 12:26 PM

I should aslo mention, I'm doing this the old fashioned way, importing morph targets from .obj files.

ghostman ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 12:40 PM

Looking good. 😄

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2018 at 9:44 AM

These are both Apollo ... from 2007. I still consider him the best male figure for Poser ever made. I still bug Anton about how great he is!

Apollo 1.jpg

Apollo 2.jpg

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 28 November 2021 at 4:04 PM · edited Sun, 28 November 2021 at 4:14 PM

Apparently Google changed the download links for Apollo.  He can be downloaded here. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk?resourcekey=0-g9ggR1fGI5l9WQUN60g2CA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2021 at 12:27 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2021 at 12:27 PM

Hi

Here is a few renders I've recently done using Poser 12 and its fantastic Cycles 2 engine.

This one: with Diesel addons

A6sVzvcylvzyVdnmOTVojBcEO3GMLPQUAS9UZf15.png

I don't know the original model, the description states: "A Lord of the Rings like Ranger"

cXxYA5Z0877wGfx1CfDa4P3ikg4JNpXDelbN6EeO.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2021 at 4:22 PM · edited Sun, 12 December 2021 at 4:22 PM

The material setting I have used for each skin part is based on Poser12's new PrincipledBSDF node:

Jqhr9vt2REVZgshglP6K5GqWleN0zTUQZMtPlBch.png

As actually Poser hasn't yet a Cycles preview, such as Blender's Evee, I'm using that good old EZSkin3 to poser the character. When I'm ready to render, I switch the skin nodes to Cycles. I'm doing it using a Python script.
But honestly, you don't need such a script. I mean: store a standard MC6 material for your character, the time to pose him/her, and then load your Cycles-based MC6 material when you're ready to render.

The difficult part for me had been to find the right balance these two parameters of the PrincipledBSDF. The three comma-separated values are inspired from your best friend when it comes to Poser's doc: here.

RfKgkhzAm6wfDjHxlvcvWg8VnZzYNsV5e8tJnOmv.png

Lower too  much the three Radius values and you will lower the SSS effect, rise too much the SubSurface unique value (here 0.005) and your character will end up white, almost as a ghost.

I have tried to play with the Roughness, the Specular and the Anisotropic parameters, but I haven't found a satisfying effect. That's why I'm using a second layer:

tuqZB42dP1fBEb1phe2QRxek1yXuSRAl0ESoObqg.png

"Gloss Level" is just a MixClosure, and "Gloss Effect" is the AnisotropicBSDF node.
The Gloss Level's Fac parameters lets you raise/lower the quantity of gloss. Too high, depending on the lighting, you'll end up with your baby oiled....

For what I've understood: raise the Anisotropy parameter to have elongated highlight, whereas the Roughness controls... the roughness of the surface: a mirror = 0, raise to make your surface more and more look like sandpaper.
As you've guessed, both parameters are important to control the quality of the gloss.

If you want to test different skins, don't forget the drag and drop upon each bitmap node, that will let you replace in one click all the same bitmaps with the new one.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2021 at 7:56 PM
Looks nice. Thank you for the explanations and node set up pics.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2021 at 6:06 AM
primorge posted at 7:56 PM Sun, 12 December 2021 - #4431725
Looks nice. Thank you for the explanations and node set up pics.
You're welcome 😊

PhYl.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2021 at 7:19 AM

Appolo looks right out of the box like Richard Corben‘s DEN.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2021 at 8:40 AM
Nevertrumper posted at 7:19 AM Mon, 13 December 2021 - #4431757

Appolo looks right out of the box like Richard Corben‘s DEN.

Indeed he does, not quite as defined muscular though. RIP Richard Corben.

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2022 at 1:45 PM · edited Tue, 11 January 2022 at 1:45 PM

Apollo still is one of few male Poser figures that comes with a muscle/vein displacement map. It looks decent in Superfly even without microdisplacement.

tlsAhvda9ZA88BuNcPCXd0iiiBQJjwBp7LMBstVW.jpg

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 14 February 2022 at 11:13 AM

Apollo Max needs some formal suit love Bond James, Bond

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 1:11 AM

Apollo really could use some love and support. He's still a strong figure and it's always good to have a little variety in our Runtimes.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: Alienware 17 laptop: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB RAM | Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache 3.5GHz) | Onboard Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5 1028 CUDA Cores | Alienware Graphics Amplifier: GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB (006G-P4-4996-KR)  2816 CUDA Cores

mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com  |  Poser Noir Comics Tutorial 

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 11:21 AM

I just read this thread and thought I’d like to use him. Well it seems I have 110 zips for him but never loaded him up! I have a problem with 9 zips because they are asking for a password for “PhonemeList.jpg”. I have a jpg called that but I can’t find the password. Can anyone help?

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 1:50 PM

Are we allowed to give the password?

PhYl.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 3:01 PM

Thank you anyway, I'll just forget about it.

DollyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 6:52 PM

Nope but go here and follow the directions to where the password is provided. Apollo Maximus - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki (miraheze.org)

DollyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 6:57 PM

PilotHigh you have 119 zips for him boy what a cool history. Maybe we can compare notes. I just did a look up in my database and I have 138. That does not count all of the PoserWorld stuff I have to list. Sure hope you can find a way to load him up. He is a very good model.

DollyGirl ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 6:59 PM

Pass word is about half way done Anton's page. Look for maroon (dark red) text

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 7:13 PM
DollyGirl posted at 6:59 PM Mon, 7 March 2022 - #4435577

Pass word is about half way done Anton's page. Look for maroon (dark red) text

I followed your link and clicked on the red text but I don't see it.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2022 at 7:15 PM

I found it. thanks.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 5:38 PM

Renderosity Poser Central, We have Apollo Max Activation Really old poser content installed.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

PilotHigh ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 5:58 PM
JimTS posted at 5:38 PM Tue, 8 March 2022 - #4435647

Renderosity Poser Central, We have Apollo Max Activation Really old poser content installed.

Where is Renderosity Poser Central?

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2022 at 6:14 PM

it's just my whimsical reference to here our virtual play ground insert some broken up moon shot sound effects

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.