Mon, Apr 15, 11:25 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 15 3:49 pm)

Subject: What the heck happened to Apollo Maximus??

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 2:06 AM

It looks like he's about to go upstairs and get himself into trouble....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 2:09 AM

Is that a three piece suit? ย Does Apollo Maximus come with a three piece suit??? ย I need. ย Must have.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 4:36 AM
Forum Moderator

Peeps, I've been working like crazy on fitting Gen 4 character and prop hair to him most of the day today, and it just occurred to me to check Poser World, where I've got a lifetime membership, and lo and behold, there's three pages of AM clothing there for him as well as texture sets. Poser World's membership fees are very reasonable, being that you get unlimited downloads and so on, and the quality of the props, models, clothing, etc., are very good. My next step is beefing up AM's wardrobe from there. You may see him here next in a business suit, or military camo outfit...... stay tuned! Actually, I better work on restoring the sight in his right eye; he's grumpy and bitching about it :(

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 5:22 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_ec8956637a99787bd197eacd77acce5e.jpJust too bad that his female side did not the development it deserved contrary to the actual male. ย But here she is as a frightening ghoul.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 6:36 AM

Holy cow! I think I dated her for awhile in the mid 80's....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 7:35 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

ย @hborreย  I need to look into the female morphs, some unique characters can be had.ย 

@quietrobย  Thanks for posting the link!ย  Now that I look at those 10 year-old renders though I'm thinking I should have redone them :)

@Anim8dtoonย  I get the same thing in his right eye but only with the default Apollo textures.ย ย  Running them through EZSkin 2 definitely fixes it as you can see in the image.ย  Surprisingly none of the other characters have this problem like Keith or Talus or Maquah.ย ย  And yes, Poserworld has some cool stuff for him.ย  A tip for the dynamic clothes though, DON'T hide the genitals because they will still be calculated.ย  It's best to pose them so that they are not visible and allow the simulation to collide with them.ย 

Here's an imageย using Lee Moon's Moontoons for AM, specifically JungleDude in this one.ย ย  I have no idea if they are still available anywhere.ย ย  ย Oh, and don't forget people that AM is supported in Poser's face room.

ย 

file_0777d5c17d4066b82ab86dff8a46af6f.jp

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 7:43 AM

HA!

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!!!

Sorry, it was there. I had to do it.

Nice work on that AM morph, Kalypso. Just the right amount of cartoon.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 8:10 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

ย Thanks but all the credit goes to Lee Moon, he's the one that came up with a whole slew of toon characters for AM.ย  Wonder if he's still around.

elena_c ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 9:09 AM

Great renders, and great idea to upload freebies!

Here's one I did just now. Octane render, no postwork (I'd have smoothed out the transition from his skin to the hair transmap otherwise, but I wanted to be brutally honest). Epic mats on the vest he comes with. Old Koz hair. One light emitter, one HDRI. All materials adjusted for Octane.

60569_900.png

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 1:49 PM

Is that a three piece suit? ย Does Apollo Maximus come with a three piece suit??? ย I need. ย Must have.

I believe that could be the 3 piece suit over at Poser World (a subscription sight)ย  Worth it by the way. You could get a limited subscription and get a lot of clothes for Apollo.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 2:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Wow! These are all awesome renders showcasing AM's versatility! Please keep them coming, folks. @Kalypso, thank you so much for the tip about fixing AM's right eye with the EZSkin plugin. I'll give that a try this afternoon and see if that helps. I LOVE the Moontoons for him! I would like to try and find those to add to my Runtime. How about posting links here to AM goodies, folks? I'll start off with the Poser World one here:ย Apollo Maximus clothing @Poser World

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 2:38 PM
Forum Moderator

I capped off yesterday's work on Gen 4 hair refits with SAV's Goldy Hair. Here's AM again:

file_8d5e957f297893487bd98fa830fa6413.pn

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 4:59 PM
Forum Moderator

Found a page with lots of links for AM, but unfortunately, most of them are dead. Here's what I found so far that are still live:

AM Fantasy Armor by Xurge

Textures for AM's boots from the ECL Vol.3

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 5:13 PM

Found a page with lots of links for AM, but unfortunately, most of them are dead. Here's what I found so far that are still live:

AM Fantasy Armor by Xurge

Textures for AM's boots from the ECL Vol.3

Try plugging the URL into the Wayback Machine; the files may be available there... https://archive.org/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
โ€œI could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 5:26 PM ยท edited Sat, 08 August 2015 at 5:37 PM
Forum Moderator

WandW, EXCELLENT suggestion! I'll give that a try and see what happens. Thank you. By the way, I found a bunch of AM renders over in the RuntimeDNA galleries. Here's the link:

Apollo Maximus renders in RuntimeDNA galleries

If you go forward and backwards in the slide show there, you'll see quite a few awesome AM images. His versatility is amazing and, IMO, not at all dated. Thinking about this, what I'd like to see Anton do, if he picks up the gauntlet again for AM, is for him to create a female version. After all, Michael + Victoria, Dusk + Dawn, etc.. Why not Apollo + say, Aphrodite or Athena?? That's on my wish list, as well as an M4 texture conversion.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 6:01 PM
Forum Moderator

Ok, I tried the Wayback Machine and this is what I've come up with so far. The files I found were originally hosted on a GeoCities site (GC shut down in '09) and are on DivShare :eyeroll: I've not yet been able to download any of those files, but if anyone can find a way to get them, please let the rest of us know, and thanks in advance. The other addons (MoonToons, Brutus Ultimus, Undead Rising for Apollo, etc.) were originally in the Rawart3d.com store, but apparently that website's disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle of cyberspace.......

AM Downloads on DivShare via Wayback Machine

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 6:28 PM

Here is one of my Apollo's - Lt Ehioze - the Von der Tann's Weapons Officer .

file_0e65972dce68dad4d52d063967f0a705.pnWearing M4's Courageous outfit, via Wardrobe Wizard (I haven't gotten around to converting this one through the fitting room just yet).

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 11:05 PM
Forum Moderator

file_0e65972dce68dad4d52d063967f0a705.pnWearing M4's Courageous outfit, via Wardrobe Wizard (I haven't gotten around to converting this one through the fitting room just yet).

Oh niiiiice! I'll have to give Wardrobe Wizard a try with M4's clothing for AM. Thank you for posting this!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 11:07 PM
Forum Moderator

@Kalypso, per your suggestion, i ran the EZSkin V2 script and lo and behold, AM is no longer half blind--HALLELUJAH and thank you!

file_a0a080f42e6f13b3a2df133f073095dd.pn

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 3:10 AM

Ok, I tried the Wayback Machine and this is what I've come up with so far. The files I found were originally hosted on a GeoCities site (GC shut down in '09) and are on DivShare :eyeroll: .......

There are archives of GeoCities, of varying degrees of completeness; http://archive.org/web/geocities.php

http://www.reocities.com/neighborhoods/

http://www.oocities.org/

Here are some of Carodan's AM Freebies; some need the Cole character, which used to be sold at RDNA by Capsces

http://web.archive.org/web/20090318023910/http://carodan.blackraven3d.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
โ€œI could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 7:06 AM

I used him in a book illustration, here shown drinking tea from a saucer. The texture and morph is Alain for Apollo.

file_698d51a19d8a121ce581499d7b701668.jp

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 9:39 AM

Very cool. I was beginning to wonder if there were any males in your ST universe! I guess the posts in that other thread were to keep in sort of on topic!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 1:56 PM
Forum Moderator

Oops. After reading back in this thread, I realized that I forgot to post the website where I found a slew of AM download links, most of which I mentioned were dead. Here's the original link. Perhaps some of you can find the files via the Wayback Machine. I am so glad you found Carodan's AM freebies, WandW--I got them all downloaded last night. Wheeee! Thank you!

http://posercontent.wikifoundry.com/page/Apollo+Maximus

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 7:29 PM
Forum Moderator

My WIP, which will be rendered in Reality 4.......AM here is supposed to be a likeness of my good friend George Guevara, who owns a smog shop and used car dealership in NorCal.

file_c8ffe9a587b126f152ed3d89a146b445.pn

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 09 August 2015 at 10:54 PM

All these renders of Apollo warm my heart ... I like this model so much!

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 12:54 AM
Forum Moderator

Whoa..... in a search for Poser shaders, I accidentally stumbled across this link for textures for AM's clothing. Wheeee!ย AM Clothing Textures

And another one for skin textures:ย AM Skin Textures and Shaders

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 1:39 AM

Hair.

I need hair. I don't have enough decent male hair in my runtime to convert for use with him.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 10 August 2015 at 11:21 AM
Forum Moderator

Hair.

I need hair. I don't have enough decent male hair in my runtime to convert for use with him.

I know. I've started converting women's hair. file_76dc611d6ebaafc66cc0879c71b5db5c.pn

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 8:14 PM ยท edited Wed, 12 August 2015 at 8:15 PM

Found some older ones and ... someone mentioned female so ...

file_a8baa56554f96369ab93e4f3bb068c22.jp
This was done in 2007, P6.

file_3def184ad8f4755ff269862ea77393dd.jpAlso P6 with special lighting.

file_7ef605fc8dba5425d6965fbd4c8fbe1f.pnAnd this one this morning in PP2014, lips mat room, SSS, strictly dialed morphs and packagedย  mats.ย  Single IDL light. It was a kick to make. :)

Boni

Boni

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:08 AM

I rediscovered him just recently and am using him in a graphic novel I"m working on. Raw render; post work to come.

file_82161242827b703e6acf9c726942a1e4.jp

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 12:22 PM

SeanMartin: that looks great, build and face in this pose reminds me of Carl Urban ("Bones" on the recent Star Trek movies, Lord of the Rings, Xena: Warrior Princess, Almost Human).

Boni

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 1:03 PM

Thanks!ย 

I"m not much into using the female characters, but I really do wish Anton had finished work on Aphrodite. That would have been a Vicky killer for sure.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 2:10 PM
Forum Moderator

SeanMartin, your render is awesome! Looking at his profile, he looks strikingly like a young Tom Cruise from his "Risky Business" and "Top Gun" days, right down to the shades. Which version of Poser did you use for this? Did you use the Firefly renderer or .....? I'm getting into Reality 4 for the majority of my Poser Pro 2014 projects these days.ย 

Let's keep those renders coming if we want vendors to make stuff for him!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 4:28 PM

Hey, thanks. This is a raw Poser 2012 firefly render. It still needs some colour adjustment. But thanks again. Yeah, we definitely need more stuff for this guy.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 1:39 PM
Forum Moderator

Peeps, just last night I came across a treasure trove of AM goodies on ShareCG and grabbed them for my runtime. Angela3D has 200 faces for AM, half of which are for the Cole character by Carodan. There's also two very nice texture packs, a female body morph pack with ethnic variations, and a themed collection of poses. Just log into ShareCG and run a search by typing 'Apollo Maximus' into the search field and the links will come up. I can't wait to try some of these today. WHOO HOOO!

Happy downloading!

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 15 August 2015 at 2:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up on that.

ehliasys ( ) posted Sun, 16 August 2015 at 10:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

an old one from me. I like Apollo :)

file_07e1cd7dca89a1678042477183b7ac3f.jp

Tomsde ( ) posted Mon, 17 August 2015 at 8:20 PM

I've always been an Apollo fan and it was a shame that the definitive version was never released. It is is, in my opinion, one of the best male Poser figures ever released. For some reason I never had problems with the eyes, but I have a lot of 3rd party maps for Apollo--I pretty much bought almost everything I could find. You know, sometimes the Vintage figures can still render great images, I still like Michael 2, with good texture maps he's a very versatible figure without complicated morph injectors. But getting back to Apollo, Poser World used to have a decent selectionn of clothing for him. You might want to check there, they frequently have specails.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 12:13 PM

My favorite use for Apollo, believe it or not, is for an old geezer. LOL. Carodan made some aged morphs that are, IMVHO, second to none and I almost never use Apollo without using them too ;).

Laurie

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 1:50 PM

Hea, LaurieA: do you have a render of the "old Geezer" I would love to see it.
Boni

Boni

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 2:06 PM

oh heck I have NO idea where it might be...he was in a grass skirt cause I didn't have any clothes at the time. LOL I named him Elmer IIRC LOLOL.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 3:52 PM

I'd forgotten that I'd saved the character morph to my library, so I rendered a quickie. I was wrong about the name too...I named him Earl. LOL

Laurie

Earl.jpg

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:00 PM ยท edited Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:01 PM

And here's his lovely mug...

Laurie

Earl-Face.jpg

ssgbryan ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 6:42 PM

I like Earl. He doesn't look like a pretty boy.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 18 August 2015 at 7:40 PM

Yeah, I have a few dialed character morphs of Apollo along these lines saved. Earl's my fave ;). He needs a pair of Carhart's and a wife beater. LOL

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 12:16 PM

Cranky Clyde

Cranky-Clyde.jpg

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:18 PM

OH my, do you have these characters available? I love these!!!

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 5:19 PM

Could you imagine if SM had Apollo and a female version as the base figures in their next version how that could change the Poser landscape! AND support???!!!

Boni

AsteroidLady ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 8:14 PM

Apollo eye.png
I want to play with Apollo too, but I'm having a different set of problems with his eye textures. That white shape around his eye, and that ugly circle around the iris. Why? How to fix? (This is like the 4th time I've written this message but the connection kept timing out, is my explanation for the terseness of it.)

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 19 August 2015 at 10:11 PM

Asteroids: Let me look into this eye problem. I know there is a mapping issue and the way the scream and the iris interact for the edge problem. I will check it out tomorrow when I am back on my work machine. It could have to do with the lashes.
Boni

Boni

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.