Fri, Mar 29, 9:00 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 28 8:52 am)

Subject: What the heck happened to Apollo Maximus??

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:39 AM · edited Thu, 28 March 2024 at 1:51 PM
Forum Moderator Online Now!

Several years ago, I was using Poser 7 on my Mac, but lost everything when I was evicted from my home and wasn't allowed to collect my belongings except for a few meager pieces of clothing and my Powerbook, which didn't have Poser loaded on it. Since then, I've been slowly rebuilding my life with an Intel Core 2 Duo Mac mini and Poser Pro 2012. I just recently upgraded to PP 2014 and Reality 4. I've thankfully been able to replenish my Runtimes with previous purchases from this site as well as DAZ3d. I'm dismayed, however, as I cannot seem to download Apollo Maximus and related files via the link I came upon at Antonkisieldesigns.com. Have those files been taken down for good, or is there an alternate site where I can download them? I really liked Apollo but never really got the chance to play around with him, no thanks to the cataclysmic upheaval in my life.

If any of you Posers know where I can find Apollo and bring him back from the dead, I would be eternally grateful. Muchas gracias!

Anim8dtoon

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:08 AM

The Apollo site is here:

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

However, the file server, DviShare, is flakey, so Anton gave permission to share the zip files provided they are not altered in any way.  I put them on Google Drive for the time being, and you can get him and many of the ad-ons above here (The zip password is on Anton's site above):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9_I3V6UTuuXflZTRWxZVml0LU5UTV9aTG1ZY3lMNEYyUmxfR0FDbXFrZTRjR2lhb3llbVk&usp=sharing

Functional Note; When conforming shirts in Poser 9 and higher, you may need to check Match Endpoints in the Body actor of the garment...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:34 AM

Ah WandaW you beat me to the punch. Yes, Anton has been kind enough to allow this as his interest have moved on, unfortunately. I do think if interest is large enough he may regain his interest as well. Just a ... feeling. I would like to see renewed interest.

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:24 AM

WandW, thank you so much for the suggestion! I actually came across a recent thread in the DAZ3d forums about Apollo and someone (you, I think) had posted the alternate link to the files, which I was able to access and get those files. However, although I got the clothing textures and such, I did not get the actual clothing files themselves, such as the carpenter jeans, etc., etc. Were they supposed to be with the base files, or are they somewhere else? If you can tell me where to locate those, I'd sure appreciate it.

I've been playing with him for a while and am truly impressed with his geometry and poses, etc. In many ways he's far better than M4. Even all of his toes can be moved separately! I'd love to see a resurgence of third-party products and add-ons for him. Hopefully this will prod Anton into dusting him off and creating AM v.2 or something!

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:35 AM

If you got the basic clothing ... most of add-ons are textures for them. These were made by Anton for Apollo. I agree in many ways he is superior to most figures out today.

Boni

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:43 AM

If you got the basic clothing ... most of add-ons are textures for them. These were made by Anton for Apollo. I agree in many ways he is superior to most figures out today.

Boni

Boni, I didn't get the basic clothing from the alternate download link. I thought I had gotten all of the files but when I looked in the Character library, the only thing I saw in there was Apollo himself. No clothing, so he's nekkid and cold :( I guess I better check again to see if I missed something.....

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:52 AM

There are 2 packs of clothes that are separate downloads from Apollo. One a tank, sweats, socks and boots in one. And the other has a set of fantasy clothes. You may want to ask WandW how he packed up the files. It is all well worth it.

Boni

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:02 AM

OHHHH, I am such a DOOFUS!! I went back to the link, and lo and behold, the clothing files were right there in plain sight. I completely overlooked them on my first visit and downloaded everything that was to the right of the note in there. I grabbed the clothes without further delay. Tomorrow Apollo will get some clothes! LOL Thank you! 

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:24 AM

It's well past midnight and I'm still playing with Apollo, and I have to say, I am truly impressed! He renders very well in PP2014. I can't wait to see how he does in Reality 4 and I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow after I put the poor guy's clothes away. I would love to see someone come up with a utility to convert M4 textures for AM. I would gladly pay for it!

elena_c ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 7:42 AM

As a long-time exclusive user of Apollo, I'm very happy to see renewed interest in him. Yes, he's in some ways superior to many figures out today. All he needs is a decent weight-mapping (that I'd be happy to pay for, even).

Back during the days when the forums at contentparadise still existed, Anton was developing Apollo 2.0 and getting close to finishing him when the forums disappeared, and Anton with them. I've been looking for alternatives to Apollo's versatility ever since, but no joy.

(This is also Apollo, dialed up only using the dials he comes with: http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/elena_c/11539234/6609/6609_900.jpg )

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 8:53 AM

I had a hard drive failure a while ago and had forgotten all about him.  I did like him but the lack of support and items made me move on.  Much thanks to WandW for the google drive access.  His page is rather wonky as I got ad bombed right away and I hate those downloading sites like Divshare.  You just made my life a lot easier.  For anyone that hasn't figured out how to download, look for the arrow above each file.  The password is cough cough...sorry, you'll have to search through his page.

By the way, I found 161 items for Apollo Max!  Treasure rediscovered!

3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:00 PM

I found all his files right here for anyone who wants them. :)

http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=3d;id=21;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antonkisieldesigns.com%2F~akfiles%2Fhtmlpages%2FApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:05 PM

Apollo is a great figure.

adh3d website

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:28 PM

I found all his files right here for anyone who wants them. :)

http://www.webring.org/l/rd?ring=3d;id=21;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.antonkisieldesigns.com%2F~akfiles%2Fhtmlpages%2FApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

That's the same page of his that  I linked to, but the downloads don't actually download, or at least they didn't a few months ago when Boni and I approached Anton about making them available...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 1:10 PM

Elena_c, your render of Apollo is awesome! How'd you get the specular highlights in his eye whites? Was this rendered in DS or Poser? I did a test render of Apollo last night with SS turned on. I deleted the default Poser lights and used one of Apollo's lights, "MyFavRayTraced", and it turned out very well, except for the fact that his right eye seems to be blind, LOL. I'm trying to figure out how to fix that in the meantime.

I was also extremely impressed with the sheer number of quality poses that are included with the base figure. In comparison, DAZ has historically been rather stingy with poses for the Millennium figures, even in their Pro bundles. It's amazing to me that, for all the hard work that Anton put into developing AM and his add-ons, that he was always free to the Poser and DS communities. Had he been put out there for sale, with all the add-ons included in the bundle, he probably would have cost about the same as the DAZ M4 or M5 Pro bundles. 

I am going to work on fitting M4 hair to AM today and see what I come up with. This is gonna be fun! By the way, here's my first AM render in PP2014

file_2723d092b63885e0d7c260cc007e8b9d.pn

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 1:23 PM

Download the file called ZeusIrisMaps and install it. That will fix the specular problem with the eyes.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 1:51 PM

Download the file called ZeusIrisMaps and install it. That will fix the specular problem with the eyes.

Rokket, I did download that file and install it, but I'm still having the problem with his right eye. I'm not sure what's going on here :( 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:31 PM

Go to the materials room with Apollo selected, click on the materials from the library tab on the right. Scroll down until you see the folder that says "ApolloZeusFX_IrisMaps". Then select one of those eye colors and double click on it. This will install that shader on the eye and fix the problem.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

elena_c ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:37 PM

Anim8dtoon, thanks! That render was done in Poser, years ago. I used to re-do the eye materials and added in reflections so they gave off these highlights. Apollo was originally made in 2005, before Poser 7, and the versions before it faked reflections, so the materials for the figures did, too. First order of business: delete reflection maps and add in reflections in the reflective materials like corneas and eyewhites. (Nowadays, I use Octane for rendering, which has no need for faking anything.)

And, no, Apollo was not always free. It was before my time, but I remember talk about him having been for sale for close to 100 bucks before Anton decided to give him to the community.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 7:08 PM

Let's all bring on our Apollo renders, show our support and I will present this link to Anton so he can see the interest hasn't waned.bIg will have my pc back tomorrow and will add to the thread ... if you can add some of our newer render magic that would be fantastic!! I am a proud supporter of Apollo.

Boni

Boni

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 11:39 PM

Hi, great idea , I start with a  render of apollo as a viking.

2usbozm.jpg

adh3d website

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:22 AM

I love the idea of posting AM renders here! How about also posting links to AM content, both free and commercial? I would like to get more content for him for sure!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 2:02 AM

AM's right eye is still blind and driving me batty. I went into the Material room and made sure one of the ApolloZeusFX_Iris Maps was attached to the material nodes, but no go when I re-rendered him. I then went into the Pose library and used the white MAT pose to remove all of his textures and then re-applied them. He's still half blind. Anyone have any ideas on fixing this?? Many thanks in advance!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 2:28 AM · edited Thu, 06 August 2015 at 2:29 AM

I'm working on M4 hair fits now for him. This is April YSH's Jai hair fitted to him. The .cr2 and .hr2 hair pieces really don't require much scaling to fit him at all. I am having fun with this project! I can't wait to see how he looks with S

file_6cdd60ea0045eb7a6ec44c54d29ed402.pnAV's various hair models, like the Twingo and Alpha Scalp models. Stay tuned!

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 2:54 AM

Not sure if this will help ...I don't have my computer up to check it ... but I think for some reason the cornea on Apollo's right eye isn't transparent in default. It 's been a while since I have started with a blank figure ... let me know if this fides your issue.

Boni

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:09 AM

Not sure if this will help ...I don't have my computer up to check it ... but I think for some reason the cornea on Apollo's right eye isn't transparent in default. It 's been a while since I have started with a blank figure ... let me know if this fides your issue.

Boni

Thank you very much for the suggestion! I'll check the transparency setting in the Material room and see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for this poor fellow! 

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:13 AM

Mairy 3Dream's Orion Hair

file_73278a4a86960eeb576a8fd4c9ec6997.pn

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:15 AM

I have a lot to catch up on tomorrow, but I will try to check this out when I hook my computer again.

Boni

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 4:01 AM

Neftis' Mon Chevalier hair

file_6974ce5ac660610b44d9b9fed0ff9548.pn file_f0935e4cd5920aa6c7c996a5ee53a70f.pn

elena_c ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 8:28 AM

All our Apollo renders? That'll take a while, lol. I'll start with this one:

display_2396757.jpgTalus Maximus texture, Sapphire Fox hair, my character, render in Octane.

elena_c ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 8:37 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

... And this. (It's an animated gif, dunno if it'll work on here. Nudity tagged for the eagle-eyed.)

44799_900.gifMy character, Rievel Hair, ARC reactor by me, rendered in Carrara.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 12:28 PM

These are great guys.  I'll try to get a new render up today. :)

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:52 PM

Just a test render ... nothing fantastic.  PP2014, IDL one object based light.  SSS applied ... Spike shape, Latin texture with beard.  Still tweaking the clothes in PP14. 

file_2a79ea27c279e471f4d180b08d62b00a.pn

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:57 PM

Elena_C, that is fantastic ... a little naughty but fantastic. ;)

Boni

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:52 PM

This one goes all the way back to 2012. This was the first time I used Apollo in a render. This one also includes a guy I NEVER see anywhere.

The Dark Knight renders I made for him are in the superhero search thread. At least the ones fit for human eyes are. 

file_b73ce398c39f506af761d2277d853a92.jp 

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 6:22 PM
Site Admin

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

It's great to see renewed interest in Apollo.   He's one of my favorite figures.   This  is a recent render.   I ran Traveler's Maqua skin texture through EZSkin.  

file_76dc611d6ebaafc66cc0879c71b5db5c.jp 

Here's an old image from about 10 years ago when Apollo first came out.  The morphing and posing was based off a statue of the god Apollo - Apollo Sauroktonos (Lizard-killer).   

file_65b9eea6e1cc6bb9f0cd2a47751a186f.jp 

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 6:27 PM
Site Admin

Looking through old backups I came upon some old products and freebies that I'm now posting to Freestuff.  One is a collection of partial face presets for AM to construct your own characters or even make specific changes to existing ones.   The other set includes face presets for more comic/caricature characters aptly titled "Thugz" :)   They're both in pending so will probably be available soon.   I tried uploading to sharecg but kept getting errors.

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.JP 

file_0aa1883c6411f7873cb83dacb17b0afc.jp 

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 8:06 PM

All our Apollo renders? That'll take a while, lol. I'll start with this one:

display_2396757.jpgTalus Maximus texture, Sapphire Fox hair, my character, render in Octane.

Elena_C, very realistic render there (love the .gif too)! I remember the Talus Maximus texture, but can't remember where it came from originally. Was it a vendor product? I sure would love to get my hands on it.....

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 9:04 PM · edited Thu, 06 August 2015 at 9:05 PM

Uh, never mind about the Talus Maximus texture set; I found it in the Runtimedna store, and believe it or not, it's still available for sale, as is the Morpheus Maximus head morph set. Both are in the deep freeze at a discount. The next chance I get, I'm grabbing both!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 9:29 PM

Kalypso, your AM renders are AWESOME, even the one from 10 years ago. Wow! I'll have to try out EZSkin with him and see how my rendition turns out. By the way, THANK YOU for posting the AM addons in the Freestuff area. I can't wait to download them! I sure hope this sparks widespread and renewed interest in him. I would love to see someone adapt M4 textures to fit him as I've got a lot of those in my Runtime.....

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 11:19 PM

Just a test render ... nothing fantastic.  PP2014, IDL one object based light.  SSS applied ... Spike shape, Latin texture with beard.  Still tweaking the clothes in PP14. 

file_2a79ea27c279e471f4d180b08d62b00a.pn

Boni, this is great! I can't wait to see what you and others do with him in more finished images. By the way, does anyone remember about when M4 was introduced? AM surpasses him in a lot of ways, IMO. It's a damn shame Anton dropped him when he did, but maybe he'll be inspired to dive right back in with a new version to give the Genesis males a run for the money......

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 12:18 AM

That is my not so secret plan ... build a wonderful tribute to Apollo then present it to Anton.

Boni

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 12:36 AM

I am downloading and installing Poser 10. As soon as that gets done, I will work up another good render and post it here.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 1:33 AM

Hmm.. looks like I will have to try this dude out..

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 4:31 AM

Here's one I just fired off with SAV's Kouros character hair. I've been working most of the evening on fitting other characters' hair to him, and the majority of them are turning out great. Neftis' hair is especially awesome on him, particularly the Goya style, which so far is my favorite! Still having problems with his blind eye. ARRRGGHHH

file_bd686fd640be98efaae0091fa301e613.pn

Suucat ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 7:32 AM

file_7ef605fc8dba5425d6965fbd4c8fbe1f.pn

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

adzan ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 7:45 AM

Here's one I just fired off with SAV's Kouros character hair. I've been working most of the evening on fitting other characters' hair to him, and the majority of them are turning out great. Neftis' hair is especially awesome on him, particularly the Goya style, which so far is my favorite! Still having problems with his blind eye. ARRRGGHHH

Hi. Two things you could try for your blind eye. 1. Try moving any light that shines on that portion of the face, as that could be caused by a bright light.

1. Run Snarlygribblys "EZSkin V2" on Apollo and change the eye reflection.  Snarlygribbly EZSkin V2 and instructions can be found here: http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/viewforum.php?f=5  .  There is also a sticky topic at the top of this forum if you need help using EZSkin or EZMat

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 5:20 PM

"Looking through old backups I came upon some old products and freebies that I'm now posting to Freestuff.  One is a collection of partial face presets for AM to construct your own characters or even make specific changes to existing ones.   The other set includes face presets for more comic/caricature characters aptly titled "Thugz" :)   They're both in pending so will probably be available soon.   I tried uploading to sharecg but kept getting errors."

Thanks Kalypso!  If I may share the link to your work.  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=75552

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.JP 

file_0aa1883c6411f7873cb83dacb17b0afc.jp 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 12:04 AM
Forum Moderator

I had him planned as a character for a story I've been working on. I think I've got him how I want him.

file_5f93f983524def3dca464469d2cf9f3e.pn

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 12:15 AM

I really like the textures of the wood and brick in that scene. Nice render!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 1:52 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks that's Merlin's Medieval Tavern from the market place

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.