Fri, Apr 19, 6:03 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 19 1:27 pm)

Subject: What the heck happened to Apollo Maximus??

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:18 PM

scream? I meant sclera, kindle had fun with autocorrect.
Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 8:02 AM

AsteroidLady: (autocorrect messed up your name as well, sorry) I'm on for a bit now. I have a couple questions. Is this image AFTER a render? because I found a similar appearance pre-render but after the render it was more like this: Hmmm. Can't seem to attach the image ... updates, are fun. ... let me describe. I'm getting the same imagery in preview but the edge of the eyelid and the lacrimal rendered properly, but there is still a line in the area of the iris/sclera. I'll continue to look into that.
Boni

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 10:47 AM

Ok here is what I have ... I took out the extra nodes in the "eyewhite" and the "cornea" and the "iris" although there is a slight ring, I think that is unavoidable, but not as bad as it was. The eyesocket seems to render fine. Let me know if you want a screen-shot of the settings.

Apollo_eye.png

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 3:20 PM · edited Thu, 20 August 2015 at 3:23 PM
Forum Moderator

ROFLMAO, LaurieA! I love Earl (aka Apollo Max) in his grass skirt! He's got a great sense of humor there. Wonderful render! By the way, here's my latest render of him, rendered in Reality 4 with IBL lighting......Rebel.png

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:03 PM
Forum Moderator

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 6.00.46 PM.png

Wearing a refit of Aery Soul's Ony Braided hair (from the RuntimeDNA Store)

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:05 PM

Boni, it turned out the texture was missing from the soft tissue, that for whatever reason it wasn't automatically applied. (I didn't even know what part of the body "soft tissue" referred to, so I'd been ignoring it. I figured it out by turning the diffuse color to green.) I'm not familiar enough with the material room to know which nodes are "extra"; I deleted everything except the basic diffuse and they turned black. :( I usually render in Reality, it's easier and it looks better, but I'm having the same problems there, so I'm not sure it's a material room issue, but here are the node settings for the sclera.
Apollo sclera settings.png

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 20 August 2015 at 4:39 PM

Based on a problem (solved by bagginsbill) with the "ring" issue with V4 eyes this seems similar. The edge of the map for the sclera meets the edge of the map for the iris. A mask needs to be applied that would give a soft gradient transparency between the two that overlaps. That would alleviate the issue. I don't have the time at the moment. But if someone is ambitious it would take care of the situation. Heck, I might work on it next week myself.

Boni

Boni

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 2:01 AM

You mean something like this?
Apollo iris mask.png
Or, how should it be different? And what should be done with it?

Tony_Stark ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 11:14 AM

Earl & Clyde are fantastic. My kind of people.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 2:04 PM

Yes .... Asteriodlady, like that ... just not sure where to apply it. Most likely to the sclera most likely. I might try this this afternoon if I get the chance. Thank you very much.
Boni

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:28 PM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:36 PM

Eye Test 3

AsteroidLady: This was the best ... and what I did was take your mask resize it to fit the middle of the eye white, invert it, then save it as a mask and added a transparency node in the mat room and applied it to the eyewhite.

EyeTest3.png

Here in better lighting ... you see a slight grey ring, but it looks more natural that the original.

Eyetest4.png

Boni

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:33 PM · edited Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:36 PM

Hmmm, tried to post but it went haywire.
Anyway...I have a texture set on sharecg, Dan for Apollo, link...
http://www.sharecg.com/v/29006/poser/BE4_Dan-for-Apollo-Maximus

Had to edit the link, gave the wrong one.

And an image of my new project (actually I've been working on it since 2009, a year after my son died) and hope to someday get it the way I want.
It is a morph of my late son so it may never get on to a market, still undecided.

FL_New_Dam_02.png

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 4:36 PM

That is wonderful!!! Thank you for sharig that! Woo Hoo, more for Apollo!!!

Boni

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 22 August 2015 at 10:38 PM
Forum Moderator

BluEcho, what a touching and eloquent tribute to your son! This is a beautiful texture set for Apollo. Thank you for sharing this. I am going to download it in a few and play around with it!

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 12:19 AM

Boni, it would help if I could see your settings, the material room still confuses me.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 2:54 PM

Apollo_Eye_Fix.png

Here you go. These are the settings. You can see how I altered the mask and applied it to the eyewhite. :)

Boni

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 23 August 2015 at 2:56 PM

I can send you the mask ... wait ... I'll post it here. Since it was different, I wanted to make it easier for you. :)

Iris_Mask_Invert2.png

Boni

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 3:55 PM · edited Thu, 27 August 2015 at 4:00 PM

Eyes are looking better, thanks! The image doesn't want to attach at the moment. I found another thing that helped with the eyes, but I'll wait til I can attach the image.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 11:05 PM

I look forward to it. 😃

Boni

Boni

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Thu, 27 August 2015 at 11:39 PM

Is anybody else having trouble uploading images to the forum? I'm doing the exact same thing I've always done, but it doesn't work, so I'm wondering whether the forum is having issues or it's just my computer or what. I wanted to attach an image to show that this works, but you'll just have to take my word for it. It was surprisingly very helpful.

I recently did a TDMT match between Apollo and M4. I matched the head and the eyes. Then I transferred all the morphs from M4's eyes. (It's how I made the cat eyes in the TDMT thread.) The morph that is relevant here is called "EyeIrisAlign." It's from the M4 base, so no morph package is required. This actually moves the line around the iris. On Apollo I have it set at -.42. I can't legally share the morph, but I can share the TDMT file that I used to transfer it, when I figure out what I should do with it. You would need to have M4 for it to work.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 28 August 2015 at 6:13 AM

There are some intermittent problems as other issues are being resolved. Please be patient, it will be taken care of. Keep trying. 😃

Boni

Boni

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Mon, 31 August 2015 at 4:43 PM

IrisAlign.png
The morph I was talking about above. The first picture is at a positive value, the second at 0, the 3rd at a negative value (the setting that helps.) It works best in combination with the transparency map, since neither of them makes it go away completely.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 10:27 PM

Here are a few renders from years ago of Apollo/Cole using my MoonToons morph poses...

JungleDudePoser7.jpgClubDude.jpgHandyMan.jpgJungleDudeLookout.jpegPrimalWarrior4.jpgTarzanCaptured.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 08 October 2015 at 10:32 PM

Here are a few more... JungleExplorer2.jpgAntiphantes.jpegJungleHunter.jpg

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 09 October 2015 at 6:49 AM

These are amazing!!! Glad to see this thread bumped back up!!!

Boni

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 3:42 PM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 3:48 PM

Here's one more render of one of my unreleased Apollo/Cole morphs. This is a stylized/toonish/caricature image of Matthew Rush aka Greg Grove.

MatthewRushPromo1.jpg

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 3:53 PM

image.jpegimage.jpeg

What are the chances....I just happened to take a look at rendo for the first time in ages and who should I find being reminisced but Apollo. Yeah, loved this figure so much. Best fun morphing I ever had in Poser. These were a few custom ones I made - some variants of simpler ones made just with dials and then morph-brushed up a bit. Cred to Anton.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 3:59 PM

Always a fan of Apollo, Anton, and Daniel (Carodan)!

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:03 PM

Hey Lee. How you doing? Nice to see all those renders again and be reminded of the sheer versatility of that figure. Fun times :)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:07 PM

Hi Daniel! I'm doing great. Still tinker in Poser most days just to keep my creative side fed. lol

Yep, I'm enjoying seeing the interest in Apollo and these awesome renders that everyone is doing. It really does bring back some awesome times. :)

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:18 PM

Good to hear you still tinker. I've only fired up Poser a couple of times this year - had a chaotic house move - so I'm a bit out of practice. New version of Poser in the works too I hear!

For anyone not too familiar with Apollo, I highly recommend working his face with the morph-brush. I always found his face above all other figures responded to that particular tool. At one time there was also a face-room add on for him (can't remember whether that made it onto the free files list or even still works). Anton always said he morphed 'like butter'.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:28 PM

I hope all is sorted out with your house move, Daniel. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new version of Poser will be like.

Anton did a spectacular job with Apollo and his add-ons. A well made and rigged mesh really makes for a superior figure. You can really tell Anton put a lot of effort into getting Apollo just right. Beth West from Capsces did an awesome job on creating the Cole morphs which I used extensively for my Apollo work. Always been a fan of caricature/toony looking figures.

I'd love to see this renewed interest in Apollo produce some new figures, morphs, and add-ons for him. That'd be so cool!

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:38 PM

Yeah that would be kinda cool, though things do seem to have moved on somewhat figure-wise (not all for the better). I had a bunch of custom morphs for Apollo I'd made some progress on (refinements of faces, some body morphs) but who knows where those files are now.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:44 PM

I hear you -- I've been looking around for my original MoonToons distribution files (I think I've located them) to share again. I've got many versions of stuff I was working on for Apollo. Mostly for my own use -- like the Matthew Rush morph settings. It's so much fun to load Apollo and just sort of play with the dials again to see what I can come up with.

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:49 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

OldMan_NewLightingTEST01.jpg17.jpg32.jpg34.jpg18.jpg36.jpg

Here are a bunch more pics from days of 'yore....

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:53 PM

Those are all incredibly cool, Daniel. Your skills and creativity are amazing. :)

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 4:59 PM

ditto Lee - remember that promo animated gif Anton did of Apollo renders? Say, didn't you have a cool render you'd done of Apollo in a wooly hat?

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:07 PM

I do remember that promo gif. I was so proud to be included in it.

Is this the render you're talking about? It seems like that hat was originally for David and I had to apply some displacement to get the texture depth I was looking for.

Posertography by Lee.jpg

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:11 PM

That's the fella! Always loved the level of realism & detail you got in that one. Bearing in mind that was pre SSS skin, Gi etc as wall.

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:14 PM · edited Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:16 PM

celebApollo.jpg Remembering a brief phase of celeb morphs (kinda). celebApollo.jpg

last couple of pics then I must shoot.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:16 PM

Thanks! I worked hard to try to get a certain style for my renders. It's much easier nowadays to do it and with far better results. Still, being an engineer, I loved playing with the settings, lights, textures, etc. until I got the best I could out of a render. lol

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:18 PM

Daniel, those look like a photograph for Nosferatu. So very well done!!

carodan ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 5:40 PM

heh, I had the hair & neck bolts for 'frankie' all worked out at one time too - cant find any renders now. There was a Lugosi Dracula too that never saw the light of day.

Ah, fun fun fun. See ya all at the next Apollo re-union.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 6:42 PM

LeeMoon posted at 7:36PM Sun, 11 October 2015 - #4233238

Here's one more render of one of my unreleased Apollo/Cole morphs. This is a stylized/toonish/caricature image of Matthew Rush aka Greg Grove.

MatthewRushPromo1.jpg

That's a pretty cool render of Greg. I'll have to point him this way if I see him next month. We used to hang out when he lived in Florida (I'll spare you the funny story of how we met ;) )

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 9:36 PM

Oh these are wonderful!! I was hoping you two would join our discussion. I believe Apollo is just as much a quality figure today as he was back in 2007 when he was last updated. We want to show Anton there's still interest. Let's see more and are there some more of those wonderful morphs still available, carodan?

Boni

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 9:57 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 9:54PM Sun, 11 October 2015 - #4233272

LeeMoon posted at 7:36PM Sun, 11 October 2015 - #4233238

That's a pretty cool render of Greg. I'll have to point him this way if I see him next month. We used to hang out when he lived in Florida (I'll spare you the funny story of how we met ;) )

I based that morph on photos of Matthew/Greg when he was younger. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Please do share the render with him. :)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 11 October 2015 at 10:01 PM

Boni posted at 9:58PM Sun, 11 October 2015 - #4233286

Oh these are wonderful!! I was hoping you two would join our discussion. I believe Apollo is just as much a quality figure today as he was back in 2007 when he was last updated. We want to show Anton there's still interest. Let's see more and are there some more of those wonderful morphs still available, carodan?

Apollo remains one of my very favorite Poser figures. So easy to work with. Daniel created the most awesome characters for Apollo. It's great talking to him here. I hope Apollo gains some new fans and sparks renewed interest in him. :)

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 4:49 AM
Site Admin

@LeeMoon and carodan: Nice to see you guys back! I've always loved your Apollo morphs and had enjoyed playing with Apollo so much. I don't think I had ever been so blown away by a figure before and it was great to see such excellent work being done with him. Now, if only Anton would appear in this thread . . . ;-)

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 6:31 AM

LeeMoon posted at 4:24AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233293

Apollo remains one of my very favorite Poser figures. So easy to work with. Daniel created the most awesome characters for Apollo. It's great talking to him here. I hope Apollo gains some new fans and sparks renewed interest in him. :)

Well, I'm hoping to nudge renewed interest at the source of this wonderful model. ;) It is a goal of mine with this thread. Daniel? Could you make more morphs available? And Lee, your supplemental morphs? This would help with the "Apollo Renewal". 😄

Boni

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 7:40 AM · edited Mon, 12 October 2015 at 7:40 AM

Boni posted at 7:39AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233320

LeeMoon posted at 4:24AM Mon, 12 October 2015 - #4233293

Well, I'm hoping to nudge renewed interest at the source of this wonderful model. ;) It is a goal of mine with this thread. Daniel? Could you make more morphs available? And Lee, your supplemental morphs? This would help with the "Apollo Renewal". 😄

I will be happy to host any or all of this at my orphans site: orphans.basicwiz.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.