Fri, May 17, 9:10 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 5:43 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Oh my gosh, please revert the MP Layout!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 5:35 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 5:08 AM

You never fixed the layout problems on the Freestuff, and now everything is huge in the MP!  I can't even shop here with a layout like this, I'm begging you to change it back, PLEASE I beg you!!!!!!!!!!

Grovels

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 5:37 PM

THIS SUCKS, PARDON ME.... My friend found it by finding the marketplace drop down then we had to click "shopping cart" and THEN  saw the left side bar of things and WISH LIST is on the bottom... HATE THIS!!!

ESPECIALLY FOR USE THAT VIEW THIS SITE WITH MAGNIFICATION! !!!!

But I have a feeling you won't change anything back to where we liked it....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Vaskania ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 5:57 PM

Quote -
THIS SUCKS, PARDON ME.... My friend found it by finding the marketplace drop down then we had to click "shopping cart" and THEN  saw the left side bar of things and WISH LIST is on the bottom... HATE THIS!!!

ESPECIALLY FOR USE THAT VIEW THIS SITE WITH MAGNIFICATION! !!!!

But I have a feeling you won't change anything back to where we liked it....

You can still find your wishlist by using the upper drop down that has your name on it.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 7:16 PM

The marketplace is HUGE!  In order to get the page to display at a reasonable size I'm having to zoom out to 75%, but then all of the icons at the top are tiny.

Can we please, please tone down the size of things?

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 7:26 PM · edited Mon, 23 June 2014 at 7:29 PM

Just to show you what it looks like at 100% in my browser.  My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.  At the current size of things, it doesn't even allow the viewer to see the full preview of the item when you click through.  For instance on MDD's new girl below I cannot see the bottom row of eye textures.

tsarist ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 8:01 PM

Everything is pretty big now.

Could you please put things back to normal size?

You had the best looking marketplace. Now things are a little much.

It wasn't broken before.

vwrangler ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 8:27 PM

Is there some user-selectable setting or way to change how things now appear? I find that the pale red and pale green text against the medium gray background is almost impossibly hard to read. Reading the orders where you need to download items is incredibly difficult, both because the type has suddenly become teeny tiny and because it's not clear what exactly you're supposed to do there now. The links to files are now the same color as the text naming the product, and it's not clear that anything is actually a link instead of just plain text. And, again, the price is difficult to read because of the very low contrast.

TinaK ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 10:28 PM

This process is not complete and we will start a specific thread for bug issues/feedback etc so please just keep note of any issues/concerns and post in that specific thread once we are ready for that.

I want you all to understand that admin are not ignoring you in this thread but this was created for information purposes only as in process change to let you know you would be seeing some things that might be buggy or different for a minute but since the process isn't complete we are not addressing feedback just yet and as stated will make a specific thread when we are so everything can stay in one place and we will address any issues at that time.

Please be patient with us.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 23 June 2014 at 11:19 PM

Just a random question.  Do you guys have a test server that you preview this stuff on?

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 12:08 AM · edited Tue, 24 June 2014 at 12:15 AM

^^No, they do not, despite many people advising them to do so.  I have no idea why they continuously refuse to take this advice.  This whole thing feels like a huge middle finger to both vendors and customers, and was an asinine move to implement before working out the bugs.  The Marketplace has prettymuch been brought to a grinding halt, and it's only a matter of time before vendors start pulling their products and moving to another site.  They say this will be fixed very soon, but how many times have we heard this already?  Not to mention the profound stupidity of implementing the Freestuff layout here before even fixing it by using the Freestuff area as a testing site, which was the original purpose of implementing it there, first. 

I also wonder, how many vulnerabilities this new site makeover is opening up? 

I sincerely apologize to the vendors here, but I will not be shopping on Renderosity unless they fix this thing entirely-- the size, the missing categories, a guarantee that there will NOT be any problems with the checkout and purchasing, ALL of it.  if they do not fix the biggest layout problems within two weeks, then I would strongly advise all customers, as well as vendors to take their business somewhere else, because Renderosity's service is 100% unacceptable.

3-DArena ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 1:57 PM

Quote - Just to show you what it looks like at 100% in my browser.  My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.  At the current size of things, it doesn't even allow the viewer to see the full preview of the item when you click through.  For instance on MDD's new girl below I cannot see the bottom row of eye textures.

I don't think that has anything to do with the new store layout.  That's a pop-up image so it's completely due to how long the vendor made the image.  I get that a lot on products in the store, ever since the promo size was allowed to go so big.

The only image size changes we've had are the main thumbnails.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

FaeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 7:23 PM

Well, before the changes, I could see the entire promo without having to scroll up and down.  I've checked it on several vendors and it's all the same.  It's very awkward.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 24 June 2014 at 9:33 PM

There used to be some promos in the past that did that, but it was rare.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.