Tue, Apr 30, 1:24 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 7:35 am)

Subject: AVX Optimized?

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 12:36 PM · edited Tue, 16 April 2024 at 9:26 PM

How can I tell if I am running the AVX optimized or AVX non-optimized version of Vue Infinite 2015?

glaseye ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 4:35 PM

In Vue, select the help button on the top menu, and then choose the 'about vue' option. In the window that appears at the right bottom it shows wich build you are running ,,,

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 9:34 AM

Thank you, glaseye. Can you also tell me what exactly AVX optimized means?

glaseye ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 9:56 AM · edited Sat, 27 August 2016 at 9:57 AM

I'm afraid it's to complicated for me to explain... but basically AVX is an extra set of commands build into newer CPU's. So by using AVX, Vue should be somewhat more efficient... (faster).

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8648

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions

Mari-Anne ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 10:06 AM

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.My computer is about 1 year old so I am assuming it is capable of supporting the AVX commands. I'll probably never notice the difference, but I have always wondered about it.

glaseye ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 10:14 AM

Your welcome ... (and indeed, don't expect miracles from AVX; I've got no clue what functions in Vue benefit from AVX, so no idea how much performance is improved by it.... but every little bit helps.... If there is one thing I've learned from Vue, it is patience 😁 )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.