Mon, Jun 17, 3:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 16 8:30 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quote - Ok, rank over, move along, and thanks for clapping in favor of my existance LOL

GAH, I meant rant, not rank. It's the morning here - I guess I should start drinking coffee.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:19 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quote - > Quote -

I never have figured out HOW anyone could end up with a pair of eyes, with one half brown.  Maybe I was supposed to have true hazel eyes -- but a gene went wonky somewhere.  Luckily, unless I have eyes wide open, the brown spot is concealed by my eyelid, thank goodness.  :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia_iridum

I think it's absolutely beautiful. A friend of mine has a white cat that has one blue eye and the other brown. I keep staring. It's lovely.

Thanks, sweetie, but my eyes are just plain weird.  ;-)  My students used to say, "Look, she's a witch.  See her eyes?" when they'd get mad at me. :biggrin:

One is pretty much like the picture of the guy with the brown blaze.

As for being twins in one body...wow -- well, my mother's generation was supposed to have twins but she didn't.  Ok, now I'm creeped out.  I ate my twin!  My poor twin...

LROG, your Dawn eyes look great!!!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:21 AM

Quote - Arrrrggghhhh!!! Not Paint brushgate!!!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Should we use hog's hair or horse hair to paint Dawn?  😄

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:22 AM

Quote -
Thanks, sweetie, but my eyes are just plain weird.  ;-)  My students used to say, "Look, she's a witch.  See her eyes?" when they'd get mad at me. :biggrin:

If I understood your description correctly, your "weirdness" is called Sectoral Heterochromia ;)

I have a friend like that. He has a slash of bright yellow on one of his very green eyes. Also, he has a chocolate-toned skin with a dark brown afro hair. The entire look is so very lovely. I usually say he has dragon eyes.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:23 AM

Quote - ok, before I go to bed... vintorix wanted to see the mesh. I don't know if you can see enough on this one.  Don't forget to click for larger view....

LOVE that outfit!  :-)

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:25 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:33 AM

If I understood your description correctly, your "weirdness" is called Sectoral Heterochromia ;)

I'm going to google that one.  ;-)

Edit:  I'm a chimera!  And have Vanishing Twin Syndrome.  Nightmares, here we come.

I'll just go to bed at Dawn.  :biggrin:

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:34 AM

Quote - If I understood your description correctly, your "weirdness" is called Sectoral Heterochromia ;)

I'm going to google that one.  ;-)

That is the condition that Henry Cavill has...as well as Simon Pegg :). It's not full heterochromia.

Laurie

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:34 AM

Quote - Kitteh, I like both versions. It is a very good practice to include several texture sets with your model without too much work. The metal version would perhaps be out of place in some contexts but blend in perfect in others.

Mesh look right but is is completely welded? I am thinking for the dynamic version.

Oh, thos are not final textures, it's just one of the default mats that came with zbrush. We haven't eben started with textures, I just finished UV mapping tonight. No worries, there's going to be a lot of nice stuff in the package - I'm not new to content making ;) While the mesh is welded, it i probably not going to lend itself well for dynamics, because it is not a single sheet of polygons, it has folded-under edging to give the fabric thickness and wraparound straps are double sided. These things tend to get very deformed and start unfolding when you run dynamics.

I typically include a lot of dynamic-looking morphs to give you the more natural look. I don't have movement morphs for this dress sculpted yet, but you can take a peak at my apteromata Finery set to get an idea of what I they usually look like: [http://www.runtimedna.com/Apteromata-Finery.html

](http://www.runtimedna.com/Apteromata-Finery.html)As for texturing, Arien is going to do textures for this. In case you are not familiar with her work, take a peek here: http://www.runtimedna.com/AcherontiaBundle.html

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:36 AM

By the look of it, Dawn will have all the clothing in the world :-)
But still no bra. :-) :-) :-)

LOL.

Nice work everyone.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

docatlas ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - We have seen in this thread photos of two people who would be considered "unrealistic" if exactly modeled, the ever delightfully lovely AO

Thank you for the compliment! And look, I became Ambient Occlusion again! WEEE! xD

The way you dance (I like belly dancing - as audience not paticipant), you can be anything you like.  :-)

Quote - > Quote - and that guy who so resembles the Tazmanian Devil cartoon.  (We all remember Taz, rght?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH Taz! Awesome stuff.

Oh, yeah.  Too bad Warner Brothers didn't do more with him.

Quote - > Quote - However, since they don't fit the model of "realistic", they don't exist.  (Sorry, dear AO, but you're obviously only a figment of some artist's over-active imagination.)

I'm... a fairy? I can live with that. Hey people, if you believe I exist, clap your hands! ;)

clap-clap-clappity-clap

You really should give belly dancing a try; it's great exercise, and more fun than simply jogging. The scenery is much nicer, too. ;-)

Back on topic, only half a month or so 'til Dawn is released. I'm shivering with antici............................................................................................pation.

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:13 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:22 AM

"I'm not new to content making ;)"

But Kitteh, I didn't meant to advice you in content making I have seen your store remember?
I only meant that when you have several sets its not so important about one specific texture as when you only have one set..

Arien's textures are some of the best I ever seen. She maked Xurge look like a beginner! "sets include bump, specular, displacement, advanced shaders in Poser, HSS shaders in DAZ Studio, etc with very high resolution textures"

Advanced Photoshop work in ultra-high resolution and then enhancment with shaders. That's the professional way to do it. The answer to maps or shaders is of course "both", as I knew it would be.

I cannot express strongly enough how satisfied I am to join your exclusive club after so many years..:) vagabondallen wrote and said that he would texture one of models. It shall be fun!

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quote - I never have figured out HOW anyone could end up with a pair of eyes, with one half brown.  Maybe I was supposed to have true hazel eyes -- but a gene went wonky somewhere.  Luckily, unless I have eyes wide open, the brown spot is concealed by my eyelid, thank goodness.  :-)

It's because you're special, Jan ... the nice kind of special. 

Quote - Thinking on realism, when I was young -- and nobody had cosmetic surgery but the celebrities -- I remember a girl who was so pretty, naturally with no makeup, that if a character were made with a face and figure like hers, she'd be called unbelievable.  The rest of her family were just ordinary looking, but this girl was a true beauty.  Funny thing -- she dropped out of sight when we were in our twenties.  I have no idea what happened to her.

That is a rare beauty indeed.  As to what happened ... let's see ... now a wealthy heiress in ... hmmm ... Coral Gables, Florida?  :-)

By the way, for a real eye candy treat, come to Hawaii for a few weeks.  :-)

Quote - Dawn will have quite a wardrobe, when she makes her debut...what with all these new models and modelers.  :-)

Yep, yep.  She'll be able to ditch that ratty old string bikini for some real clothes. ;-)

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 10:50 AM

file_496390.jpg

Okay, I had a bit of spare time!!!! lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quote - Here in Brazil, a woman being raped and then accused to be her fault because she provoked it, specially because of her clothes, is something very real and very common to happen.

This happens in the US as well.  What's worse is that about anything can be considered "provocative"  There's also a "No means Yes" argument that unfortunately is used all too often as justification. 

Quote - Ok, rank over, move along, and thanks for clapping in favor of my existance LOL

clap clap clappity clap ... just to make sure. :-)

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:04 AM

Wow 124 pages long this thread is and still growing. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:15 AM

file_496391.jpg

Easy enough to make a bra with the resource suit.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

ghosty12 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:17 AM

I gotta lot of fun at the moment. lol

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:19 AM

Quote - By the look of it, Dawn will have all the clothing in the world :-)
But still no bra. :-) :-) :-)

LOL.

Nice work everyone.

Maybe Hivewire will paint a Purple one on the default texture for you!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote - Easy enough to make a bra with the resource suit.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

More like a sports top than a bra, but nice!

Hmm, come to think of it, I could convert my Michelle's Top Drawer to Dawn :)

- - - - - - 

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 11:57 AM

file_496392.jpg

Finally got a chance to get another render done.

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:04 PM

Quote - Edit:  I'm a chimera!  And have Vanishing Twin Syndrome.

Yeah, but you're a cute one. ;-)

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - Okay, I hope this is a good Goth makeup.

I'd add a good amount of very black eyeliner. :)

And some hint of dark makeup on the bottom lid, dark blush and dark lipstick. Or pale the face and go for shocking reds for the blush and lips.

Sunfire's Creations

shante ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quote - No big deal Kitteh. At least you have a copy! I have heard that it is indigenous people in Borneo who still don't have Marvelous Designer.

I'm not indi.....indigo.....indigous...well I'm not from Borneo either!   :)

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 1:54 PM

file_496394.jpg

Your current "Goth" looks better suited to smokey evening look, but "proper" Goths -  here's a fairly typical eye-lip makeup combo over the deathly white base...

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:12 PM

Ermmmm!!!! Sorry, took a while to spot her make up!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:22 PM

You gotta excuse Latexluv right now - she (he?)'s probably divided into loving Hivewire for being attentive and listening, and wanting to kill people for having to remake all those makeups ;)

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:25 PM

I was looking at the "Bingo Dress" Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

AnAardvark ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:28 PM

You need pleated skirts for Japanese school uniforms - no fashion report. :)

I would really love someone to make a complete school uniform set. (Roogna comes close, because most of his outfits have the same waistline, so you can combine the shirts from one with the shorts/skirts from another.)

Whether based on the traditional fuku (sailor suit) or the more modern blazer/cardigan look, it would be great to have both summer and winter outfits, plus athletic and swimwear. Also, many schools have multiple uniform variations, such as a polo shirt.

spderp ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:44 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quote Shante @ a few posts ago:

Quote - I'm not indi.....indigo.....indigous...well I'm not from Borneo either!   :)

I hereby officially nominate this for the "Quote Of The Day" award!

Thank you Shante for giving me a much needed laugh!

Cheers mate!

sp

Edit:

Why do I always have a double line feed in my replies?

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quote - You gotta excuse Latexluv right now - she (he?)'s probably divided into loving Hivewire for being attentive and listening, and wanting to kill people for having to remake all those makeups ;)

She ;).

Laurie

Kludge ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:17 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 4:20 PM

Quote - You really should give belly dancing a try; it's great exercise, and more fun than simply jogging. The scenery is much nicer, too. ;-)

When I was much, much younger, I did two years of ballet to help my footwork in fencing.  I also ran the 100 & 220 yard dash.  Later in life, I weighed 175-180 pounds, walked 2-1/2 miles/day to & from work and benched 240.  Now I'm heading for a walker due to back, hip & balance issues.  My dancing days are long past.  Sad because you're right, the scenery is pleasant although what I see here in Hawaii ain't too shabby either. :-)

Edit to correct a typo ... while probably missing a whole lot of other messups in the process.

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:26 PM

Quote - Guardian_Angel_671,

Export Dawn as obj. Use the default settings except for one thing, SubDivision Level must be 0.
After the modifications import (Edit/Object)Morph Loader Pro, Click "Choose morph files" and pick up your obj. If everything goes well you will see "Created morph successfully".
Go to the Parameters tab and find your new morph. (Click all and use the search box)
Then click the little gear icon in the top right corner and choose Parameter Settings. Change type Modifier/Shape to Modifier/clone. Done.

Tried this metheod and where it should say "Created morph successfully" it says "Geometery did not match. Failed to create morp"  Any idea what I may have missed?

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - You gotta excuse Latexluv right now - she (he?)'s probably divided into loving Hivewire for being attentive and listening, and wanting to kill people for having to remake all those makeups ;)

She ;).

Laurie

Thanks for the correction! Yeah, I'm a She! And yeah, I had a discussion with my roommate last night about the 'goth' makeup that I did and she said it wasn't goth enough makeup.  So I'm going to do an image search and look at a Goth V4 makeup package I have for ideas and do a truer goth makeup option. For one, I realized I needed to do a 'powdered' whitish face underneath the makeup as well. So I'll work on that this evening. Gotta go to the grocery store here in a few.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Zev0 ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:30 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - Guardian_Angel_671,

Export Dawn as obj. Use the default settings except for one thing, SubDivision Level must be 0.
After the modifications import (Edit/Object)Morph Loader Pro, Click "Choose morph files" and pick up your obj. If everything goes well you will see "Created morph successfully".
Go to the Parameters tab and find your new morph. (Click all and use the search box)
Then click the little gear icon in the top right corner and choose Parameter Settings. Change type Modifier/Shape to Modifier/clone. Done.

Tried this metheod and where it should say "Created morph successfully" it says "Geometery did not match. Failed to create morp"  Any idea what I may have missed?

This was not explained properly. You have to resculpt Genesis to look like Dawn. You cannot import Dawn onto Genesis or vise versa. A resculpt will have the same geometry because it is the same base you are working on. Importing another mesh with a geometry missmatch wont work. Then once the rescupt is done, you need to modify the vertices to see if the clothing will line up etc..

My Renderosity Store

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - You gotta excuse Latexluv right now - she (he?)'s probably divided into loving Hivewire for being attentive and listening, and wanting to kill people for having to remake all those makeups ;)

She ;).

Laurie

Thanks for the correction! Yeah, I'm a She! And yeah, I had a discussion with my roommate last night about the 'goth' makeup that I did and she said it wasn't goth enough makeup.  So I'm going to do an image search and look at a Goth V4 makeup package I have for ideas and do a truer goth makeup option. For one, I realized I needed to do a 'powdered' whitish face underneath the makeup as well. So I'll work on that this evening. Gotta go to the grocery store here in a few.

Be sure you got the latest version of Dawn though ;)

- - - - - - 

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:43 PM

Hmm ... I've been overweight all my life.  Maybe I ate my twin in utero, and I really am two people, not one.  

There haven't been a lot of twins in my family, but there have been some.  Maybe that's why all my paternal relatives have struggled with weight too. They all ate their twins (or triplets in some cases).

Ok.  That's just creepy as you say.

Quote - As for being twins in one body...wow -- well, my mother's generation was supposed to have twins but she didn't.  Ok, now I'm creeped out.  I ate my twin!  My poor twin...

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:54 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:55 PM

Zev0,

You don't give up so easily do you, even if it is evident that you have no idea what you are speaking of.
Of course he has to resculpt, that is understood between "Export Dawn and "After the modifications. What modifications do you think it is?  My god.

Strixowl,

You are doing quite correct in that you test the workflow before you start. It is stupid to model for three hours only to get "Geometery did not match. Failed to create morp".

Check and double check that you have set SubDivision Level to 0. Export out Dawn and immediatly load her back as morph as she is. Don't give up until you get "Created morph successfully". Then you can start the lengthy modification process.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 6:59 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quote - Zev0,

You don't give up so easily do you, even if it is evident that you have no idea what you are speaking of.
Of course he has to resculpt, that is understood between "Export Dawn and "After the modifications. What modifications do you think it is?  My god.

Strixowl,

You are doing quite correct in that you test the workflow before you start. It is stupid to model for three hours only to get "Geometery did not match. Failed to create morp".

Check and double check that you have set SubDivision Level to 0. Export out Dawn and immediatly load her back as morph as she is. Don't give up until you get "Created morph successfully". Then you can start the lengthy modification process.

You're exporting incorrectly. Setting only subdivisions to 0 will not export correctly.

Set resolution level to 'Base'. This sets the subdivision cage to its lowest level.. and sets subdivision to 0.

Your instructions have to be clearer than this, you're only going to confuse people if you don't tell them the exact instructions in the correct order.

RawArt ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:06 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:09 PM

Quote - Zev0,

Strixowl,

Why are so many people in these forums so quick to proclaim that others dont know what they are talking about?

Have you seen all the morphs zevo has made?

I think it is safe to say he does know exactly what he is talking about.

The point is that things were not clear.

First...is the person trying to make dawn look like genesis, or genesis look like dawn?

It is probably at that point where they are getting confused and running into that error.

Obviously if someone tries to bring Dawn in as a morph onto genesis, it wont work because the mesh is different, and vice verse if someone tries to bring genesis in as a morph for dawm.

The part that has to be made clear is that If you want a dawn shape on genesis, you have to shape the genesis mesh into dawn using whatever sculpting program you have, and then bring in that reshaped genesis as the morph. Bearing in mind that when the genesis mesh gets exported from d/s it should be at it's most base resolution to make the morph.   (and if you wanted a genesis shape on dawn...then invert the names I mentioned and keep the same process)

It is alot easier to try to solve the problem than to go out of your way to insult someone else who is also trying to help. There was a time where the rosity forums were a really great place to go for information, without all this posturing.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:07 PM

Kids, be kind to each other, or will I have to ground you? ;)

- - - - - - 

vintorix ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:13 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:13 PM

Afrodite-Ohki,

Have no fear, I have given my last instruction!

Have a nice day.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:14 PM

I'm not asking to stop instructing! I'm asking to avoid remarks such as "it is evident that you have no idea what you are speaking of". Was that necessary? :(

- - - - - - 

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 7:41 PM

Thank you for the info vintorix, Male_M3Dia and Rawnrr  Gunna try it again and not going to give up til it says "Created morp successfully"  :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:06 PM

Quote -
Why are so many people in these forums so quick to proclaim that others dont know what they are talking about?

Have you seen all the morphs zevo has made?

I think it is safe to say he does know exactly what he is talking about.

The point is that things were not clear.

It's just a problem with one person ;). I, for one, don't know a damn thing and freely admit it. LOL.

Laurie

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:14 PM

I know a lot of things but most of them are quite useless LMAO

- - - - - - 

Fringewood ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:29 PM

Latexluv

Quote - Usually I use procedural shaders on clothing but when it comes to something like jeans, it really needs a texture and I don't have jean resources images.

http://cgi.fringewood.com/downloads.html

You can find my denim textures here.  For the release of Dawn, I've changed the EULA to allow freebie and commercial texture production from the textures, as long as they are modified, as with any merchant resource.  These were generated at a scale for closeup detailed work.  I recommend using these as patterns, setting the master texture window to a very large scale, then scaling down to the detail level you need for applying to the texture to the UV.  (Example, a 4X reduction, 16000 X 16000 down to 4000 X 4000, or if you don't have the RAM and can settle for a slightly fuzzier texture, reduce the denim texture and pattern it).

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quote - Latexluv

Quote - Usually I use procedural shaders on clothing but when it comes to something like jeans, it really needs a texture and I don't have jean resources images.

http://cgi.fringewood.com/downloads.html

You can find my denim textures here.  For the release of Dawn, I've changed the EULA to allow freebie and commercial texture production from the textures, as long as they are modified, as with any merchant resource.  These were generated at a scale for closeup detailed work.  I recommend using these as patterns, setting the master texture window to a very large scale, then scaling down to the detail level you need for applying to the texture to the UV.  (Example, a 4X reduction, 16000 X 16000 down to 4000 X 4000, or if you don't have the RAM and can settle for a slightly fuzzier texture, reduce the denim texture and pattern it).

Woot. Are we all allowed to use those? -

- - - - - - 

Fringewood ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:55 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quote -
Woot. Are we all allowed to use those? -

Yes, they're available for anyone to use for any project, doesn't have to be Dawn related.

And if anyone needs any other of the texture packages as merchant resources, ask.  I can change the EULA.  For now, they are available for rendering projects, personal or commercial, as they always have been, so you can at least play with them to see if they work for you.  Just be warned that I'm about to take off for a camping trip and will be out of touch for a few days.  But it gives you time to play.

vagabondallen ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:02 PM

file_496407.jpg

I'm four poses away from completing the drafting of my Dawn pose set. In the process, I'm wondering if anyone knows whether the left side render constitutes nudity? Because I can adapt by using the style on the right for my promo renders.

Fringewood ( ) posted Mon, 15 July 2013 at 9:15 PM

file_496409.jpg

BTW The original promo from '06.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.